SHOTS FIRED!

Guest bleeds

I wouldn’t feel safe around any of you, especially a CHL holder that doesn’t know how to be safe in a tree stand with a bow.

Hey, TT - The gunmen with the purdy guns are the good guys.

Forget the bat, I know a 16 year old pitcher that could take the gunman out with a baseball at 30 yards, saw him kill 2 skunks with 2 pitches at that distance and the skunks didn’t even spray.

Don't be a coward Camuch, go ahead and call me out by name. And please, please let me know when you're being mugged that you don't want my help, and I'll be sure not to give it to you. Truth is, I'd probably try to help your worthless hide anyway. Who knows, maybe your skunk killer buddy will swoop in and save your bacon...or maybe you'd feel safer if only the criminals were armed? Gun hating, Obama-lovin' liberal. :thumbdown:

Oh and TT, big difference between me and Barney Fife.... I carry my gun fully loaded with a couple of extra mags on me.....that and I won't hesitate to use it if I have to. :thumbsup:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe those who view CHL holders as wreckless cowboys should wear t-shirts that say:

"When the shooting starts, I don't want your help. I'm going to reason with the gunman, or leave, go somewhere and buy a bat, come back, sneak up on him, and disarm him with said bat."

I know that is a lot of text, but it would sure make it easier on us carrying so we can possibly save some ammunition.

Once he arrived at the hardware store, Lenny was unable to remember if his boss said "socket" or "sprocket".

I have been trying to remeber what this discourse reminded me od and now I know. Andy Griffith and a bunch of Barney Fifes.

There was no doubt Darius loved Aretha Franklin. But he couldn't help but wonder, was it live, or was it Memorex?

Houston woman shoots coworker with bow and arrow

A woman is accused of shooting one of her coworkers with a bow and arrow. A woman armed with a bow and arrow and a mock gun stormed into a northwest Houston business Monday and allegedly shot an employee.

Julie Parker shot the victim, Armando Silva, with an arrow.

“I saw him with a bow and arrow in the side of his chest. He was fading," said Alex Quiroga, the victim's co-worker. "The girl was running toward the building to the hallway.”

They said Silva was loaded into an ambulance with the arrow still sticking out of his chest.

"Yea, was pretty scary," said Mike Barrera, a witness. "I just saw when they got him out of the building. He had an arrow on the left side and he wouldn't fit in the ambulance. They had to cut the arrow off to get him in."

It happened Monday afternoon at Texas Components, a micro electronics company located at 1662 West Sam Houston Parkway.

Witnesses said other employees of the business pulled out their own pistols. They were able to knock the mock gun away from Parker, but when she allegedly threatened to shoot them with another arrow, they fired a couple shots at her.

“When police got here, I gave them directions of what I saw and they surrounded the area," said George Dustin, another witness. "They moved in, and then we heard a half a dozen gunshots inside.”

A Houston Police Department spokesperson confirmed that an officer did shoot 30-year-old Parker after a brief standoff. It's not clear why she was shot, but they did learn that her father worked at the company.

She was also taken to an area hospital. Both Parker and Silva are listed in stable condition.

Parker has been charged with Aggravated Assault and Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer.

The two workers who shot the woman were both licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

Shopping with Bleeds and Immortal13

Gotta hand it to you tee-tee boy. That's pretty funny.

But can you guess which one is me?

BTW, did you see the ease of which the sidearms were drawn? Imagine trying to get a Louisville Sluggard out that quick.

Just a closing thought. I won't bother to do the math or look up stats. Its not so much the numbers as the Conceptual perspective. I will even concede that the percentages might not even make my argument realistic.

"In an impressive, comprehensive 12 year study of all public multiple shooting incidents in America between 1977 and 1999, economists John Lott and Bill Landes found that the only public policy that reduced both the incidence and casualties of such shootings were concealed-carry laws. Not only are there 60 percent fewer gun massacres after states adopt concealed-carry laws, but the death and injury rate of such rampages are reduced by 80 percent.

"In an impressive, comprehensive 12 year study of all public multiple shooting incidents in America between 1977 and 1999, economists John Lott and Bill Landes found that the only public policy that reduced both the incidence and casualties of such shootings were concealed-carry laws. Not only are there 60 percent fewer gun massacres after states adopt concealed-carry laws, but the death and injury rate of such rampages are reduced by 80 percent.

Would you mind posting or pm'ing the source or a link to that research? I would like to see what all they took into consideration.

The abstract from the original paper by Lott and Landes:

Abstract:

Few events obtain the same instant worldwide news coverage as multiple victim public shootings. These crimes allow us to study the alternative methods used to kill a large number of people (e.g., shootings versus bombings), marginal deterrence and the severity of the crime, substitutability of penalties, private versus public methods of deterrence and incapacitation, and whether attacks produce copycats. Yet, economists have not studied this phenomenon. Our results are surprising and dramatic. While arrest or conviction rates and the death penalty reduce normal murder rates, our results find that the only policy factor to influence multiple victim public shootings is the passage of concealed handgun laws. We explain why public shootings are more sensitive than other violent crimes to concealed handguns, why the laws reduce both the number of shootings as well as their severity, and why other penalties like executions have differential deterrent effects depending upon the type of murder.

And, the original research: Paper