District 31 4A Girls

RedRaider3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindale beats Eustace

Whitehouse beats Mabank

Athens vs. Chapel Hill (could go either way)

If Lindale is not healthy then I call a Upset special and Eustace beats them 1-0, Eustace has a good goalie.

Whitehouse over Mabank

Athens over Chapel Hill ( I expected more from Chapel Hill, from what I saw last year, but they just haven't got it going)

If Lindale is not healthy then I call a Upset special and Eustace beats them 1-0, Eustace has a good goalie.

Whitehouse over Mabank

Athens over Chapel Hill ( I expected more from Chapel Hill, from what I saw last year, but they just haven't got it going)

Ladies

Lindale - Eustace Lindale wins if #23 is back

Athens - Chapel Hill Athens

Whitehouse - Mabank Whitehouse

Men

Lindale - Eustace Lindale

Athens - Chapel Hill Chapel Hill

Whitehouse - Mabank Whitehouse

You have to take into consideration that Chapel Hill's mid-fielder, that was a dominant force last year, tore her ACL and is out for the season. If you watched them play last year and have followed them at all this season, they are running a different system of play. I also believe that there is a different coach this year.

You have to take into consideration that Chapel Hill's mid-fielder, that was a dominant force last year, tore her ACL and is out for the season. If you watched them play last year and have followed them at all this season, they are running a different system of play. I also believe that there is a different coach this year.

Chapel Hill still has the core group of girls (the Fab 5) from last year and they are performing well!! Their forward #4 has already scored 14 goals in the pre-district season and I assure you she will have more!! As far as a coach they really don't have an experienced soccer coach this season and the girls are working through all of the kinks that someone different and inexperienced can bring!! The captain and sweeper will be back in play next week and the 6' freshman goalie has done an awesome job this year so far, so don't count out the Lady Bulldogs just yet!!! :thumbsup:

District games kick off Friday.

The matchups are

Eustace v Lindale

Mabank v Whitehouse

Athens v Chapel Hill

How do you think these games and the season is going to play out

1st games' winners - Lindale (#23 is back), Whitehouse, CH. Season - Lindale, Whitehouse, CH, and then who knows.

Having seen both team play several times this season (Athens and Ch.Hill) the advantage goes to Athens. They tend to work the ball up the field a lot better than Ch. Hill. With that said, Athens has a hard time finishing.

Chapel Hill on the other hand plays VERY direct soccer. Boom the ball to #4 and hope that she can do something with it. Don't get me wrong, she is a fantastic player, but if a team contains her you really up your odds in beating the Lady Dogs. I know that she has already scored 14 goals this season, but how many has the rest of the team TOTAL scored??

Should be a great game and I can't wait to see it!!!!!!

Having seen both team play several times this season (Athens and Ch.Hill) the advantage goes to Athens. They tend to work the ball up the field a lot better than Ch. Hill. With that said, Athens has a hard time finishing.

Chapel Hill on the other hand plays VERY direct soccer. Boom the ball to #4 and hope that she can do something with it. Don't get me wrong, she is a fantastic player, but if a team contains her you really up your odds in beating the Lady Dogs. I know that she has already scored 14 goals this season, but how many has the rest of the team TOTAL scored??

Should be a great game and I can't wait to see it!!!!!!

CH #4 is not the only player that can score - they have a new forward and she is gaining experience! Watch out for her! :whome: One of their defensive players from last year - #7 - has really stepped up this season and seems to be controlling the midfield and assisting in the back. She made an AWESOME PK in Jacksonville! And watch out for this young ladies throw-ins!!! :happy65: They also have a Junior that has came out playing hard this season in the midfield - so between the young freshmen and sophmores - you may get more wins than you think!!

They will gain 2 additional experienced players within the next week from basketball and other areas - so DON'T count out the Ladies Dawgs just yet!

They have had a shaky start with new and inexperienced Coaches - but they have heart and the desire to get there!! Hats off to them for stepping up and helping out - the ladies may have been in serious straights had they not!!!

Good Luck Lady Bulldogs!!! :thumbsup:

Coach Steele, from last year, quit one week prior to school starting.

Not much time to recruit.

She abandoned the kids on the field and in the classroom.

CH girls have much talent - it just needs to be united.

Friday's Games

Lindale @ Chapel Hill

Eustace @ Mabank

Whitehouse @ Athens

What are your thoughts on these games. I say

Lindale over Chapel Hill, Lindale should have all there starters back and be a dominant force in the district

Eustace over Mabank

Whitehouse over Athens

Friday's Games

Lindale @ Chapel Hill

Eustace @ Mabank

Whitehouse @ Athens

What are your thoughts on these games. I say

Lindale over Chapel Hill, Lindale should have all there starters back and be a dominant force in the district

Eustace over Mabank

Whitehouse over Athens

Whitehouse beats Athens

Mabank over Eustance (coin toss for this one)

Lindale over Chapel Hill (Could be closer than everyone thinks. Talked to the AD in Lindale last night and the starters from basketball wont be available until next week. They play state ranked Longview for their first playoff game on Monday. So unless a HUGE upset occurs, they will join the team Tuesday for their game with Mabank.)