Sulphur Springs Wildcats Baseball

ibleedblueandgold

hmm t-high has the top pitching

hallsville has the top hitting

should be interesting one way or another!

that said, there really isnt an arguement for any of the other teams over t-high or hallsville (that i see - a lot can change btwn now and district - players getting hurt/getting better, grades, etc)

also, why in the world is everyone bashing 2A baseball? its not like its city league 10 year olds out there...i played 2A when i was in high school and why i am not going to say it was better than 4A or 5A schools, on a 1 to 10 scale if 4A is a 7 its not like 2A is a 1...

also, pretty much every "good" player (1A-5A) that plays any kind of select is seeing good competeition out there, to say otherwise is kind of dumb - this is somethign that has changed since i was in high school as well

and if the all you can say about a player is that he had a "friendly pencil" that helped him hit .592 and he is from a 2A school...uh ok? is that all you can really say?

i mean i dont see anyone on here bashing some of the other area players who had "subpar" summer/offseaons, in fact they often get overlooked - let me put it this way if texas high's pitchers played for hooks instead of texas high would they be seen as being "worse" players because they played for a smaller school? same with basketball, is a player at 2A redwater (if he has the talent) going to be overlooked in favor of another player who is from 4A longview - say they play on the same AAU team and the redwater player is clearly better, isnt that going to be what is looked at? i mean i have yet to understand why you would bash a player based on where his FAMILY lives...

think maybe he brings some of it on himself by saying things like "this year I AM in yalls league... and I WILL walk all over yall...". best of luck to you with that, it will be fun to see how it plays out. just wondering, who did you sign with?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think maybe he brings some of it on himself by saying things like "this year I AM in yalls league... and I WILL walk all over yall...". best of luck to you with that, it will be fun to see how it plays out. just wondering, who did you sign with?

i understand that, but people blasted the transfer from day 1 on here...i just dont understand why the worst thing someone can say is "your played in 2A"' -- ive seen some really good 2A teams that could beat the majority of 4A teams out there. ive seen some 2A pitchers (and a handful of 1A pitchers) who could beat a good 4A team...

also, sign with?

(who do you think i am?)

either way... not going to talk smack... i just like hearing others opinions... so please fill me in, dont judge what i type or who you think i am... im just curious.

My district picks...

1. Hallsville ( strong pitching, strong bats, returns alot, and had a few all state and all east texas players. Skill positions are great and team depth is great)

2. Texas High( strong pitching, and?)

3. Pine Tree ( solid team year after year, 3-4 sounds low, but this district is LOADED)

4. SS/Marshall (SS has a good team year after year, along with marshall... i just dont see any other team fighting for 4th under the 4th spot)

5.(SS,Marshall)

6.MP( rebuilding, but return a few)

7.Longview( just dead in Lonview, i also hear their best player moved to hallsville)

Sulphur Springs scrimmages North Lamar at NL Friday 6 PM, two old 11-4A teams. How have the Wildcats looked in their other scrimmages? Pitching? Hitting? Who are your top pitchers?

We've already scrimmaged McKinney Boyd, Lindale, and Royse City. 2 of the 3 were playoff teams last year. I expect good results again vs. NL.

Regard our pitching, hitting, top pitchers, etc. Since we both play in Tyler on opening weekend, feel free to come over and watch. No need for us to share our "top secret weapons" with you on-line. Ha! :smirk:

You know...now that I've looked up last year's 4A tournament bracket, I'm really wondering where all this over-confidence from Hallsville is coming from. Their district went 0 for 3 in the playoffs last year. Forney beat Nac; SS beat Kilgore; Lindale beat Hallsville.

Sure they have everyone back and we (SS) lost a lot, but to be talking smack about T-High pitching is pretty big talk for a team that didn't make it past the first round of the playoffs last year and played in a weak district.

woah woah woah... LOST TO LINDALE?!??!

i was jus letting the trash talk go by but when i saw this all of hallsvilles talk about bein the best became invisible to me. no knock on lindale but SS beat lindale by a combined 21 runs the last 2 times they played them. hallsville couldnt even win a 1st round series against em.

so what i'm seeing is hallsville people thnk they will be the best team in the district because they return most of a team that got put out in the 1st round to a team that finished 3rd in our district behind guess who SULPHUR SPRINGS and TEXAS HIGH

i know sulphur springs' record doesn't look to pretty because of how terribly we played pre district last year but 5th?? and hallsville to win it???

WOW

I'll take the texas high and SS 1-2 finish again, hallsville 3rd maybe marshall 4th never seen em.

SS loses a good portion of last years team,but the guys coming up from jv are great ball players (undefeated 18-0 record) and i'd say we are better this year than last

texas high lost like one player from a top ten ranked team so until i see them beat i dont believe they will get beat

Hallsvilles JV also did very well.... saying our district was weak last year doesnt make since... i think our district just choked in the playoffs and didnt show up. I really think our teams were much better than a playoff round records... based on what happened last year isnt a good prediction to base off of....

woah woah woah... LOST TO LINDALE?!??!

i was jus letting the trash talk go by but when i saw this all of hallsvilles talk about bein the best became invisible to me. no knock on lindale but SS beat lindale by a combined 21 runs the last 2 times they played them. hallsville couldnt even win a 1st round series against em.

so what i'm seeing is hallsville people thnk they will be the best team in the district because they return most of a team that got put out in the 1st round to a team that finished 3rd in our district behind guess who SULPHUR SPRINGS and TEXAS HIGH

i know sulphur springs' record doesn't look to pretty because of how terribly we played pre district last year but 5th?? and hallsville to win it???

WOW

I'll take the texas high and SS 1-2 finish again, hallsville 3rd maybe marshall 4th never seen em.

SS loses a good portion of last years team,but the guys coming up from jv are great ball players (undefeated 18-0 record) and i'd say we are better this year than last

texas high lost like one player from a top ten ranked team so until i see them beat i dont believe they will get beat

SS will get smoked by Hallsville.

i'll believe that when i see it

BUT I WON'T SEE IT

If you open your eyes you will. :pinch:

SS always hits the ball good, I see them taking 3rd or 4th.

1st-2nd THS/Hallsville

3rd-4th Marshall/Sulphur Springs

Pitching being the biggest difference, THS's Heathcott should be back 100% by district.

2 questions

1) what did he do to get hurt (also good to see him back, nobody wants to see a player get hurt and miss his sr year)

2) who has he signed with?

1) injured his knee and had surgery, I think it was his left knee, how, not sure. My guess is football he was a linebacker for THS.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if the pros don't take him in the draft.

From what i have been told Turley and Heathcott both will be drafted. Both are receiving MLB info packets.

There were 8 or so major league scouts at a recent Paris Jr College game, the scout from San Francisco was very high on Heathcott...

1) injured his knee and had surgery, I think it was his left knee, how, not sure. My guess is football he was a linebacker for THS.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if the pros don't take him in the draft.

idk if this is right or not, but for some reason i keep hearing that slade heathcott is highly intrested in LSU.

and turley is intrested in baylor. idk may just be rumors?

idk if this is right or not, but for some reason i keep hearing that slade heathcott is highly intrested in LSU.

and turley is intrested in baylor. idk may just be rumors?

Not rumors. Last November Slade signed with LSU and Josh signed with Baylor. One will remain a Tiger, one will become a Bear, which is interesting. The latest polls have LSU at number 3 and Bayor at #6 in the nation- We could see these two go at each other one day! Also, Allday and Fant signed with Texarkana College and Dudley with the JC in Mt Pleasant. Congrats to these fine young men.

Not rumors. Last November Slade signed with LSU and Josh signed with Baylor. One will remain a Tiger, one will become a Bear, which is interesting. The latest polls have LSU at number 3 and Bayor at #6 in the nation- We could see these two go at each other one day! Also, Allday and Fant signed with Texarkana College and Dudley with the JC in Mt Pleasant. Congrats to these fine young men.

I knew for some reason about heathcott, wasnt quite sure on turley, thanks.

But yeah this districts rediculously loaded with talent, especially coming from the front runners.. Thigh, SS, H'ville.

• 1 month later...

WOW

STANDINGS

1st Texas High.........5-0, 13-5

2nd Hallsville...........4-1, 17-1

3rd Marshall.............3-2, 14-7

4th Pine Tree............2-3, 11-5

5th Sulphur Springs 2-3, 8-5

6th Longview...........2-4, 6-10

7th Mt. Pleasant.......0-5, 1-9

Sulphur Springs host Hallsville next Tuesday at 7.........thoughts? With a loss Tuesday to Hallsville, SS will need a outstanding second half to make the playoffs.........