Area Select Baseball Team looking to feel roster spots (looking for key componets to finish out roster space)

baseballguru23

Formerly known as the East Texas Cyclones, the Texas Naturals are looking for players for their 2009 summer campaign. A Tryout will be held, however the date and time is still up in the air. If you know of anyone that is looking to play select baseball start throwing names at me. We can hopefully start a discussion board. Out of last years team I had two kids drafted. Tarlandus Mitchell 22nd Round Chicago Cubs, and David Rollins 17th Round Los Angeles Dodgers. Our other seniors signed D1 or D1 Juco Scholarships at various schools. I am looking to put another legit team on the field this summer, let me know if you all have any names. When it gets closer to the tryout I will be throwing dates and other info out.

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some pretty decent kids in Rusk. John David Beard plays shortstop and pitches some. He hits very good. Quick around the bases as well. Trent Vaught catches he's pretty decent behind the plate. Hits the ball pretty well. There are one or two more from Rusk that are good too. Check out one of their games this spring and I'm sure you'll pick at least 1 of them up.

How does your program compare to some of the other programs in East Texas? Is the Cyclones the team I saw in Shreveport last summer that had a fight with the other team.

If so I was not impressed with the character of that group.

I seem to remember hearing about this episode as well. Is this actually true?

I agree with you regarding character. Even though this is a "select" team, playing with character should still be a priority. A quality coach/leader should have no problem defining acceptable character within his team.

How does your program compare to some of the other programs in East Texas? Is the Cyclones the team I saw in Shreveport last summer that had a fight with the other team.

yea of a matter of act i think it was with the ruston team bc the rollins kid is like my brother i have played with him forever and we played on the Dallas Panthers together n trust me he told me all about it bc from what i hear he started it lol

Are you sure you want to call out the whole group? You might want to start with the Ruston coach.

Haha, some of you need to wake up. This is not 9-10 year old baseball. Some of you parents need to let go, get your kids off the tit, and let them face reality. If you think the next level does not go through this, you will have a rude awakening. From what I heard from both sides, it was just a ordinary game and it got out of hand. Its baseball, its kids competing and it will happen at that level, the next level, and even the level after that. I highly doubt the coaches were promoting the kids to fight. If anything, it probably taught them a life lesson.

Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!! Moron of the year award goes to dank7...truly one of the worst first posts in Smoaky history!!!

I just wrote him off as someone that hasn't had kids!

On another note, ask T. Mitchell if the coaches had anything to do with him getting drafted......

You seem to have all of the answers, so why don't you share with everyone how this particular coach influenced the Chicago Cubs to draft "his" player?

How many games of "select" ball did this individual play with the coach? What skills did the coach hone/refine during their time together? What connections to MLB does this particular coach have?

Even though I don't have a son whose eligible, or still have a kid "on the tit" for that matter, I would be interested to know.

You seem to have all of the answers, so why don't you share with everyone how this particular coach influenced the Chicago Cubs to draft "his" player?

How many games of "select" ball did this individual play with the coach? What skills did the coach hone/refine during their time together? What connections to MLB does this particular coach have?

Even though I don't have a son whose eligible, or still have a kid "on the tit" for that matter, I would be interested to know.

Hey Kool-aid I think you read way to much into that!

You heard things, you have no one involved. You just wanna stir the pot, loser!