District 31 4A Girls

RedRaider3

CH girls did play a good first half, the passing looked very nice with several shots by #4. The Eustace girls looked like they were not ready to play for the first 20-30 minutes of the game and CH took advantage. The second half looked completely different. Eustace controlled the ball for the majority of the half. CH defense did a good job, but I would have to say that the 1 thing that kept Eustace out of the goal was the CH keeper. She did a great job, very well positioned, knew when to come out and challenge a ball and judged the ball in the air very well. I see this game being a battle the last game of the season with the winner making the playoffs and the loser sitting at home.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CH girls did play a good first half, the passing looked very nice with several shots by #4. The Eustace girls looked like they were not ready to play for the first 20-30 minutes of the game and CH took advantage. The second half looked completely different. Eustace controlled the ball for the majority of the half. CH defense did a good job, but I would have to say that the 1 thing that kept Eustace out of the goal was the CH keeper. She did a great job, very well positioned, knew when to come out and challenge a ball and judged the ball in the air very well. I see this game being a battle the last game of the season with the winner making the playoffs and the loser sitting at home.

:thumbsup: Well said Red Raider!! Great commentary on the game. Halie Vance our freshman goalkeeper did a great job as well as the rest of the team, CH played an awesome 1st half, but the 2nd half was ?????.

Eustace played a good game too but I feel their tempers got the best of them some and in turn so did some CH players!! I feel it will be a battle to the last game for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place in this district!! Unless something major happens I feel Lindale will surely take 1st!!

Current Standings

Lindale 4-0-1 14pts

Whitehouse 4-0-1 13pts

Chapel Hill 2-3-0 6pts

Eustace 1-3-1 4pts

Athens 1-3-0 3pts*

Mabank 0-3-1 2pts*

*Incomplete

Tues. 2/24 games:

Lindale @ Eustace

WH @ Mabank

Athens @ CH

Since Lindale beat Whitehouse in the shootout does this officially count as a loss or a tie in the scoring for Whitehouse in district? You show both teams with a tie. Just wondering?

Since Lindale beat Whitehouse in the shootout does this officially count as a loss or a tie in the scoring for Whitehouse in district? You show both teams with a tie. Just wondering?

It counts as a tie in the record, but in district point standings, the winner of a shootout gets 2 points and the loser gets 1 point.

I think that if a game is decided in the OT periods, then the winner gets all 3 points.

Lindale defeated Eustace 8-0

CH defeated Athens 1-0

WH defeated Mabank 5-0

Current Standings

Lindale 5-0-1 17 pts

Whitehouse 5-0-1 16 pts

Chapel Hill 3-3-0 9 pts

Mabank 1-4-1 5 pts

Eustace 1-4-1 4 pts

Athens 1-5-0 3 pts

Fri. 2/27 games:

Lindale @ Athens

Eustace @ WH

Mabank @ CH

On the Athen's side it looked like all the same players from the first meeting but the Chapel Hill team just looked much better as they got one back from injury and from basketball. Athens still has a good team and will play everybody tough just need to get the offense going as does Chapel HIll. Bulldogs just had trouble finishing scoring oppurtunities but they are getting better. Good luck to Athens and CH rest of season

I could see the Athens/Chapel Hill game being a close one, BUT what about losing to Eustace and Mabank??

Anyone know what's going on over there. I've had the pleasure of watching this team play and they shouldn't be at the bottom of that district!! Just my 2 cents.

Eustace has beat Athens twice already this year and Mabank can come out and play at any time. I will say I didn't expect that score in the Mabank game though.

Eustace has all of their best players on defense and looks to beat a team 1-0 or 2-1

Athens hasn't lost to anybody TWICE yet. The second half of the district sched. has just started.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Athens gets in as the 4th place team. I don't know what's going on but I know they have something there. They just need to find it again. No disrespect to Eustace or Mabank but Athens really gave us a game when we played and I know they have the ability to compete.

Who knows what will happen over the next 4 games. Best of luck to Athens, Eustace and Mabank in the fight for that final spot (I know they could still be higher but realistically I think that's what's going to happen).

CHDawg, What happened in the game? Was it as close as the score

Our sophomore stopper that we just got back from basketball was literally taken out and hurt and when we lost her our back line was pretty much gone!! She has all the speed and experience to protect our goal and is the leader of our defense and it killed us to lose her for the rest of the game!! We have no one on the bench that can match her and getting her back from basketball was one of the things that helped turn this team around!!!

When she hit the ground and was screaming the ref refused to stop play and the CH girls got distracted thinking he would stop play and that's when they scored and made it 1-1. CH scored first with an awesome corner kick from #4 and it was headed in by #9, that was in the first 10 min of the game and right at the half is when she was hurt so needless to say CH dominated the first half of play, and Mabank did the second half!! Their 2nd goal came in OT!!

Since we are off on Tuesday we are hoping our stopper will be able to be back on Friday if it is only a sprain, but if it's worse then IDK?? It is going to come down to the final game on the 13th to decide those last 2 spots for the playoffs!! CH has a lot of work to do to try to build up their defense and keep things going strong!! We'll see??

This is ONLY MY opinion but the 2 refs we had for that game were AWFUL!!!! I have NEVER seen so many missed calls in my life?? I hope we never have them again this season because the refereeing for this game was PITIFUL!!!

Our sophomore stopper that we just got back from basketball was literally taken out and hurt and when we lost her our back line was pretty much gone!! She has all the speed and experience to protect our goal and is the leader of our defense and it killed us to lose her for the rest of the game!! We have no one on the bench that can match her and getting her back from basketball was one of the things that helped turn this team around!!!

When she hit the ground and was screaming the ref refused to stop play and the CH girls got distracted thinking he would stop play and that's when they scored and made it 1-1. CH scored first with an awesome corner kick from #4 and it was headed in by #9, that was in the first 10 min of the game and right at the half is when she was hurt so needless to say CH dominated the first half of play, and Mabank did the second half!! Their 2nd goal came in OT!!

Since we are off on Tuesday we are hoping our stopper will be able to be back on Friday if it is only a sprain, but if it's worse then IDK?? It is going to come down to the final game on the 13th to decide those last 2 spots for the playoffs!! CH has a lot of work to do to try to build up their defense and keep things going strong!! We'll see??

This is ONLY MY opinion but the 2 refs we had for that game were AWFUL!!!! I have NEVER seen so many missed calls in my life?? I hope we never have them again this season because the refereeing for this game was PITIFUL!!!

Sorry to hear that someone was hurt - hope she makes a quick recovery. As for the refs being awful, there's a lot of that going around.