District 31 4A Girls

RedRaider3

Coach Steele, from last year, quit one week prior to school starting.

Not much time to recruit.

She abandoned the kids on the field and in the classroom.

CH girls have much talent - it just needs to be united.

Not too sure I would say that she ABANDONED the kids, considering she chose to start a family. I can assure you that it bothered Coach Steele to leave the program. The lady bulldogs do have SOME talent on their team, but the bottom line is without their stud mid they are not the same team!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you upper90 that the "stud" midfielder that you are referring to not being on the team this year has absolutely nothing to do with the way the team is playing or performing this season. We have a "STUD" at center midfield this season and she is doing a great job! All of the key players from last season except her are still on the team and working well but when you have a group of (at least 8) new players (some who have never played at this competitive level) and inexperienced coaches it will take more than pre season to get the team clicking! The girls are getting better each week and it is showing on the field.

Chapel Hill is a good team and I am sure that no one is counting them out of making a playoff run, but they have a tough stretch ahead of them with Lindale, whitehouse and Eustace Left on the schedule, so they are going to have to get things going in a hurry

We are all in agreement with that!!

I can assure you upper90 that the "stud" midfielder that you are referring to not being on the team this year has absolutely nothing to do with the way the team is playing or performing this season. We have a "STUD" at center midfield this season and she is doing a great job! All of the key players from last season except her are still on the team and working well but when you have a group of (at least 8) new players (some who have never played at this competitive level) and inexperienced coaches it will take more than pre season to get the team clicking! The girls are getting better each week and it is showing on the field.

Hey CFan, I am on YOUR side!! I truly believe that Ch. Hill will make the post season. You have to be honest with yourself, the player that is out due to injury made that team a lot better. That comment has NOTHING to do with the ability of this years players. As for the pre-season, it was longer this year than in years past. With only 10 District games, I hope that the ladies can get it going pretty quickly. I think they took the first step last night! Good luck to you on the rest of your season.

The coach quit one week prior to school starting. It was too late to find an experienced coach.

She had every opportunity to quit prior to July 31, 2008. She decided to wait until one week prior

to the start of school. That decision has hurt the students on the field and in the classroom.

eustace 0 Lindale 2

Eustace 0 WH 3

Mabank 0 CH 2

Mabank 0 WH 5

Eustace 1 Mabank 1 Mabank 2-1 in SO

Lindale over Mabank

Whitehouse over CH

Athens over Eustace

Lindale gets 3-4 starters back from basketball. May not be huge tonight but will this Friday when they play Whitehouse.

Whitehouse website reports that Whitehouse beat CH 3-0.

Current Standings

Lindale 4-0-0 12pts

Whitehouse 4-0-0 12pts

Eustace 1-2-1 4pts

Athens 1-3-0 3pts

Chapel Hill 1-3-0 3pts

Mabank 0-3-1 2pts

Fri. 2/20 games:

WH @ Lindale

CH @ Eustace

Mabank @ Athens

:thumbsup: AWESOME CHAPEL HILL BULLDOGS!!!

Boys - won their game 3-1! Couple of cards given to CH players - not sure they were deserved, but the boys took them and went on to win the GAME!!! Keep up the great foot work and passing! :smirk:

Girls - First half was played like a totally different team had taken the field. Passing, controlling the ball and making shots! No boom ball - just smooth passing! It was awesome to watch!!!!

The lineup seemed to be different and it REALLY worked!! Second half was a little dicey, seemed to lose the control of the first half, but you managed to score and the DEFENSE was plain AWESOME!!!

Ladies take that lineup and work it!!!

You have several tough games ahead, but with determination, TEAM work and HEART - You can make the playoffs!!! :happy65:

WE BELIEVE IN YOU BULLDOGS!!!