Legislator has bill to move Basketball Championship

sackem

Austin is good with me but if it takes moving it to get the seating Changed so be it.

The School playing should be given so many seats FRONT and CENTER COURT.

These seats can be completely empted after each game and the next scholl be let in.

Austin is good with me but if it takes moving it to get the seating Changed so be it.

The School playing should be given so many seats FRONT and CENTER COURT.

These seats can be completely empted after each game and the next scholl be let in.

The UIL State Basketball Championships should be kept in Austin. The Erwin Center is a place that every high school basketball player and coach dreams of playing and coaching. The only thing I would suggest is that the UIL figure out how to keep the premium seats out of the reach of the ticket scalpers. It is awfully funny how the lower section that is reserved for coaches and administrators some how gets into the hands of the scalpers.

Just wait until it's time for the Valley or El Paso to get THEIR turn in the rotation and see how much you want it moved....Austin is a good central location and all UIL championships that are currently held there should remain there.

ok...Texarkana and Brownsville too? Come on!?!?!

How about Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin?

Austin is centrally located, it's also congested, horrible parking, and the UIL folks need a shake up.

How about a bidding process? What city wants the revenue?

Can't we even consider it?

The UIL State Basketball Championships should be kept in Austin. The Erwin Center is a place that every high school basketball player and coach dreams of playing and coaching.

Over the AAC or the Toyota Center?

Give me the AAC!!!

Give me the AAC!!!

I agree!! The liberals though want to keep it in Austin and all the traffic congestion. I have been for the past 18 years and it is getting old. I would like to go somewhere else.

I don't really like the thought of a high school state championship game being played in an NBA arena, and there's no feasible college arena in Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio. And is the parking and traffic really that much better in the other big cities? I'm for a rotation but I can't think of one I would like.

Why then do not all the sports hold their championships in one place? If the city of Austin would reinstate the transit buses that they had 3 years ago it would not be a problem. There are people who can not walk for that there are not accomodations made for them.

The getting to and from should be changed.

Give me the AAC!!!

OBTS.....let me show you how objective I am.

POSITIVES for the AAC: - Adequate parking, great arena, Lots to do in Dallas. Plenty of motels and hotels in close proximity to AAC.

NEGATIVES: Seating is limited compared to the Erwin Center. It is not centrally located and would probably draw less people. It is not the University of the Texas which is where kids and coaches want to be the 1st and 2nd week in March.

Surely you are not suggesting that the Erwin Center seats more than the AAC are you? It is time to move from Austin. Let's get real. Not every kid DREAMS of playing in the Erwin Center, although I would expect a Horn homer to say that. There are plenty of good venues......San Antonio, Houston, Waco, Ft. Worth, Lubbock, El Paso (maybe a tad far). The Erwin Center is dated much like the dump, Disch Faulk. Why do you think the baseball has moved to Round Rock? I would think a HS player would much rather play on the same floor as the Spurs, Rockets, or Mavs.

Surely you are not suggesting that the Erwin Center seats more than the AAC are you? It is time to move from Austin. Let's get real. Not every kid DREAMS of playing in the Erwin Center, although I would expect a Horn homer to say that. There are plenty of good venues......San Antonio, Houston, Waco, Ft. Worth, Lubbock, El Paso (maybe a tad far). The Erwin Center is dated much like the dump, Disch Faulk. Why do you think the baseball has moved to Round Rock? I would think a HS player would much rather play on the same floor as the Spurs, Rockets, or Mavs.

You have got to be kidding!!!! First of all, YES...the Erwin Center seats more than the AAC. Go the building specifications and see for yourself. It does not however hold more than the Alamodome or The Toyota Center or even Reliant when it is set up for basketball. And Horn Homer??? When have you ever seem me homer for the Horns on here? I can tell you as well as everybody else that knows me.....NEVER! Go on the Big XII board and read all of my posts relating to Texas. I call a spade a spade. My head is not in the sand and I don't drink the cool aid regardless of what color it is.

The two reasons that baseball was moved to Round Rock was due to starters for ease of scheduling and the renovations that have been going on at the Disch. The other reason is in case of inclement weather, you still have another field.

The two reasons that baseball was moved to Round Rock was due to starters for ease of scheduling and the renovations that have been going on at the Disch. The other reason is in case of inclement weather, you still have another field.

In other words, a dump, with no drainage, and no parking! (just playing with you!)

It's time to move! Maybe even 2 sites a smaller one for the girls