Police

OBTS

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of the same! Little man syndrome--gotta have the last and final word on everything!

What kind of banty rooster are you!? Seriously. Everyone has been completely civil while responding to your gripe. You didn't like it and got mad. The fact remains that you failed to properly maintain your child's vehicle. That failure caused her the significant stress of being pulled over for the first time while you laughed about it.

The guy did his job rather efectively, IMO, since you've already fixed the light. :thumbsup:

Something that should be considered is....

Under this depressed economy, everyone needs job justifcation. Do we as citizens need to be paying the salary of law enforcement personel (not to mention car, equipment, etc) to check our license plate lights, inspection stickers, seat belt violations (really chaps my :censored: ) and other trivial violations. IMHO that's money that could be better spent on education.

Guest bleeds
Something that should be considered is....

Under this depressed economy, everyone needs job justifcation. Do we as citizens need to be paying the salary of law enforcement personel (not to mention car, equipment, etc) to check our license plate lights, inspection stickers, seat belt violations (really chaps my :censored: ) and other trivial violations. IMHO that's money that could be better spent on education.

You're kidding, right? You're suggesting we shouldn't pay law enforcement officers to enforce laws our legislature has created?

Just wondering. Did you actually read the thread?

And speaking of, as you described them, "trivial violations", what other violations would you consider trivial.

I can't wait.

Guest bleeds
That's what I thought!! Sounds like bleeds is "about" two or three biscuits away from 3 bills :rolleyes:

Fighting it tooth and nail. Ran this morning. Eating lighter. We'll see how that goes.

So you won't all think I'm just a tub of lard, last time I lifted, I pushed 330 on BP. Shortly thereafter, my shoulder started giving me problems and I had to lay off. You'll have that at 48. Still giving me probs. May have it looked at soon.

BTW, yes kevnasty, I know you can lift more than me. :thumbsup:

You're kidding, right? You're suggesting we shouldn't pay law enforcement officers to enforce laws our legislature has created?

And speaking of, as you described them, "trivial violations", what other violations would you consider trivial.

I can't wait.

Agree, and that's why I think this is a stupid thread from the original post on.

No matter what your job is, everyone has major job duties they have to perform and lesser, minor duties as well. But, they all have to be done regardless. A cop's job is no different. He is paid to enforce the laws both big or small. IIRC, the cop in question wrote a WARNING for the tag light, right? Good grief, I'm happy when I get a warning.

Fighting it tooth and nail. Ran this morning. Eating lighter. We'll see how that goes.

So you won't all think I'm just a tub of lard, last time I lifted, I pushed 330 on BP. Shortly thereafter, my shoulder started giving me problems and I had to lay off. You'll have that at 48. Still giving me probs. May have it looked at soon.

BTW, yes kevnasty, I know you can lift more than me. :thumbsup:

Kevnasty can lift 2 beers at a time! :notworthy:

I can't wait.

No.. I AM saying maybe we have too many law enforcement officers.. I tried to dance around that but apparently some people aren't astute enough to understand it (This is referring to "Bleeds" specifically). Law enforcement officers don't be offended everyone is going through a time of uncertainty right now. Why not you too?

I guess the money crunch hasn't hit your household yet.... Heard of budget cuts?

Because instead of creating new taxes I would rather reallocate the current funds to other "more important" programs. It should work like, you know... a budget with limited funds.

hmm. Trivial violations.. These include violations that don't harm anyone but the offender (Unless u think every one should be saved by the government... And if so I can't argue with you, because we have a fundamental difference of opinion in what the purpose of government is.)

No.. I AM saying maybe we have too many law enforcement officers.. I tried to dance around that but apparently some people aren't astute enough to understand it (This is referring to "Bleeds" specifically). Law enforcement officers don't be offended everyone is going through a time of uncertainty right now. Why not you too?

I guess the money crunch hasn't hit your household yet.... Heard of budget cuts?

Because instead of creating new taxes I would rather reallocate the current funds to other "more important" programs. It should work like, you know... a budget with limited funds.

hmm. Trivial violations.. These include violations that don't harm anyone but the offender (Unless u think every one should be saved by the government... And if so I can't argue with you, because we have a fundamental difference of opinion in what the purpose of government is.)

Wow. That comes off as extreme jealousy.

How about a list of things you consider to be "more important". I can't think of any. PBS? Buying bad mortgages?

Guest bleeds

Tell me Warren Buffett, how does enforcing the law equate to being saved by the government. I guess you'd rather spend that money on bailing out the big three automakers, or maybe Wall Street? The biggest problem in our countr today is crime, and you want to cut back on the number of cops. Brilliant.

You said in an earlier post you believe the money saved from not paying cops to do their jobs should be used for education. That tells me you're standing there with your hand out wanting someone else to pay for your college. Getting warm?

Okay, while you're changing your bong water, look this up for me. Show me where anyone suggested there should be, as you put it, "new taxes" created in order to fund law enforcement.

Tell you what, why don't you talk to Five0 and ask him if his department has too many law enforcement officers. You will find his answer to be the norm across the country because there are too many people like you who believe they should be able to go through life unabated, do as they wish, violating the law as they please.

BTW, I asked a specific question and you gave the vaguest of answers. I'm still waiting.

Guest bleeds
Health care. Education. Social Security. Infrastructure updating.

FYI - PBS is support by "viewers like you". :whome:

And you accused me of wanting to be saved by the government?

You're stoned right now aren't you?

Even if Wildcatsrule were to get his wish and I lost my job, how much education is that $35,000 - $40,000 dollars going to buy for a city of 5000 - 6000 people? What, maybe 20 laptops? At the most? Will that improve grades anyway?

I'll bet he's not so eager to call for the destruction of jobs among his local water department. He enjoys his warm showers every morning too much.

Tell me Warren Buffett, how does enforcing the law equate to being saved by the government. I guess you'd rather spend that money on bailing out the big three automakers, or maybe Wall Street? The biggest problem in our countr today is crime, and you want to cut back on the number of cops. Brilliant.

Really?? Crime is the biggest problem in our countr? Where are you getting this information?

And I would hardly call sitting on the side of the road checking for speeders and making sure everyone's license plate lights are working "Crime Prevention".

You said in an earlier post you believe the money saved from not paying cops to do their jobs should be used for education. That tells me you're standing there with your hand out wanting someone else to pay for your college. Getting warm?

Not even close. Graduated TAMUC 2003. Payed my own way. So you think the public education system is "good enough"? Did you know that an educated person is less likely to commit a crime?

Okay, while you're changing your bong water, look this up for me. Show me where anyone suggested there should be, as you put it, "new taxes" created in order to fund law enforcement.

Pot head? Anyone who doesn't agree with spending tax money on police officers hanging out on the side of the road is a pot head? Come on, you can do better than that.

Tell you what, why don't you talk to Five0 and ask him if his department has too many law enforcement officers.

If his department has people employed to park alongside the road to check for license plate lights, then yes, his department has too many people. Protect and Serve. Not Harass and Annoy.

You will find his answer to be the norm across the country because there are too many people like you who believe they should be able to go through life unabated, do as they wish, violating the law as they please.

BTW, I asked a specific question and you gave the vaguest of answers. I'm still waiting.

Sounds like the law enforcement officers I know. Speeding Laws do not apply to police officers on or off duty. Call me a liar….

Even if Wildcatsrule were to get his wish and I lost my job, how much education is that $35,000 - $40,000 dollars going to buy for a city of 5000 - 6000 people? What, maybe 20 laptops? At the most? Will that improve grades anyway?

I'll bet he's not so eager to call for the destruction of jobs among his local water department. He enjoys his warm showers every morning too much.

First off... I do not wish anyone who is doing a honest days work for an honest days pay to lose their job.

Is that 35,000 - 40,000 wages? if so double it to include benefits. Then add a car. It's a lot closer to $100,000 per officer. And I bet you could get a laptop cheaper than your math indicates.

Guest bleeds

Liar. You asked for it. But if you want to know about speeding laws and off-duty cops, you'll need to ask a cop, if in fact you can stand to be around one long enough for him/her to answer. Your disdain for cops show oh too clearly.

Now, it is clear you believe speeding is okay. What you seem to choose to ignore is speeding causes accidents. I know as I have been a firefighter for 24 years and have seen the effects of people like you who believe it's okay to drive as you wish lose control and crash your vehicle. You don't see the importance of enforcing the speed limit because you not only have no regard for the law, but for those who enforce it.

BTW, to think throwing money at education will actually educate anyone is at best naive.

BTW, what would you say is the biggest problem in our country. Crime can be tied to anything you might list, either as the causitive factor or the result.

Liar. You asked for it.

Smart :censored:

But if you want to know about speeding laws and off-duty cops, you'll need to ask a cop, if in fact you can stand to be around one long enough for him/her to answer. Your disdain for cops show oh too clearly.

Now, it is clear you believe speeding is okay. What you seem to choose to ignore is speeding causes accidents. I know as I have been a firefighter for 24 years and have seen the effects of people like you who believe it's okay to drive as you wish lose control and crash your vehicle. You don't see the importance of enforcing the speed limit because you not only have no regard for the law, but for those who enforce it.

BTW, to think throwing money at education will actually educate anyone is at best naive.

BTW, what would you say is the biggest problem in our country. Crime can be tied to anything you might list, either as the causitive factor or the result.

You are putting words in my mouth. I don't have disdain for cops. Whatever. I play cards with a group of them on a weekly basis. Whatever. Your propensity to jump to conclusions and sling mud is laughable. I don't speed for the same reasons you state. And I do have regard for the law, I guess that's why I don't see the need for overwhelming police forces.

Do you think throwing money at Traffic Violators is naïve(stupid)? Why not?

BTW, What's up with all the BTW's….