Do we have a President?

BluePirate

Alright big boy, I'm back from exile and loaded for bear. If you folks are so hell bent on everything being equal, let's just give you what you want. TRUE equality.

The American population is somewhere between 10 and 12% black. We'll go ahead and give you enough extra coaches at the college and pro levels to bring you up to this figure. However..........we're going to go right ahead and reduce the percentage of players in D-1 college football programs from around 50% to 12%, reduce the number of black pros from 69% to 12%, reduce the number of D-1 college baketball players from 58.9% to 12%, and NBA players from 78% to 12%.

I suspect that, if you had true equality forced upon you, you might not like it any more than I do.

Now, get back to the actual subject.

First and foremost, I posted on the subject, quit being lazy and go look up where I commented on the subject of our president, if out right necessary, I'll post the :censored: Affirmative Action myself. Second, I'm answering a reference into what another poster said that affirmative action should be dismantled since Obama was elected into the office.

The whole point of Auburn that a lot of you missed was that the WORST candidate was hired when there were better ones whether they were a minority or not!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To paraphrase Ron White, "That'll shut 'im up." :thumbsbup:

BTW DLine, save the inevitable "But those are the best players." exclamation. If we're judging on ability to play and not color, why shouldn't we also judge on ability to coach/teach/lead and not color?

bleeds, never try to read my mind in an argument.

Now I want you to be a general manager for my example. You have two resumes: Guy A has had great experience as an assistant manager for a number of chains but when he became a manager, he failed. Guy B has had manager experience and has made record profits at his last job.

Who do you take?

That's an opinion. Everybody has one and most of them stink.

Actually that's a fact. In comparision with all resumes, Chizik has the worst head coaching resume. As a DC at Auburn and UT, he was great

bleeds, never try to read my mind in an argument.

Now I want you to be a general manager for my example. You have two resumes: Guy A has had great experience as an assistant manager for a number of chains but when he became a manager, he failed. Guy B has had manager experience and has made record profits at his last job.

Who do you take?

I take the guy who best fits into my program. W/L's are rarely the only thing a team/school looks at when hiring a coach. If they were, very few coaches would have jobs, or be able to get jobs in the event they lost the ones they currently have.

BTW, nice dodge to Fivehead's comments.

The whole point of Auburn that a lot of you missed was that the WORST candidate was hired when there were better ones whether they were a minority or not!

As WildcatsRule said, that is your opinion. Obviously the folks at Auburn didn't agree with you because, as I said, they look at the package. They picked the guy who best fit.

Actually that's a fact. In comparision with all resumes, Chizik has the worst head coaching resume. As a DC at Auburn and UT, he was great

Heh. Turner Gil, the man you and Charles Barkley agree on, has a lifetime record of 15-23. Not really a big difference. Also Chizik has Auburn ties. He was there for 13-0. To say he was the WORST candidate is at the very least, close minded.

Heh. Turner Gil, the man you and Charles Barkley agree on, has a lifetime record of 15-23. Not really a big difference. Also Chizik has Auburn ties. He was there for 13-0. To say he was the WORST candidate is at the very least, close minded.

I'm not the only 1 on the Coach Huey boards that feels this way.

http://coachhuey.proboards42.com/index.cgi...6120&page=1

This is coming from coaches all around from Texas, Alabama, the North East, etc. Traditionally, coaching has been one of the most conserative professions in the nation.

bleeds, the ultimate decision came down to the President & AD of Auburn. If Chizik has a horrible stint, there will be three heads being wanted. For the record, I did not dodge Five's comments for the simple fact that I never talked about numbers and percentages. I was talking about the best man for the job.

Auburn is a major school in the major confrence. Gill coaches at a very small hole in the wall school. Auburn did better by getting a guy who knows what it is like to coach on the sidelines of a school like Auburn. Being a head coach at a major university is not just about x's and o's. This would not even be a story had loud mouth Charles Barley not played the race card that he is well known for playing.

Auburn is a major school in the major confrence. Gill coaches at a very small hole in the wall school. Auburn did better by getting a guy who knows what it is like to coach on the sidelines of a school like Auburn. Being a head coach at a major university is not just about x's and o's. This would not even be a story had loud mouth Charles Barley not played the race card that he is well known for playing.

Agree. Auburn hired a coach who has a record of success at their school, and who they feel comfortable with. They had no obligation to hire Gill simply because he's the black flavor of the month. Barkley is a loudmouth fool, who most recently blew a .14 on a breathalizer test. I think he's got bigger things to worry about than who Auburn hires as football coach.

For the record, I did not dodge Five's comments for the simple fact that I never talked about numbers and percentages. I was talking about the best man for the job.

For the record, you did dodge, and continue to dodge Fivehead's numbers comparisons. You can find reasons to not address the disparity in the numbers of African Americans in the ranks of the players as opposed to the coaches 'til the cows come home. But the fact is, the numbers of players far outpace the national percentages.

I want to know what that is okay, but being a few shy on coaches is not.

Double standard. And your are afraid to address it because you can't make a valid arguement. So you dodge.

Chicken.

I know two other Presidents who had to retake the oath...I dont know if they did without a bible or not

Mr. Obama flubbed it on the Lincoln Bible. But when it came to retaking it, repeating the words required by the COTUS, he did it with no Bible. Might as well have done it on a Marvel Comic.

Mr. Obama flubbed it on the Lincoln Bible. But when it came to retaking it, repeating the words required by the COTUS, he did it with no Bible. Might as well have done it on a Marvel Comic.

lol yea I know, I just wonder if the other two did both with the bible or only one with the bible

No national media camera's the second time...all show!

For the record, you did dodge, and continue to dodge Fivehead's numbers comparisons. You can find reasons to not address the disparity in the numbers of African Americans in the ranks of the players as opposed to the coaches 'til the cows come home. But the fact is, the numbers of players far outpace the national percentages.

I want to know what that is okay, but being a few shy on coaches is not.

Double standard. And your are afraid to address it because you can't make a valid arguement. So you dodge.

Chicken.

Well I like to point to you guys.

The X's and O's argument with Gill is invalid. Gill turned one of the worst programs in D-1A into a team that won the MAC. For Buffalo, that's like winning the BCS championship.

2nd bleeds, Gill is highly qualified. I didn't say as a whole that we needed more black head coaches because there aren't a lot of black COORDINATORS. Hope that addresses the

3rd, you dodged the link I posted earlier that talked about this subject as a whole with COACHES that know the ins and outs of the job and a few guys from AUBURN posted.

Finally, Sorry it took so long to respond. I attended my aunt's funeral in Dallas due to she died from cancer in her uterus.

----------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. CAPTTIGER, This story became huge the moment Turner Gill won the MAC and became the hot coach. He was already setting the fire when he got Buffalo to being bowl elligible with their athletes.

One last thing bleeds..

If you want to call me Chicken, be a MAN and say to me face to face and not behind a computer screen.

I respect you as a member of this board and for what you do for your profession but, I will not hesitate and call you out on that bull :censored:.

Well I like to point to you guys.

The X's and O's argument with Gill is invalid. Gill turned one of the worst programs in D-1A into a team that won the MAC. For Buffalo, that's like winning the BCS championship.

2nd bleeds, Gill is highly qualified. I didn't say as a whole that we needed more black head coaches because there aren't a lot of black COORDINATORS. Hope that addresses the

3rd, you dodged the link I posted earlier that talked about this subject as a whole with COACHES that know the ins and outs of the job and a few guys from AUBURN posted.

Finally, Sorry it took so long to respond. I attended my aunt's funeral in Dallas due to she died from cancer in her uterus.

----------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. CAPTTIGER, This story became huge the moment Turner Gill won the MAC and became the hot coach. He was already setting the fire when he got Buffalo to being bowl elligible with their athletes.

What in the haaayeeeewll does this drivel have to do with this failed administration!?

One last thing bleeds..

If you want to call me Chicken, be a MAN and say to me face to face and not behind a computer screen.

I respect you as a member of this board and for what you do for your profession but, I will not hesitate and call you out on that bull :censored: .

You are the one full of it.

What in the haaayeeeewll does this drivel have to do with this failed administration!?

Go back and read all the posts.

As far as Obama... I have huge huge problem with the soon to be government funding of abortion clinics heck even my mom is beginning to think he's fake.