Kennedale 0 - 3 Ennis

Kennedale 0 - 1 Terrell

Kennedale 1 - 0 Aledo

Girls

Kennedale 6 - 0 Amarillo Palo Duro

Kennedale 2 - 0 Ennis

Kennedale 0 - 1 Dallas Skyline

Kennedale 1 - 1 Aledo

Prosper girls are doing well also at this point. I don't remember all of their scores

Saturday, January 10th

Pittsburg 0, Kilgore 0

Pittsburg 0, Marshall 0

Palestine 2, Whitehouse 0

Palestine 2, Jacksonville 0

South Grand Prairie 4, Gainesville 0

Irving MacArthur 1, FW Carter-Riverside 0

Kennedale 1, Aledo 0

Athens 2, Mans. Timberview 0

Waxahachie 4, Alvarado 1

Prosper 2, FW Boswell 1

Argyle 1, WF Hirschi 0

Prosper 2, Argyle 1

FW Boswell 1, WF Hirschi 0

FW Diamond Hill-Jarvis 2, FW North Side 0

Abilene Wylie 6, Borger 1

Lubbock Monterey 3, Abilene Wylie 1

Abilene JV 2, Borger 1

Lucas Lovejoy 3, West Mesquite 0

Lucas Lovejoy 2, Lake Dallas 1

FYI-The scores I am posting are boys scores. Girls scores are welcome, as well. If you have any scores I am missing please let me know. I am sifting through the internet to find as many as I can. Thanks for the updates, Wildcats. Please keep up informed on how y'all are doing. Especially your tournaments the next two weeks.

Pleasant Grove won over Paris in a shootout.

The Hawks were down 3-0, but made a comeback in the second half, tying the game at 4 on a last-second breakaway.

The shoot-out went to the sixth round tied at 1-1. PG's keeper made the save, and then their shooter went around the Paris keeper for the winner.

Not the prettiest thing, but a "W".

Paris has good team play, passing and position were their strength. Good play in the penalty area, and their forwards are small, but fast. Good team defense made it a challenge for the Hawks to find the net.

A clean game, the ref's let them play a little, but nothing bad. Good dicipline on both sides.

Congrats to the Hawks.

Kennedale Girls 4 - 0 Fort Worth Southwest

Kennedale Boys 1 - 4 Fort Worth Southwest

I'll add the girls tournament into this thread and update it when I update the website starting Thursday. I'll do the same for the boys the following weekend as best I can. We'll be playing that Friday night in Athens so I may get a little behind.

Pleasant Grove won over Paris in a shootout.

The Hawks were down 3-0, but made a comeback in the second half, tying the game at 4 on a last-second breakaway.

The shoot-out went to the sixth round tied at 1-1. PG's keeper made the save, and then their shooter went around the Paris keeper for the winner.

Not the prettiest thing, but a "W".

Congrats to the Hawks.

Good play by Paris, but the Hawks didn't quit, and it paid off. That last breakaway with one second on the clock shows you can't let up on defense. Maybe they (Paris Def) were worn out, as PG played more on the second half on attack than in the first. Stayed onside more, better touches. Looks like conditioning was better, with only two subs for the game. The new keeper played big in the shootout, and had a pretty good game in net. The field conditions were not good, lots of slipping, but both teams had to deal with it. Not a lot of fouls, not many set plays, so most goals were earned from field play.

Paris did have good speed, but their passing really gave the Hawks fits early. Good first touch, and always had support around the ball. Lot of good give-and-go play, triangles around the ball, movement off the ball. In the end, PG just came back on willpower.

Team Kudos

1/8-10

Boys

Kennedale 0 - 3 Ennis

Kennedale 0 - 1 Terrell

Kennedale 1 - 0 Aledo

Girls

Kennedale 6 - 0 Amarillo Palo Duro

Kennedale 2 - 0 Ennis

Kennedale 0 - 1 Dallas Skyline

Kennedale 1 - 1 Aledo

Prosper girls are doing well also at this point. I don't remember all of their scores

The Prosper Girls are pretty excited about their start...They started at the Birdville Tourney with these scores...

1-1 tie vs. Cleburne, 2-0 Win vs. Arlington-Bowie, 1-1 tie vs. Cedar Hill

They also had an impressive win vs. WF-Hirshi last night...this weekend, they're off to Kennedale to face Lufkin - Hudson in the first round (anyone know anything about them???). They could also potentially match up against Paris North Lamar or Palestine in the later rounds. Then, they will be headed to Hallsville to play in that tourney at the end of Jan.

2009 Lady Kat Invitational

Kennedale, Texas

16 team 3A Tournament

THURSDAY, 1/15

KENNEDALE 12 - 0 FERRIS

HILLSBORO 1 - 3 WACO LA VEGA

KAUFMAN 2 - 3 ATHENS (SO)

WF HIRSCHI 0 - 5 EUSTACE

FERRIS 0 - 3 HILLSBORO

KENNEDALE 4 - 0 LA VEGA

KAUFMAN 3 - 0 HIRSCHI

ATHENS 0 - 1 EUSTACE

FRIDAY, 1/16

PROSPER 5 - 0 HUDSON

BORGER 1 - 4 NORTH LAMAR

PALESTINE 8 - 0 TEX. PG

ROBINSON 5 - 1 LORENA

HUDSON 0 - 3 BORGER

PROSPER 2 - 1 PARIS NORTH LAMAR

TEX PG 1 - 0 LORENA

PALESTINE 3 - 2 ROBINSON (SO)

KENNEDALE 3 - 0 EUSTACE - BRACKET A FINAL

SATURDAY, 1/17

Hillsboro 0 - 6 Kaufman

Borger 4 - 0 Tx PG

Prosper 7 - 0 Palestine

Ferris 1 - 1 Hudson

La Vega 0 - 6 Paris NL

WF Hirschi 1 - 1 Lorena

Athens 0 - 1 Robinson

Kaufman 3 - 2 Borger (Consolation)

Eustace 0 - 1 Palestine (3rd Place Game)

Kennedale 0 - 1 Prosper (Championship) - Shootout

The Prosper Girls are pretty excited about their start...They started at the Birdville Tourney with these scores...

1-1 tie vs. Cleburne, 2-0 Win vs. Arlington-Bowie, 1-1 tie vs. Cedar Hill

They also had an impressive win vs. WF-Hirshi last night...this weekend, they're off to Kennedale to face Lufkin - Hudson in the first round (anyone know anything about them???). They could also potentially match up against Paris North Lamar or Palestine in the later rounds. Then, they will be headed to Hallsville to play in that tourney at the end of Jan.

Hudson went 0-3 in the Palestine Girls Tournament. Lost to Diboll (1-0), Athens (6-0), and Palestine (2-0)

Hopefully this will not embarrass this girl or take away from the overall team play of Palestine but I just had to mention this.

I love #7 for the Palestine girls. I was amazed at her committment to her team and competitiveness tonight vs Robinson. This young lady was hit either by a knee or foot in her left eye. When I got out on the field to check on her it was obvious it was a serious injury. Her eye was nearly closed and she had a cut under her left eye. She sat out for maybe 8-10 minutes. Then in an amazing display of sucking it up and getting the job done she reentered the game to battle with her team. Palestine went on to win in a shootout. Maybe they would have anyway, who knows. I think she sent a clear message to her team that she is on board. You earned the respect of more than just your teammates tonight. I hope your not out long, if any.

You get my vote for Pride, Heart or whatever you call it!

Congratulations to Prosper, Lady Kat Invitational Champs. Prosper defeated Kennedale in a shootout.

It was a great game until the actual shootout. There were bad calls or no calls for both sides throughout but the referees clearly did not undersand the rules of the shootout. It's unfortunate and hard to swallow to have that game end the way it did. Neither team deserved to have that type of incompetence in that game.

Kennedale and Prosper will make some noise in their districts!

Congrats Coach Beck and the Lady Eagles

Congratulations to Prosper, Lady Kat Invitational Champs. Prosper defeated Kennedale in a shootout.

It was a great game until the actual shootout. There were bad calls or no calls for both sides throughout but the referees clearly did not undersand the rules of the shootout. It's unfortunate and hard to swallow to have that game end the way it did. Neither team deserved to have that type of incompetence in that game.

Kennedale and Prosper will make soem noise in their districts!

Congras Coach Beck and the Lady Eagles

Thanks Wildcats! Prosper did play well, but so did Kennedale. Your description of the game is accurate. The shootout was a debacle, and no one should lose in such a poorly orchestrated affair. The LadyKats are a solid team all around, and both teams should look forward to a rematch next year!

Good Luck to both teams, let's make a name for 3A soccer!!!

It is time for the UIL to get off their rears and let 3A (and few 2A) to have their own STATE CHAMPION!!

This sport is growing no matter what some people want and adding a 3A division would even expand this sport even more.

It is time for some of the Tasco Bigwigs to push this issue even more! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kennedale Wildcat 3A Invitational

Thursday - Saturday

Thursday, 1/22

Kennedale 3-0 Hillsboro

Lancaster 0-4 Prosper

Robinson 1-2 Princeton

Kaufman 2-0 La Vega

Hillsboro vs Lancaster - Hillsboro won not sure of score though

Kennedale 2-1 Prosper

Robinson 0-2 La Vega

Princeton vs Kaufman - Kaufman won not sure of score though

Friday, 1/23