Border City Shoot-Out

futfan

Play begins in Texarkana Thursday at 10 AM.

Bracket 1: Liberty Eylau, Sulphur Springs, and Henderson

Bracket 2: Texas High, Paris, and Longview

Bracket 3: Pleasant Grove, Marshall, and Kennedale

Bracket 4: Hallsville, North Lamar, and Whitehouse

Winners of Brackets play in Semis Friday, and Finals Saturday.

Runners-up play in a similar format against each other, as do third place in bracket.

JV teams:

Sulphur Springs, Marshall; Liberty Eylau, Paris; Pleasant Grove, North Lamar; Texas High, Hallsville.

Play begins Friday at 10 AM. Winners of first round play, winners play for 1-2. Losers of first round play, winning here plays for 5th-6th. Everyone plays 3 games.

Good Luck, and safe travel to all.

Shootout2009Varsity.pdf

Shootout2009JV.pdf

does this mean you're going to try and keep us informed with the scores or will someone update a web site...

my picks in the brackets are 1--SulphurSprings, 2--Longview, 3--Marshall, only cause I haven't see Kennedale,but they are suppose to be good, 4--is close to a toss up, but I'll say Whitehouse.

With Longview being the favorite for the whole enchilada.

Girls side is bracket play

LE vs Hallsville

Texas High vs Marshall

Paris vs PG

Kennedale vs Mt. Pleasant

I'll update varsity boys and girls scores as I know them on this site when I get to the hotel each day. Hopefully there will be information on each tournament at all 3 sites so people can figure out the results of each game.

Is this a girls and boys tournament? and if so who all is on the girls side

Boys Var, Girls var, Boys JV. I just posted the girls bracket a few post up.

Unless I'm looking at the layout wrong, if kennedale makes it out of their pool then they would face the winner of the Lview pool in the semis so a Kennedale vs Lview championship is impossible.

Girls side is bracket play

LE vs Hallsville

Texas High vs Marshall

Paris vs PG

Kennedale vs Mt. Pleasant

I'll update varsity boys and girls scores as I know them on this site when I get to the hotel each day. Hopefully there will be information on each tournament at all 3 sites so people can figure out the results of each game.

thanks, they didn't at pinetree that i could find, appreciated 12fan for posting what they did. Looks like the weather is going to be in the fifties and sunny. should be nice.

longviews varsity or jv?

I'm not so sure anymore. It may be the JV playing in the varsity tournament. The LISD web site shows the JV as being in this tournament and the Varsity playing Tyler(i'm assuming JT) saturday at TJC. And the Longview JV is not shown under the JV tournament schedule.

does this mean you're going to try and keep us informed with the scores or will someone update a web site...

my picks in the brackets are 1--SulphurSprings, 2--Longview, 3--Marshall, only cause I haven't see Kennedale,but they are suppose to be good, 4--is close to a toss up, but I'll say Whitehouse.

I'll post scores that I know, but I'm not directly involved. If wildcat doesn't have it, maybe I can get it from SoccerCoach41.

Was there much rain/ice in Texarkana the last few days?

The rain stopped right before the freeze, but there was a thin layer of ice on the leaves and ground. It is still wet, any games played now would be messy. It should dry out some before gametime. All 3 fields are grass.

[

I'm changing my mind if it's longview's jv and say the favorite should be SS according to preseason rankings, (if you believe them) but they looked awful at Pinetree tournament, don't know if they were missing anyone or just had a bad weekend, but I'm going to say the favorite will be whoever wins Bracket 3, Kennedale or Marshall. Marshall played well last week at Pinetree but i think they gave up after they didn't make the semi's, consequently giving Chappell Hill third place last week. I'm not sold on Whitehouse, never know if they'll show up to play.

Kennedale Boys 4 - 5 Marshall (regulation)

Kennedale Girls 11 - 0 Mt Pleasant JV

Kennedale Boys are playing PG now. I'll try to find out more boys scores when I see the boys coach. There wasn't info posted anywhere.

Girls side

Hallsville 14 - 0 LE

Texas High beat Marshall - not sure of score

Not sure about Paris and PG game

Hallsville vs TH tomorrow (noon I think)

Kennedale vs PG/Paris tomorrow night at 8:00

Fields are wet but have held up pretty good all things considering.

Kennedale 2, PG 0

Longview 2, Texas High 1

Texas High beat Paris 1-0, and Paris beat Longview about 4-2, so scores will tell by tiebreaker.

I guess it'll be Paris, Texas, and Longview if by Goal differential. If Shutouts count first, THS, then Paris.

Marshal, Kennedale, the PG in group 3

PG girls played THS JV, won 6-0.

Varsity Boys

Pool 1

LE-2 Sulphur Springs-4

Sulphur -0 Henderson-7

Henderson-7 LE-0

Pool 2

P.G. -1 Marshall-5

Marshall-5 Kennedale-4

Kennedale -2 P.G.-0

Pool 3

Texas High-1 Paris-0

Paris-5 Longview-3

Longview-2 Texas High-1

Pool 4

Hallsville-0 North Lamar-2

North Lamar-2 Whitehouse-1

Whitehouse vs Hallsville (late)

Girls Play

LE-0 Hallsville-14

Texas High beat Marshall (not sure the score)

PG- 6 Texas High JV-0

Kennedale-11 Mount Pleasant JV-0

Friday's games

Winners Bracket

Henderson vs North Lamar @ PG 6pm

Texas High vs Marshall @Texas High 6pm

Runner up Bracket

Sulphur vs (Hallsville or Whitehouse) @ Texas High 4pm

Paris vs Kennedale @PG 8pm

3rd in Brackets

LE vs (Hallsville or Whitehouse) @LE 6pm

Longview vs PG @LE 8pm

Girls Games

LE vs Marshall @LE 4pm

Paris JV vs Mt Pleasant JV @PG noon

Hallsville vs Texas High @ LE noon

PG vs Kennedale @Texas High 8pm

And a bunch of JV boys (8) games!!!

One small note, THS JV will play in place of Paris at noon @PG

Girls Games

LE vs Marshall @LE 4pm

THS JV vs Mt Pleasant JV @PG noon

Hallsville vs Texas High @ LE noon

PG vs Kennedale @Texas High 8pm

3 boys games are underway in JV !

I think if the teams present were all Varsity, you would've been better. It looks like Sulphur Springs, Longview, and Kennedale brought their JV squads for the Varsity division.

The scores seem to reflect that.

Henderson should win vs N Lamar, Marshall will find THS tough, but may win.

I think Kennedale vs Paris to be a toss-up, depending on if Paris brings it's passing game. Nod to Kennedale JV if not.

SS jv versus WH? or Hallsville...???

PG vs Longview JV : Hawks need to play their game, get their passing back. Tough when trying new positions.

LE vs WH Hallsville???

This is the problem with some of these tournaments, tiger19 asked the question (in another thread) about who Lindale has played, alluding to the point they haven't played alot of tournaments, i.e. not very many games, and to which was better for a team. Well, you send your varsity squad thinking everyone else is and come to find out your playing their JV, good for the JV, but how does it help your team beating JV teams 7,8,9, or whatever to nothing. I would take less games with high quality competition as opposed to many games against lessor teams and also, the risk of injury is always the there, even against lessor teams.(possibly even greater).

Varsity Boys

Pool 4

Hallsville-0 North Lamar-2

North Lamar-2 Whitehouse-1

Whitehouse -2 Hallsville-3

Friday's games

Winners Bracket

Henderson vs North Lamar @ PG 6pm

Texas High vs Marshall @Texas High 6pm

Runner up Bracket

Sulphur vs Hallsville @ Texas High 4pm

Paris vs Kennedale @PG 8pm

3rd in Brackets

LE vs Whitehouse @LE 6pm

Longview vs PG @LE 8pm

PG JV over North Lamar in Shootout. Tied 1-1 in reg, went to sixth shooter.

This is the problem with some of these tournaments, tiger19 asked the question (in another thread) about who Lindale has played, alluding to the point they haven't played alot of tournaments, i.e. not very many games, and to which was better for a team. Well, you send your varsity squad thinking everyone else is and come to find out your playing their JV, good for the JV, but how does it help your team beating JV teams 7,8,9, or whatever to nothing. I would take less games with high quality competition as opposed to many games against lessor teams and also, the risk of injury is always the there, even against lessor teams.(possibly even greater).

The tournaments should allow teams to send their JV, but I think you're right, they should play JV. Not fair to teams sending varsity, expecting varsity competition. I would think they would be within their rights to pull out and find another venue if it were not made clear beforehand.

If they come with the understanding that it may be mixed, their choice.

If the varsity brackets want more teams just to have bigger brackets, they may need to adjust the brackets. Keep Quality versus Quantity.

Otherwise, next year, some teams may not choose to return.