Sorry, I dont buy it

Coachrmc

Im sorry, but for all those that like to slam Oklahoma and Bob Stoops. You need to step back and look at the big picture. I just dont buy into it. All this "Choke"lahoma, and "Welcome to Mack Brown 2000-2004" that everyone seems to throw at OU every time they lose seems to be your way of trying to rationalize why Texas is not as good of a program as OU.

Yes - lost last 5 BCS games

Yes - lost in National Championship game 3 times in a row now.

But, how can you call a program that wins 6 Big 12 championships and has played in 7 in 9 years chokers?

What all the Texas fans need to be concerned with is why have you only won 1 in those 9 years?

There have been numerous opportunities where Texas was either in the Big 12 Championship game, and heavy favorites and lost- or in the drivers seat late in the season to make it to the Big 12 Championship - and lost late to lose that opportunity.

Heck, by your own rational of being 2 sec away from winning the Big 12 this year - Texas is a combined total of less than 1 min away from being 0-3 in BCS games.

Yes - I look through Crimson Colored Glasses - but I am still very proud of what the Sooners have accomplished this decade, and want to congratulate them on another Big 12 Championship, and the opportunity to play for the National Championship. Loosing stinks - but better to play the game than to watch it.

Now, that being said - on to basketball - Cant wait till Monday Night.

There have been numerous opportunities where Texas was either in the Big 12 Championship game, and heavy favorites and lost- or in the drivers seat late in the season to make it to the Big 12 Championship - and lost late to lose that opportunity.

I agree with most of your post, but the part I quoted above doesn't apply to what happened this year. By all logic, Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech should be celebrating a tri-championship this year. Only the same stupid system that produces a mythical national champion every year allowed OU to claim an outright conference championship this year. Any one of those three teams would have beaten Missouri in the conference championship game had they been allowed to play.

I agree with most of your post, but the part I quoted above doesn't apply to what happened this year. By all logic, Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas Tech should be celebrating a tri-championship this year. Only the same stupid system that produces a mythical national champion every year allowed OU to claim an outright conference championship this year. Any one of those three teams would have beaten Missouri in the conference championship game had they been allowed to play.

Agree.

Amen!!

Ditto. And let us not forget the year OU lost the Big 12 Championship and still went to the NC game. That is the stuff that ticks me off. UT lost a close game to CO in the Big 12 title game and sat home(rightfully so). OU gets BLOWN OUT by K-State and STILL goes. It doesn't add up.

What all the Texas fans need to be concerned with is why have you only won 1 in those 9 years?

Heck, by your own rational of being 2 sec away from winning the Big 12 this year - Texas is a combined total of less than 1 min away from being 0-3 in BCS games.

don't want anyone to slam Chokelahoma but it's ok for you to slam Texas. i see.

you ought to be proud of Texas. if it wasn't for them where would OU get their athletes.

don't want anyone to slam Chokelahoma but it's ok for you to slam Texas. i see.

you ought to be proud of Texas. if it wasn't for them where would OU get their athletes.

Was not slamming Texas. Just stating that everyone down here seems more worried about teams they hate than the team they love.

People that live in glass houses should not throw rocks

But, how can you call a program that wins 6 Big 12 championships and has played in 7 in 9 years chokers?

Well to use your own words

1)lost last 5 BCS games

2)lost in National Championship game 3 times in a row now.

BIG GAME= CHOKE!

I was happy to see a competitive game lasting until the Gayturds gobbled last 3-4 minutes of clock. I really thought the land thieves were going to pull it out in the last quarter. OK was due for a BCS win.

Doomer Gloomer :( and coach POOTS still have a top 5 finish.

I would love to get the opinion of some people who actually live in Oklahoma. It is so hard to geet there, but sooner or later seems like you would win another one. I think I will have to watch the Oklahoma papers Sat. and Sun.

I am the one who started the Bob Stoops meet Mach Brown of 2000-2004

READ what I said

I said it is not fair but Stoops now has the same reputation that Brown did then...Where am I trashing OU or Stoops?

Fair or not, OU fans trashed Brown and said he could not win big games during that stretch and now UT fans and national media will do the same to Stoops and OU

but again I dont see where I trashed OU or Stoops, just was making an observation

Im sorry, but for all those that like to slam Oklahoma and Bob Stoops. You need to step back and look at the big picture. I just dont buy into it. All this "Choke"lahoma, and "Welcome to Mack Brown 2000-2004" that everyone seems to throw at OU every time they lose seems to be your way of trying to rationalize why Texas is not as good of a program as OU.

We call you choklahoma because you have choked in tha national championship 3 times in a row

:thumbsup:

Yes - I look through Crimson Colored Glasses - but I am still very proud of what the Sooners have accomplished this decade, and want to congratulate them on another Big 12 Championship, and the opportunity to play for the National Championship. Loosing stinks - but better to play the game than to watch it.

Now, that being said - on to basketball - Cant wait till Monday Night.

Nobody thinks OU's program ####. Most of us just think that all these polls seem to be partial to OU because of these "style points" they seem to always rack up, which is total B.S in my opinion. Here in the past ten years or so, OU wins are hard to come by, so when we actually beat them, we like to think it means something. As far as I'm concerned, they might as well have not even played this year. And another thing: How did USC slip in front of us? My god, these polls really seem to hate Mack Brown and the Longhorns. We lost to the #5 team in the nation at their house by a last second miracle play, and USC loses to an unranked team and somehow we slip behind them. These polls have it all wrong. Totally blinded by the huge number of points USC racks up to these second rate teams over there in the PAC-10. I'd love to see what USC's record would have been had they played in the Big 12 or the SEC.