SHOTS FIRED!

Guest bleeds

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, you seem to be unable to accept even a scenario and offer an advised opininion unless the view is identitical to your own narrow interpretation.

I have no problem being the village idiot for you, but you could go ahead and show your friends and neighbors how you have actually thought out what the proper response would be in such a situation. In order to be secure in knowing that other citizens are legally carrying and able to assist in a crisis as described, you ought to be more concerned with making an intelligent response. The truth though, is that a bad situation can get worse when a bunch of people start shooting.

Somebody with a modest portion of intelligence tell me how you can tell who the bad guy is. In a crisis, how do you determine when to show your weapon, and then decide whether to discharge it? This ain't the drugstore checker table where everybody can be a hero. This is when the probability of loss of life and permanent mental scarring are on the table in large portions.

Laugh it off if you will, but even your buddies know that the reality is different. I think that 5-0 gave a very imaginative suggestion as well for a law officer. Even veterans do not function as well when they are faced with a muzzle blast at close range.

Even though Jim had no library card, he pondered, "Can you trust a thin chef?"

In your opinion (everyone...) What is the best handgun to carry?

The one you have.

This link shows probably the most successful shooting tactics trainer now living and his answer to that exact question. If you want other tidbits of his smarts, search for "Clint Smith" or "Thunder Ranch".

And another related topic:

Guest bleeds
I guess that leaves you out, huh?

Despite the loud and drunken taunts from John Daley, Ron could only think "Head down. Left arm straight."

QUOTE (TiggerTerror @ Jan 9 2009, 04:44 PM)

And you as well. You are regressing to your "Copy that Cat" past!

And again, the frightened chimpanzee compared his next meal to the size of his sphincter. Passing that cue ball really had a lasting effect on his psyche.

Add this detail to the scenario: Signs are displayed at every mall entrance that comply fully with Section 30.06 Penal Code. Do you still enter with licensed concealed weapon?

Not without being in violation of said code. However, it is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

QUOTE (TiggerTerror @ Jan 9 2009, 04:44 PM)

I guess that leaves you out, huh?

And you as well. You are regressing to your "Copy that Cat" past!

As the crowd cried for a hero, Dan knew he had been put on the Earth for this day, this moment.

Add this detail to the scenario: Signs are displayed at every mall entrance that comply fully with Section 30.06 Penal Code. Do you still enter with licensed concealed weapon?

I don't. If a mall has 30.06 signs up, I will have determined that it's not a safe place to be, and I'll spend my money elsewhere.

But, as a matter of semantics, there are no "licensed concealed weapon". Only licensed concealed carry. And the limits of that license are exceeded if you pass the 30.06 signs with a concealed handgun.

Can you carry in the parking lot of a Texas school?

Q: Can a license holder have a handgun in the license holder's

vehicle in a school parking lot?

A: A license holder is not prohibited from having a handgun in his or

her vehicle in a school parking lot. (School employees should know

and comply with their employer's policy on this point.) However, it is a

criminal offense for any person who is on school property to exhibi,

use, or threaten to exhibit or use a firearm. See Texas Education

Code 5 37.125(a).

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/LS-16.pdf

It's less clear if you're on foot.

Simple and obvious answer. You only shoot when you are certain the target is the enemy. You don't just "instinctively" shoot at anyone with a gun. Common sense......

Is it really, when you already have your weapon drawn? When you have seen the guy in front of you cap somebody?

Simple and obvious answer. You only shoot when you are certain the target is the enemy. You don't just "instinctively" shoot at anyone with a gun. Common sense......

Is it really, when you already have your weapon drawn? When you have seen the guy in front of you cap somebody?

Although Richard had waited all season for this opportunity, he couldn't take his eyes off his newly manicured fingernails.

Yes it is really. You are obligated to make an attempt to identify your target before you shoot. You don't just shoot anyone you see with a gun.

Hopefully, based on your responses, you are not a concealed handgun license holder.

Yes it is really. You are obligated to make an attempt to identify your target before you shoot. You don't just shoot anyone you see with a gun.

Hopefully, based on your responses, you are not a concealed handgun license holder.

Maybe my posts are the only ones that you read. If you will go back through this thread, you will find that I am one of the ones that has recommended not even exposing your weapon. The cowboys on here, including a policeman has advocated shooting and asking questions later. I have only suggested that in a shooting incident, unless he is wearing a uniform (like a POLICE Officer) the good guys may be hard to distinguish from the bad guys. If you actually read what I posted there wwould be no question that I am credentialed to carry a weapon. I choose the places that I go, based upon my perception of the safety that my family will be in. I do not put places where I think I need a weapon on the top of my list.

If you had read what I posted you would know that my recommendation for a weapon in the scenario posted was not even a gun. I questioned what might happen if more than one person chose to be a hero and stop a shooter, by shooting.