District 31 4A Girls

RedRaider3

I have always thought Lindale played very well. How many Club players do they have on their team? I heard they had 8 from ET Spirit.

The girls? No, they have 2, 1 who has played several years for ET Spirit, now Sting, and another (sophomore) who just began this last year playing with Sting. They had 2 club players their first year and have never had more than that since then.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls? No, they have 2, 1 who has played several years for ET Spirit, now Sting, and another (sophomore) who just began this last year playing with Sting. They had 2 club players their first year and have never had more than that since then.

They must have a great coach then because when I saw them play in 2008 they played like a club team.

They must have a great coach then because when I saw them play in 2008 they played like a club team.

They are now playing a lot like they did last year, having gotten their whole squad together and having played together as a full group for a few weeks. They are an athletic group of girls who are, in fact, well coached.

They are now playing a lot like they did last year, having gotten their whole squad together and having played together as a full group for a few weeks. They are an athletic group of girls who are, in fact, well coached.

My how things have changed!!

At the start of the year when Lindale was losing games and didn't have their whole team, they were blaming the COACH!!! Now that they are winning again, they are WELL COACHED. :thumbsup:

Fact of the matter is, they have some studs that are playing. Very athletic group of young ladies with a CM that most would kill to have.

My how things have changed!!

At the start of the year when Lindale was losing games and didn't have their whole team, they were blaming the COACH!!! Now that they are winning again, they are WELL COACHED. :thumbsup:

Fact of the matter is, they have some studs that are playing. Very athletic group of young ladies with a CM that most would kill to have.

All true. But, I think anyone who had even a smidgeon of knowledge of the Lindale team would have known they weren't at full strength back then. The coaching hasn't changed, and I certainly wasn't one of those trying to blame him for the early season losses, and I don't think more than a couple of folks were making that mistake. Again, most of us knew the early season would be a struggle, but that they would be pretty good when they had all their girls.

i think anyone could coach those girls and do well.

Really? I could not disagree more. Having coached girls for years in the past, to say anyone could "coach" a group of teenage girls, no matter their skill level, and do well is just plain wrong. There's a whole lot more going on than him just standing on the sidelines. He has on many occasions, both this year and last, made many tactical decisions (particularly in where to play folks) that turned out right on. Finally, it's a whole lot easier sitting in the stands to coach and to play the game.

Strange as it may be, I'm gonna have to take up for Coach Hicks a little. He's doin alright. They may have gotten off to a slow start, but he's pulling his team together, utilizing all his players and seems to be making an honest effort. Gotta give it to him.

There's no doubt that their first coach was a very knowledgeable coach and worked well with the girls. He passed on an ENTIRE team to his asst. coach!

As for the coach now, verdict is still out.

No, no, no. The first coach was not more knowledgeable than Coach Hicks. He did a fine job, as has Coach Hicks. The girls got off to a rough start because they were missing 4 starters and had another who was very sick. He didn't panic, knew they would struggle at the beginning, and has done a very good job staying the course and has won a 2nd District Championship.