5 Most overrated bands of all time?

Loftin74

Who do you think are the 5 most overrated bands of all time?

1.) Pink Floyd

2.) The Beatles

3.) Kiss

4.) The Rolling Stones

5.) Led Zeplin

I just don't like most of their stuff and I don't really know how anyone does

how much stuff have really listened to? Are you sure you know what "overrated" means? Do you even like music other than broadway showtunes??? I can understand not liking Pink Floyd if you only heard 1-2 songs 1-2 times. That's like saying I don't like beer because it tatses bad. It has an aquired tatse. Most critics consider them to be absolutely brilliant musicians.

Led Zepplin overrated? your face is overated. :smirk: just kidding.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know Love Gun

I rest my case ... :getlost:

The Rockets

Cool band -- they do a great cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well". The inboxes of all the major CD reissue labels are filled with my e-mails requesting that their first three LPs (Love Transfusion, The Rockets, No Ballads) be considered...

Do you even like music other than broadway showtunes???

I don't listen to showtunes and to prove this I will refer you to my myspace page to look at the music I listen to. lol

Look at my sig for the link

Who do you think are the 5 most overrated bands of all time?

1.) Pink Floyd

2.) The Beatles

3.) Kiss

4.) The Rolling Stones

5.) Led Zeplin

I just don't like most of their stuff and I don't really know how anyone does

Zeppelin overrated? I...I....I just don't have the words.

Loftin..you going to Banita Creek for the Back to School Bash on the 24th ? Your style of music is going to be played there

I've been living under a rock for the last month and I didn't know anything was going down over there.

If that Hellrod band you support is going to be playing there, I'll be there. Those guys are pretty dang good

I saw Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana and Boston on this thread.

Geez.

Mantle, yes you did.

It sounds like some people need to go retro, and listen to the music that formed theirs today. I'm not like my dad, where everything about music :censored: today. There are several bands, that I like today. When it comes to how great they are. I have an extended catalogue to listen to. Perhaps, they need to expand theirs as well.

Only one reference to Rush being overrated...not bad, so far.

Geddy "Wicked Witch Of The West" Lee's voice is overrated. Other than that, Rush is not over rated. Rush would have been better with a different vocalist. That's the only thing, I can say detrimental about Rush. I like Rush over many bands. I'm not saying Geddy should have been replaced. His voice is far superior to Don Henley or Glenn Frey.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Pop music

2. Emo

3. The genre known as "trip hop"

4. Rap/ Hip Hop

5. Hair bands

Oh but wait you wanted bands, my bad...

1. KISS - don't hate their music, but they don't have many great songs to be considered as highly as they are

2. The Doors - just not that great...

3. Grateful Dead - REALLY really...really hate this band

4. The Beatles - yea I said it

5. Metallica from the Black album on, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS!?!?!?!?!?!

Metallica wasn't born until 1981.

UBER BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything Metallica did up to and including the black album was great. Everything since has been a let down because they set their own bar too high way too early.

UBER BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything Metallica did up to and including the black album was great. Everything since has been a let down because they set their own bar too high way too early.

That and Lars sold out!

UBER BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're probably right. Metallica had some early losses that affected them as well. I understand that many bands can't get over the loss of a band mate much less two, one to what they felt was the overuse of alcohol and drugs, and the other to death of Cliff Burton.

Dave Mustaine wasn't "over the edge" in my opinion. He was close, but I like Megadeth as well. Dave Mustaine was cutting edge for Metallica, then they gave him his walking papers. Everything Mustaine said and did after the breakup was right on the money.

UBER BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't beat Master of Puppets.

And I enjoyed S&M, as well as Load.

Although I understand Load was a big change for them.