"There's probably no god..."

Owensas

Christian refuses to drive athiest bus

Friday, January 16, 2009 atheistbus2_450x300.jpg

A bus in London with the slogan <h2 class="articlestandfirst">A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a vehicle which was plastered with an advert saying: "There's probably no God." </h2> Ron Heather, 62, told his bosses he was horrified at the atheist vehicle, before walking out of his shift.

He told the Daily Mail: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face. My first reaction was horror.

"I'd heard about this silly campaign in London but I had no idea it was coming to Southampton."

The First Bus vehicle was one of hundreds put on buses across the UK.

The £140,000 atheist advertising campaign features the slogan: "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

The fundraising drive was prompted by a suggestion from comedy writer Ariane Sherine, who received support from the British Humanist Association (BHA) and atheist campaigner Richard Dawkins.

Ms Sherine had objected to a set of Christian advertisements running on London buses in a piece written for the Guardian's The Comment is Free in June.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?...mp;in_page_id=2

interesting campaign, and another article talks about the possibility of it coming to America, thoughts?

interesting campaign, and another article talks about the possibility of it coming to America, thoughts?

The sign and the advertisers assume that Christians are not enjoying life. Couldn't be further from the truth so the sign in itself is irrelevant!

I wouldn't drive the bus either. It doesn't bother me if they want to waste their money. It seems like there are a lot more ways to use the money they spent on nothing. It's not going to change my world.

I know God exists, and watches over me. I enjoy life to the fullest. If someone questions that there is or isn't a God, I'm not worried about that either. This is no big whoop to me. Spend away heathens.

I wouldn't drive the bus either. It doesn't bother me if they want to waste their money. It seems like there are a lot more ways to use the money they spent on nothing. It's not going to change my world.

I know God exists, and watches over me. I enjoy life to the fullest. If someone questions that there is or isn't a God, I'm not worried about that either. This is no big whoop to me. Spend away heathens.

my thoughts exactly

Well if it said "Ala does not exist" then it would have already been blown up by now and there would have already been riots in the streets. Of course we know that these morons that put this on this bus would not want to tempt that fate.

Well, if it said Allah does not exist, I'd imagine not too much would be different.

Well, if it said Allah does not exist, I'd imagine not too much would be different.

Which proves you know nothing about Islam.

Ever heard of Salman Rushdie?

His fourth novel, The Satanic Verses was at the center of protests from Muslims in several countries. Some of the protests were violent and Rushdie faced death threats and a fatwā issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, then Supreme Leader of Iran. In response to the call for him to be killed, Rushdie spent nearly a decade largely underground, appearing in public only sporadically, but was outspoken on the fatwā's censoring effect on him as an author and the threat to freedom of expression it embodied.

Yeah, you're probably right. Nothing different.

Which proves you know nothing about Islam.

Ever heard of Salman Rushdie?

His fourth novel, The Satanic Verses was at the center of protests from Muslims in several countries. Some of the protests were violent and Rushdie faced death threats and a fatwā issued by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, then Supreme Leader of Iran. In response to the call for him to be killed, Rushdie spent nearly a decade largely underground, appearing in public only sporadically, but was outspoken on the fatwā's censoring effect on him as an author and the threat to freedom of expression it embodied.

Yeah, you're probably right. Nothing different.

I was reffering to the fact that Allah means God.

So it could be the same thing.

I understand reactions would be very different.

I was reffering to the fact that Allah means God.

So it could be the same thing.

I understand reactions would be very different.

But that's not what you said, thus my response.

And no, it couldn't be the same thing.

But that's not what you said, thus my response.

And no, it couldn't be the same thing.

Well I suppose it would all depend on how people saw the word "Allah."

I don't think it would get too violent in our country, but probably more so in a place like Iran or Iraq.

Well I suppose it would all depend on how people saw the word "Allah."

I don't think it would get too violent in our country, but probably more so in a place like Iran or Iraq.

Allah is, in today's society, the word used for the Islamic god. What might happen in America with signs decrying the existance of Allah is up for speculation. But the bombings in London just a few short years ago are clear evidence that Islamic extremists are present there and not afraid to strike.

Allah is, in today's society, the word used for the Islamic god. What might happen in America with signs decrying the existance of Allah is up for speculation. But the bombings in London just a few short years ago are clear evidence that Islamic extremists are present there and not afraid to strike.

This is true, but I think most Islams would be more violent towards Athiests than the general public.

Then, as I said, you don't know much about Islam. Muslims believe if you are not Muslim you are an infidel. Jew, Christian, atheist, whatever. Infidel.

Then, as I said, you don't know much about Islam. Muslims believe if you are not Muslim you are an infidel. Jew, Christian, atheist, whatever. Infidel.

Well then I'd imagine they are already quite #### at the rest of us.

This would just kindof fuel their fire.