• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Chicago

Rush

Journey

Kiss

U2

After careful comparative consideration, I must amend my previous statement, I was quick to judge Rush too harshly. After comparing with other over rated bands, I have reconsidered Rush's placement on this list and replaced them with....well here is my updated list.

Van Halen

Chicago

Journey

U2

Kiss

After careful comparative consideration, I must amend my previous statement, I was quick to judge Rush too harshly. After comparing with other over rated bands, I have reconsidered Rush's placement on this list and replaced them with....well here is my updated list.

Van Halen

Chicago

Journey

U2

Kiss

Journey! you are crazy man!

As for KISS they only have about 3 songs I care to listen to anymore, but they are the band that got me hooked on rock.

I would say the same about anyone who lists The Beatles. I mean, come on.

The Beatles are the most overrated Rock-n-Roll Band of all time. They were the first, but nowhere near the best. In fact they couldn't play their instruments worth a ####. They had good vocals and great song-writing. A good band-not the best. Almost every list by the alleged experts has them #1 . The Kinks were a better band than the friggin Beatles.

Journey! you are crazy man!

As for KISS they only have about 3 songs I care to listen to anymore, but they are the band that got me hooked on rock.

Journey pretty much ####. Steve Perry was a great great singer, but man they he had lousy material to work with.

He is the only reason anything they did is listenable.

1. Rush (Except f/Modern Day Warrior)

2. Yes (Except f/ the Asia experience)

3. Duran Duran (No exceptions. Just Overrated)

4. Bowie (after Ziggy Stardust)

5. Z Z Topp (Except f/ Eliminator)

For all you who dont like Kiss & Led Zep...I'm thinkin you're under 32. Classic Kiss cant be beat. Love Gun, Rock & Roll Over, Double Platinum, etc...Anyway, I like'em.

I don't see how KISS, Journey, Rush, ZZ Top, or Chicago can be over-rated. None of them are in any Rock and Roll HOF. Why are they overrated ? I can understand why Camuch thinks Van Halen is overrated. I think that happened after Sammy joined the band with his imitations of David Lee Roth. Van Halen lost their edge when Eddie decided to part ways with DLR.

Fivehead, I'll disagree on The Doors. The Doors are still influencing bands around the globe. Jim wasn't a great singer, but he was a great writer. I can listen to every Doors album without skipping a song. John Densmore on drums, Robbie Krieger with his bottleneck guitar, and Ray Manzerek providing Bass with the Moog organ speaks volumes about how talented those guys are. They are true artists of American Blues.

I like SRV, but all he did was combine Clapton and Hendrix in his guitar style. Stevie was a great guitar player, but he was a cover artist, in many aspects. Is he overrated ?