District 31 4A Girls

RedRaider3

Thank you opusnbill, we are also hoping that her injury is something that she can rehab through the week and be able to play in Lindale on Friday.

As far as the refereeing this season I think a whole lot of us are in agreement that it is leaving a bad taste in our mouths this season!! I have heard a lot of teams and not just CH say that they have had bad calling for their games win or lose!!

We will see you all on Friday!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recap:

Lindale defeated Athens 7-0

Mabank defeated CH 2-1(OT)

WH defeated Eustace 5-0

Current Standings

Lindale 6-0-1 20 pts*

Whitehouse 6-0-1 19 pts*

Chapel Hill 3-4-0 9 pts

Mabank 2-4-1 8 pts

Eustace 1-5-1 4 pts

Athens 1-6-0 3 pts

* Clinched Playoffs

Fri. 3/6 games:

CH @ Lindale

Athens @ WH

Mabank @ Eustace

Can someone post the remaining games for this district other than Lindale and Whitehouse (unless they play the bottom 4).

Biggest game this Friday is Mabank vs Eustace. Assuming WH beats Athens, a Mabank win clinches a playoff spot for them. MUST win for Eustace.

3/6 games:

CH @ Lindale

Athens @ WH

Mabank @ Eustace

3/10 Games:

Lindale vs. Mabank

WH vs. CH

Athens vs. Eustace

3/13 Games:

Lindale vs. WH

Athens vs. Mabank

Eustace vs. CH

Playoff Implications:

• WH and Lindale appear to have 1st and 2nd locked up (one way or the other). This will be decided on the last game.

• Mabank and CH appear to be in as well. They both control their own destinies. If they both win at least one more game, they should be in.

• Eustace and Athens both have very hard roads to get in. Athens will have to win out the rest of their games and Eustace would have to win 2 of 3 just to catch up to Mabank and CH. Eustace will also need for Mabank and/or CH to lose out the rest of their games too. Not impossible, but difficult.

You are right about who needs to win what to get into the playoffs, but I do not agree with who has the easier road

Mabank - Definitely has the easier route to the playoffs. Has to win one more game and has Eustace Lindale and Athens left on the schedule. Two of these games are winnable for them. The Eustace game ended in a tie and they beat Athens 4-2 last time around

Chapel Hill - Yes you are right CH only needs 1 more win and they are in, but the problem is they only have one more winnable game on thier schedule. They play Lindale, WH and Eustace. They beat Eustace 2-0, with a goal being scored with 2 min left in the game.

Eustace - Again you are right that Eustace needs 2 more wins to get in, but they have 3 winnable games left on the schedule with Mabank, Athens and CH. Eustace will more than likely have to beat CH to be in, so they need to beat Mabank or Athens and then The game between them and CH will be to decide who goes and who stays at home.

Athens - Athens has the hardest road, they do have to win out and with a game with WH on the schedule that is not likely. The only other way would be if Eustace Beat Mabank and then lost the rest and Athens beat Eustace and Mabank. That would put them in the 4th place spot by one point

All of these games were very close last time around and will be very close again. There is hardly anything that seperates these 4 teams from one another. Every team besides athens controlly thier own fate at this point and it will come down to the last game of the season I am sure.

All these teams still have a shot and Chapel HIll just has to win one game and there in, which they are capable of doing. Just according to which Chapel HIll shows up, the one that shut down Whitehouse for 50 min. or played Lindale tight or the one that showed up for the first Athens game or the Mabank game. They can play with anybody but have to put it together consistently. Mabank is improved and so is Eustace so we will just have to see. Should be interesting huh?

CH Lady Bulldogs have the ability to also beat Lindale and Whitehouse!! All of the starters will have to be healthy and give 100% and be there to play the game with no mistakes and no missed shots on goal!!! CH has what it takes they just have to want it bad enough!!!

CH Lady Bulldogs have the ability to also beat Lindale and Whitehouse!! All of the starters will have to be healthy and give 100% and be there to play the game with no mistakes and no missed shots on goal!!! CH has what it takes they just have to want it bad enough!!!

Don't want to rain on CH's parade, but there really isn't a ton of difference between them and the other 3. That said, they are the most talented of that group, but don't see them having the ability to beat either L or WH. I know the scores were close the first time CH played both, but L is nothing like it was at that time. I don't know how they played that close to WH, but WH is still the better team 9 times out of 10. Unfortunately, wanting it is not enough, either. There is a division in this district talentwise, and it shows in the standings.

Kinda agree with both but as far as talent I think its closer than you may think. As far as club girls from Spirit CH has atleast 4 or 5, however they are young and came from different teams. With one senior, 2 juniors and the rest freshman and sophmores starting they have to learn each other but the talent is definetly there to compete this year and for the next three. As far as Whitehouse, they know them well from Spirit and are not initimidated at all but just didnt finish the game like a veteran group. But anyway they should come together whether or not they make it we will see but good luck to all of them. Just another note, they are playing under new first year coaches and it takes time to learn the players and vice versa. Not an excuse but a valid reason for their inconsistency. They have come a long way from 3 years ago and I see no reason for the improvement to stop.

Kinda agree with both but as far as talent I think its closer than you may think. As far as club girls from Spirit CH has atleast 4 or 5, however they are young and came from different teams. With one senior, 2 juniors and the rest freshman and sophmores starting they have to learn each other but the talent is definetly there to compete this year and for the next three. As far as Whitehouse, they know them well from Spirit and are not initimidated at all but just didnt finish the game like a veteran group. But anyway they should come together whether or not they make it we will see but good luck to all of them. Just another note, they are playing under new first year coaches and it takes time to learn the players and vice versa. Not an excuse but a valid reason for their inconsistency. They have come a long way from 3 years ago and I see no reason for the improvement to stop.

I was only speaking of the present - CH should be at the top of the hill next year, as L loses a lot of seniors and WH loses several, as well. CH does have quite a bit of talent, but they are still in the group of 4 below the top 2 this year. I know about their coaching situation and, yes, that has had an impact.

CH doesn't have COACHES this year we have a teacher and secretary that stepped up so that CH could play this year, which we are very grateful they did, but this has a LOT to do with the inconsistencies with CH!!

CH doesn't have COACHES this year we have a teacher and secretary that stepped up so that CH could play this year, which we are very grateful they did, but this has a LOT to do with the inconsistencies with CH!!

You are correct.

Without this teacher the girls soccer program would have been suspended.

CHDawg,

Is your sweeper back and healthy for the game tomorrow? What was/is wrong with her

Unfortunately not, she will probably not be back until we play Eustace on the 13th!! She has a strained ligament and the coach and trainers don't want to push things. The next couple of games without her are going to be interesting needless to say!!

Lindale over CH 6-0

Mabank vs. Eustace-------->Anyone have a score???

WH defeated Athens 4-3

Current Standings

Lindale 7-0-1 23 pts*

Whitehouse 7-0-1 22 pts*

Chapel Hill 3-5-0 9 pts

Mabank 2-4-1 8 pts**

Eustace 1-5-1 4 pts**

Athens 1-7-0 3 pts

* Clinched Playoffs

** Incomplete

Tue. 3/10 games:

Lindale @ Mabank

WH @ CH

Athens @ Eustace

Somebody out there has to know the Eustace/Mabank score. That was a must win for Eustace. My assumption is that Mabank won since we haven't heard from RedRaider. That's just a guess since he's on here a lot and we haven't seen a score.

Not having seen the game between Athens and WH, I would have to guess that based on the score Athens played much better Friday night than they had been since game 1.

Somebody out there has to know the Eustace/Mabank score. That was a must win for Eustace. My assumption is that Mabank won since we haven't heard from RedRaider. That's just a guess since he's on here a lot and we haven't seen a score.

Not having seen the game between Athens and WH, I would have to guess that based on the score Athens played much better Friday night than they had been since game 1.

I was told that the score was Mabank 8 Eustace 0

Athens has Eustace and ?? remaining.

If Athens wins out and Chapel Hill loses to Eustace and WH then Athens and CH would be tied for 4th. I know Athens won 5-2 the 1st round but what was the differential in the 2 game between Athens and CH? If Athens has Eustace and Mabank left to play I wouldn't overlook that possibility after the score from Friday's game.

What was the 1st CH vs Eustace score? That 4th spot could be fun to watch play out.

Current Standings

Lindale 7-0-1 23 pts*

Whitehouse 7-0-1 22 pts*

Mabank 3-4-1 11 pts*

Chapel Hill 3-5-0 9 pts

Eustace 1-6-1 4 pts

Athens 1-7-0 3 pts

* Clinched Playoffs

Tue. 3/10 games:

Lindale @ Mabank

WH @ CH

Athens @ Eustace

Fri. 3/13 games:

Lindale @ WH

Athens @ Mabank

Eustace vs. CH

who plays who in the playoffs out of this district and pt district

Based on current standings and if the season were to end today, the bi-district pairings would be:

D 32 vs. D 31

Longview* vs. CH

Pine Tree* vs. Mabank*

Henderson* vs. Whitehouse*

Kilgore vs. Lindale*

* Clinched playoff spot

Wildcat

Athens has Eustace and Mabank left and the score between them and Chapel hill was 1-0 CH the second time around.

The Eustace CH score was 2-0 with Ch scoring with 2 min left. So it was a close game for most of the game

There are a ton of possibilities right now and most of them will be eliminated tonight one way or another. Either Athens or Eustace will be put out of the playoffs tonight