Do we have a President?

BluePirate

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second he flubbed, then went on, I wondered to myself if it was official. Then Chris Wallace mentnioned it immediately after his speech.

Article II, Section I, Clause 8 of the COTUS say:

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Did he? And if he didn't, is he then our President?

Repeat

Does this gratify you?

The thread is legit, Corky. Your boy flubbed the oath. If you want to talk Auburn football, do so somewhere else!

IDK... You need to discuss something? You have a problem?

Roberts messed up the oath as well, CNN reported that they re-did the oath about 2 hours ago.

The statement was made by Med about they should end affirmative action and I responded to it. Bleeds commented and I responded to it as Auburn being an example of why I feel there is still some legitmimacy on affirmative action.

I don't have time to bicker like little kids. Let's speak about it as men if you want to turn it to that kind of argument.

What in the haaayeeeewll are you takling about?

That your acting like a brat because your trying to say I'm hijacking the thread when I was clearly responding to statements inside the topic.

Roberts messed up the oath as well, CNN reported that they re-did the oath about 2 hours ago.

The statement was made by Med about they should end affirmative action and I responded to it. Bleeds commented and I responded to it as Auburn being an example of why I feel there is still some legitmimacy on affirmative action.

I don't have time to bicker like little kids. Let's speak about it as men if you want to turn it to that kind of argument.

I see. So, you don't want to address a legitimate question? My question (Do we hire someone because he is black or because he is the best guy for the job, regardless of color?) is considered bickering? I think it's a good question. And one you don't like the answer to.

"...little kids..."

Nice. Your "Our Time" attitude came out quicker than I thought it would.

I see. So, you don't want to address a legitimate question? My question (Do we hire someone because he is black or because he is the best guy for the job, regardless of color?) is considered bickering? I think it's a good question. And one you don't like the answer to.

"...little kids..."

Nice. Your "Our Time" attitude came out quicker than I thought it would.

I answered you point blank; I flat out stated that as my example with Auburn, they hired a guy that had a 5-19 record as a HC at Iowa State and was the worst qualified candidate out of the group.

And there's a reason bleeds I quoted the box at blue and not you.

Apparently you guys have!

So he messed up. Get over it saints!

Translated: Constitution? We don't need no stinking Constitution.

Hey precious, the COTUS says "shall".

I answered you point blank; I flat out stated that as my example with Auburn, they hired a guy that had a 5-19 record as a HC at Iowa State and was the worst qualified candidate out of the group.

Tell me again how that fits in with your boy flubbing the oath?

Guest Sideliner

In his first full day in office, Obama touched upon many of the major issues facing his administration, and even carved out time to retake the oath of office.

The move was aimed at dispelling any confusion that might arise from Tuesday's oath, which Chief Justice John Roberts flubbed by mixing up the order of the words.

The do-over was also intended to erase any questions regarding the legitimacy of Obama's presidency, although per the Constitution, Obama became president at noon Tuesday without taking the oath.

In his first full day in office, Obama touched upon many of the major issues facing his administration, and even carved out time to retake the oath of office.

The move was aimed at dispelling any confusion that might arise from Tuesday's oath, which Chief Justice John Roberts flubbed by mixing up the order of the words.

The do-over was also intended to erase any questions regarding the legitimacy of Obama's presidency, although per the Constitution, Obama became president at noon Tuesday without taking the oath.

Roberts messed it up then he corrected it. After Roberts corrected the mistake, obama recited the incorrect version. :thumbsup:

Wrong. You might take the time to read the COTUS.

I'll save you some brain cells, since they seem to be in short supply:

Article II, Section I, Clause 8 of the COTUS says:

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I agree that there are parts of the country where there is no need for Affirmative Action.

However after watching the University of Auburn's coaching search, I came back to reality.

Alright big boy, I'm back from exile and loaded for bear. If you folks are so hell bent on everything being equal, let's just give you what you want. TRUE equality.

The American population is somewhere between 10 and 12% black. We'll go ahead and give you enough extra coaches at the college and pro levels to bring you up to this figure. However..........we're going to go right ahead and reduce the percentage of players in D-1 college football programs from around 50% to 12%, reduce the number of black pros from 69% to 12%, reduce the number of D-1 college baketball players from 58.9% to 12%, and NBA players from 78% to 12%.

I suspect that, if you had true equality forced upon you, you might not like it any more than I do.

Now, get back to the actual subject.

Alright big boy, I'm back from exile and loaded for bear. If you folks are so hell bent on everything being equal, let's just give you what you want. TRUE equality.

The American population is somewhere between 10 and 12% black. We'll go ahead and give you enough extra coaches at the college and pro levels to bring you up to this figure. However..........we're going to go right ahead and reduce the percentage of players in D-1 college football programs from around 50% to 12%, reduce the number of black pros from 69% to 12%, reduce the number of D-1 college baketball players from 58.9% to 12%, and NBA players from 78% to 12%.

I suspect that, if you had true equality forced upon you, you might not like it any more than I do.

Now, get back to the actual subject.

To paraphrase Ron White, "That'll shut 'im up." :thumbsbup:

BTW DLine, save the inevitable "But those are the best players." exclamation. If we're judging on ability to play and not color, why shouldn't we also judge on ability to coach/teach/lead and not color?