Obama to allow gays to serve openly in the military

BluePirate

I would like to know why you "show no mercy."

Would you haze a black guy for the sole reason of being black in the military?

I understand it might have to do with religion or whatever (not that I know anything about religion or care to know)....but it's their choice. We're all about freedom here and there in this country. It's their choice to do with what they want to with their lives.

If they want to serve in the military so be it...and I don't think they should be hazed or discriminated against just for the sole reason of being gay.

You might not agree with that choice...but it's not your choice nor is it your problem. They're trying to live their life as happy as can be..just as you are.

Put up the race card buddy. That has no hold any more (well, to be precise, never did with me. But now especially)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think?? How about in reverse?? You don't think that just as much racism, if not more, is encountered by whites??? I am sorry, but the black person always being the victim is ####.

Racism will forever be here, no matter what color you are. Sexism will forever be here, no matter what sex you are.

People will always judge people before even talking to them. It's human nature. Every single human on this planet does it, and if they say they don't....they're just fooling themselves.

Would you haze a black guy for the sole reason of being black in the military?

Let's be clear on this. African Americans are an ethnicity. Homosexuals are not. Your arguement regarding same is weak, and totally off-base. If you believe the two to be mutually inclusive, then it is obvious you have fallen for the agenda of the homosexual movement to equate the two. If homosexuals can make people believe they are oppressed, then they can make their agenda an emotional issue.

BTW, I don't promote violence against anyone due to their ethnicity or sexual preference. But your analogy is not unlike comparing Cadillacs to goldfish.

Racism will forever be here, no matter what color you are. Sexism will forever be here, no matter what sex you are.

People will always judge people before even talking to them. It's human nature. Every single human on this planet does it, and if they say they don't....they're just fooling themselves.

Yet you said black. First thought that jumped to your mind??? Why not say Chinese, Mexican?? Hmm?? I think that black shall be always put to the front simply because they have been coddled for so long about how mistreated they have always been, but yet, they have almost more oppourtunities that any other race. Has anyone else heard of a minority scholarship for whites??? Or why is it ok for there to be an all-black fraternity, and not an all white one?? Probably cause the blacks would scream clan meeting.

And that is where we disagree, as I don't think it's a choice for most.

It is extrememly sad that you cannot see how something as unnatural as two men sleeping together is a choice. If everyone was entitled to act on their thoughts, desires, urges, or choices then nothing would be wrong. Under your rationalization a homocidal maniacs natural urges to kill other people should be ok because he has the urge to do so and choses to act on it. You cannot rationalize that c r a p to be right! That is a self defeating argument!

If you believe the two to be mutually inclusive, then it is obvious you have fallen for the agenda of the homosexual movement to equate the two. If homosexuals can make people believe they are oppressed, then they can make their agenda an emotional issue.

It's the same argument that people of disability have. It's the same argument women have.

I'm not even arguing the plan. All I wanted to know is why he shows no mercy to a group of individuals that live differently than him.

Maybe I shouldn't have use the race card into it..but it came to me as the same at the time I posted that. People 60 years ago would show no mercy and wouldn't tolerate living with a member of a different race...just like he said he would show no mercy and wouldn't tolerate an individual of a different sexuality.

I have no problem with any race, sexuality, sex, or any other thing. I still judge, yes, because I'm just as human as you are. I just don't see the problem with living life no matter who you encounter. If they're a good person, that's all that really matters to me and I see no problem with a person of a different sexuality or sexual preference fighting a war.

Yet you said black. First thought that jumped to your mind??? Why not say Chinese, Mexican?? Hmm?? I think that black shall be always put to the front simply because they have been coddled for so long about how mistreated they have always been, but yet, they have almost more oppourtunities that any other race. Has anyone else heard of a minority scholarship for whites??? Or why is it ok for there to be an all-black fraternity, and not an all white one?? Probably cause the blacks would scream clan meeting.

Yes...black is the first thing that hit my mind. God forbid I not use another race. This isn't anything to do with race, except a similar argument that I tried to bring up..from 60+ years ago.

It is extrememly sad that you cannot see how something as unnatural as two men sleeping together is a choice. If everyone was entitled to act on their thoughts, desires, urges, or choices then nothing would be wrong. Under your rationalization a homocidal maniacs natural urges to kill other people should be ok because he has the urge to do so and choses to act on it. You cannot rationalize that c r a p to be right! That is a self defeating argument!

I'm sorry..but when there are different ANIMALS showing homosexual genes, no matter what species, then I tend to believe that most don't have that choice.

Do you honest believe that a homosexual person would actually CHOOSE to like their same sex, with the risk of being beaten to death because this God awful society doesn't agree with it? With the risk of being completely disowned from his or her's family? It's nonsense to think that someone would actually want that added stress to their life, when they could easily go on with their daily lives being a straight individual and not having to worry about such things.

And where the hell does a maniac come into this talk? There are crazy people out there that need to be locked up and helped along the way. If you kill an individual, you need help. I have no idea where that came into play.

One of my best friends is gay and believe me...if he had the choice, he wouldn't be that way. It's not that hard to see. Maybe that's why I'm so non-caring what people do with their lives, I don't care. But to actually think someone would want to add to that stress of every day life is freakin non-sense.

LoboFan, I will assume you are not in the military. Neither am I. But I understand the problems having gay personnel serve can create, not only for themselves, but in terms of blackmail and coersion. If someone is gay and in the military, he/she had better be prepared to be outed, or threatened with outing. If not, the spectre of outing can be used as a tool to extort and, as I said, coerce.

Do I believe homosexuals can be patriotic? Yes. Do I think they can love America? Absolutely. But we are talking about national defense. Accomodating a group of people based on sexual preference should never be a part of our national security plan. And that is what this is, a plan by which to accomodate homosexuals.

We need soldiers, Marines, sailors. Not quotas.

I can't speak for Doc. I'll leave that for him. But he is, as we discuss this, deployed in the Middle East. I would suspect he sees how problematic having openly gay soldiers serving alongside heterosexual soldier can be. I would suspect he meant he would not offer special treatment for gays not offered straights, and not tolerate advances from same.

But as I said, he'll have to answer your question.

In anything that you or I do in life before we act we have to make the concious choice to act. Whether it be a thought, on impulse, urge, etc. As we all are different in different ways we have to make a choice as to how we will live and participate in society in every aspect of our lives. Your rationalization that the unnatural act of being gay is not a choice enables any other unnatural act to be acted on without accountability. Each and every person has randoms thoughts or urges during the day that if they acted on could dramatically alter their life. They have to chose to act or not act on those thoughts or urges. It is strange that with any other thought controlled behavior , except for being gay, people are expected to seek counseling or professional help. What makes gay so entitled over any other unnatural thought process. Any other unnatural sexual urge would be prosecuted once it becomes made public knowledge. Even if you want to claim it is a genetic issue, how do you explain any and all other genetic issues in which people live as normal lives as they can inspite of their problem.

Evidence is highly stacked against the rational that this is not a choice. Taking the attitude that to each is their own basically says that there is no right or wrong and that if they want to do whatever then it is fine with you! This passifist attitude is why America is stesdily slipping down the tubes on a greasy path!

In anything that you or I do in life before we act we have to make the concious choice to act. Whether it be a thought, on impulse, urge, etc. As we all are different in different ways we have to make a choice as to how we will live and participate in society in every aspect of our lives. Your rationalization that the unnatural act of being gay is not a choice enables any other unnatural act to be acted on without accountability. Each and every person has randoms thoughts or urges during the day that if they acted on could dramatically alter their life. They have to chose to act or not act on those thoughts or urges. It is strange that with any other thought controlled behavior , except for being gay, people are expected to seek counseling or professional help. What makes gay so entitled over any other unnatural thought process. Any other unnatural sexual urge would be prosecuted once it becomes made public knowledge. Even if you want to claim it is a genetic issue, how do you explain any and all other genetic issues in which people live as normal lives as they can inspite of their problem.

Evidence is highly stacked against the rational that this is not a choice. Taking the attitude that to each is their own basically says that there is no right or wrong and that if they want to do whatever then it is fine with you! This passifist attitude is why America is stesdily slipping down the tubes on a greasy path!

WRONG!! I was at my buddie's house the other day and his male dog was trying to hump my leg. Clearly, this dog was born gay.

Lobo, I was not aware that a homosexual gene had been isolated, please expound.

Not isolated per say...God knows if it happens, Christians everywhere would be wanting to eliminate it on the spot.

But it definitely is something you're born with. Probably one of the most popular articles on it...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15750604/

Comparing humans to animals is a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

And no, I don't. Some animals are even smart than some people around these parts.

Medman, I'm not going to try and change your mind on the issue (not that I was trying). But I still don't understand why someone would want to add that stress to their life when they "by choice" could just be free of it and not deal with it. Did you or I choose to be straight or were we just born that way? It's the same exact thing. It's natural to you...because that is what you are. It's exactly the same thing...with it being natural to them.

Our society (at least here in the South) is and has always leaned towards being against homosexuality. It's the redneck attitude that won't change most likely...which is pretty sad.

I'm done with this though. As I said, I'm not here to change your mind. I just see why East Texans..and well Southern Rednecks mostly, are so against accepting people for who they are instead of who they want them to be. I don't know what your spitting about all this maniac stuff, but no I'm not talking about them. There are people on here that need help. But I'm talking about the average person on this earth. People just trying to live their life. But God forbid someone actually be happy with who they are and what they are.

Not isolated per say...God knows if it happens, Christians everywhere would be wanting to eliminate it on the spot.

But it definitely is something you're born with. Probably one of the most popular articles on it...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15750604/

And no, I don't. Some animals are even smart than some people around these parts.

Medman, I'm not going to try and change your mind on the issue (not that I was trying). But I still don't understand why someone would want to add that stress to their life when they "by choice" could just be free of it and not deal with it. Did you or I choose to be straight or were we just born that way? It's the same exact thing. It's natural to you...because that is what you are. It's exactly the same thing...with it being natural to them.

Our society (at least here in the South) is and has always leaned towards being against homosexuality. It's the redneck attitude that won't change most likely...which is pretty sad.

I'm done with this though. As I said, I'm not here to change your mind. I just see why East Texans..and well Southern Rednecks mostly, are so against accepting people for who they are instead of who they want them to be. I don't know what your spitting about all this maniac stuff, but no I'm not talking about them. There are people on here that need help. But I'm talking about the average person on this earth. People just trying to live their life. But God forbid someone actually be happy with who they are and what they are.

The ol' Southern Rednecks insult. Nice :thumbsup: And what Yankee state are you from Mr. Sophisticated?

BTW, I haven't read any posts that said that gays shouldn't be allow to "live their life". This topic is about their role in the military, which you obviously have no understanding of.