Area Select Baseball Team looking to feel roster spots (looking for key componets to finish out roster space)

baseballguru23

You seem to have all of the answers, so why don't you share with everyone how this particular coach influenced the Chicago Cubs to draft "his" player?

How many games of "select" ball did this individual play with the coach? What skills did the coach hone/refine during their time together? What connections to MLB does this particular coach have?

Even though I don't have a son whose eligible, or still have a kid "on the tit" for that matter, I would be interested to know.

The Scout who drafted Mitchell from the Chicago Cubs- Trey Forkerway and I have a great relationship... That's how

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kool-aid I think you read way to much into that!

You heard things, you have no one involved. You just wanna stir the pot, loser!

The only thing I "heard" was the following:

QUOTE (dank7 @ Jan 8 2009, 03:41 PM) *

On another note, ask T. Mitchell if the coaches had anything to do with him getting drafted......

If I'm stirring the pot by asking for this comment to be substantiated then I'm guilty as charged.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, though. Unless, of course, you're the actual Kool-Aid drinker.

I mean, the kid could pop the mitt in the low 90s. Did he actually need a "select" team coach to get drafted?

Just explain what was implied. Who knows, if its actually true it might result in more players for your team.

The Scout who drafted Mitchell from the Chicago Cubs- Trey Forkerway and I have a great relationship... That's how

If the relationship is as great as you say it is, then its reasonable to expect that more of "your" players would have been drafted by the Cubs.

I don't have any personal beef with you. I just didn't cotton to the way you stated "I had two of my players drafted." The implication being that the players wouldn't have been drafted otherwise.

The only thing I "heard" was the following:

QUOTE (dank7 @ Jan 8 2009, 03:41 PM) *

On another note, ask T. Mitchell if the coaches had anything to do with him getting drafted......

If I'm stirring the pot by asking for this comment to be substantiated then I'm guilty as charged.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, though. Unless, of course, you're the actual Kool-Aid drinker.

I mean, the kid could pop the mitt in the low 90s. Did he actually need a "select" team coach to get drafted?

Just explain what was implied. Who knows, if its actually true it might result in more players for your team.

You tell me Kool-aid, did he mean they had something to do or didn't have something to do with T getting drafted. I can tell you that the coach helped him make a difficult decision.

If the relationship is as great as you say it is, then its reasonable to expect that more of "your" players would have been drafted by the Cubs.

I don't have any personal beef with you. I just didn't cotton to the way you stated "I had two of my players drafted." The implication being that the players wouldn't have been drafted otherwise.

Seeing how there were only 2-3 seniors on the team getting more drafted would have been a little tough, as juniors are not eligible for the draft. If he wanted to take credit I would have expected something like "I got two of my players drafted" "I had" doesn't claim ownership of the event, only that it happened in the past.

Had + [VERB+ed] describes actions that began and ended in the past.

Not saying he needed help getting drafted...........more like when he gets drafted and to who. What does it matter. They simply helped him, and thats all. Like I said, ask him and see if he appreciated whatever they did.

You tell me Kool-aid, did he mean they had something to do or didn't have something to do with T getting drafted. I can tell you that the coach helped him make a difficult decision.

Awwww.......

That's so sweet. A father protecting his son from a mean "kool-aid" drinker.

Your son must really be wise for his age, considering he helped this young man make such a "difficult decision."

Judging from this last comment, I think my assumption was a towering shot over the Green Monster.

As Dank posted....."more like when he gets drafted and to who." So, you see Matlock, my response to Dank was right on target. How about a little more intelligence, and a bit less bravado?

Since you're taking up for your boy, why don't you answer the questions I posed? Neither he, nor Dank, seem willing to.

Again, how many games did your boy coach him?

How did your boy help him with his game?

Besides "knowing" a scout, how did he influence when the kid was drafted or by whom?

For someone coming on a public forum to solicit players, these are not unreasonable questions.

Judging from this last comment, I think my assumption was a towering shot over the Green Monster.

As Dank posted....."more like when he gets drafted and to who." So, you see Matlock, my response to Dank was right on target. How about a little more intelligence, and a bit less bravado?

Since you're taking up for your boy, why don't you answer the questions I posed? Neither he, nor Dank, seem willing to.

Again, how many games did your boy coach him?

How did your boy help him with his game?

Besides "knowing" a scout, how did he influence when the kid was drafted or by whom?

For someone coming on a public forum to solicit players, these are not unreasonable questions.

More like a strike out of the Kool-aid boy!

Dank said "ask him and see if he didn't appreciate his help" Strike one!

I said that I know that he helped him make a difficult decision! Strike two!

You have a serious nose problem! Strike three!

Your outta here!!!

Out of last years team I had two kids drafted. Tarlandus Mitchell 22nd Round Chicago Cubs, and David Rollins 17th Round Los Angeles Dodgers. Our other seniors signed D1 or D1 Juco Scholarships at various schools.

The addition of the above information could only be for recruiting purposes, therefore the questions that Sonoman has ask are legitimate. I also would like to know in what capacity you helped these young men achieve what they have. Did you refine their skills? Did you provide additional contacts? Did you send out video or stats? Answering these questions would greatly add to your recruiting effort!

The addition of the above information could only be for recruiting purposes, therefore the questions that Sonoman has ask are legitimate. I also would like to know in what capacity you helped these young men achieve what they have. Did you refine their skills? Did you provide additional contacts? Did you send out video or stats? Answering these questions would greatly add to your recruiting effort!

Straw, I can tell you the tournaments this team went to, there were scouts for colleges, not to mention most took place at D-1 schools, like KSU, LSU, OSU, LSU Monroe, I can also tell you the coach contacted and spoke with college scouts and coachs about attending the games and while they were at the games. The parents made a nice roster sheet with pics, bio's and contact information to give to the scouts, coaches and event organizers. Most of the kids that played already had the attention of schools, kids that play at this level do. Like I have already said the coach helped T. Mitchell and his parents make a tough decision. This coach and his assistant gave a lot of their personal time and were knowlegdeable about the game. The players got a travel bag, 3 pairs of warm up short, warm up tops, along with 3 game uniforms, socks and cleats. Is it for everyone, I'm sure each player and his parents would give you a range of answers.

Straw, I can tell you the tournaments this team went to, there were scouts for colleges, not to mention most took place at D-1 schools, like KSU, LSU, OSU, LSU Monroe, I can also tell you the coach contacted and spoke with college scouts and coachs about attending the games and while they were at the games. The parents made a nice roster sheet with pics, bio's and contact information to give to the scouts, coaches and event organizers. Most of the kids that played already had the attention of schools, kids that play at this level do. Like I have already said the coach helped T. Mitchell and his parents make a tough decision. This coach and his assistant gave a lot of their personal time and were knowlegdeable about the game. The players got a travel bag, 3 pairs of warm up short, warm up tops, along with 3 game uniforms, socks and cleats. Is it for everyone, I'm sure each player and his parents would give you a range of answers.

Sounds like he did more than most High School Coaches I know!

You dont expect it with select teams!

not a good one. lots of select teams running around especially in the younger divisions so the daddy can be coach and jr. can play short and pitch for the 1st time ever. with older kids, it might happen one year, but the older guys that are worth a flip aren't gonna sit around and watch it two years in a row.

Now that wasn't so hard was it??? You provided good information here which answers the questions I posed.

Maybe it was you who was stirring the pot.

Do us a favor next time and answer the questions instead of submitting everyone on here to your whining.

i only know one person talking on this thread(3js) and ithink he's the only one that asked a legitimate question about the subject at hand :coolball: i don't think the person asked who drinks koolaid,i think he asked for kids to fill roster spots on a select baseball team

Now that wasn't so hard was it??? You provided good information here which answers the questions I posed.

Maybe it was you who was stirring the pot.

Do us a favor next time and answer the questions instead of submitting everyone on here to your whining.

No Kool-aid, you were the pot stirrer, and you're still whining! When someone with a legitimate question asks, I don't mind giving the answer. You on the other hand were questioning if the coach had any part in T. Mitchell's step to the professional ranks. I have only said that the coach helped in a difficult decision, that's not changed. I feel that info is private and if the Mitchell family wants to respond further they (not me) can.

I'm through with this, sonoman24 you got a kid that wants to play select ball? What position, throws R or L, bats R or L?

Lawyer, you are a joke and seem exactly what your name says. Lawyer or not, you have hard feelings for this coach. Sounds almost like he ran through your gf. Give it a rest. The guy is finding players for his team and your on here trying to bash him. Speaking of mature. And another thing, if there was nothing involved with him and Tarlandus, why was he taken in the 21st or so round. From my understanding, this is where the coach helped him.

Lawyer, you are a joke and seem exactly what your name says. Lawyer or not, you have hard feelings for this coach. Sounds almost like he ran through your gf. Give it a rest. The guy is finding players for his team and your on here trying to bash him. Speaking of mature. And another thing, if there was nothing involved with him and Tarlandus, why was he taken in the 21st or so round. From my understanding, this is where the coach helped him.