Preserve Raptor Jobs Now

Guest bleeds

American Jobs, National Security, and Billions of Dollars at Stake

I urge Members of Congress and the new Administration to take immediate action to release funds already authorized to continue production of the world’s most advanced fighter aircraft, the F-22 Raptor. Keeping the production line of this model aerospace program open currently requires no additional taxpayer dollars, and is not a rescue or bailout. Rather, it will allow us to maintain a healthy program that delivers considerable economic benefit while providing our Air Force with appropriate numbers of the best fighter aircraft ever made. Production of this aircraft is in jeopardy—and with it more than 95,000 American jobs, over $12 billion in national economic activity, and the superiority of America’s Air Force.

The Department of Defense deferred the decision regarding continued Raptor production to the Obama Administration, and now, action must be taken to ensure Raptor development can continue without cost increases or the loss of specialized jobs. In order to continue production and advance our national military strategy, it is imperative that Congress take the following steps:

1) Urge the new Administration to direct the Department of Defense to release all $140 million in advance procurement funding for 20 aircraft, which will allow the program to continue at minimal cost.;

2) Urge the new Administration to preserve the only operational 5th generation fighter production line by certifying continued production, and then support that certification with full funding for F-22 production.

Potential adversaries are increasing their air defense capabilities, and the F-22 Raptor is essential to safeguarding America’s national security for decades to come. Additionally, the F-22 program is a reliable source of well-paying American jobs that will support greater domestic economic stability. Given the challenges we face at home and abroad, it is vital that the Obama Administration continue Raptor production, thereby preserving the program’s considerable economic and national security benefits.

Follow this link to send a message to Congress and to the POTUS to help keep America safe.

Preserve Raptor Jobs Now

American Jobs, National Security, and Billions of Dollars at Stake

Potential adversaries are increasing their air defense capabilities, and the F-22 Raptor is essential to safeguarding America’s national security for decades to come.

Then it's painfully obvious that this failed administration will end Raptor production.

I'll do anything to save raptors! Anything.

Gather the attention of all the writers in your office and sing "Hail State".

What is that? Is that the Mississippi State fight song or something? I wouldn't know, because nobody gives a #### about lowly Mississippi State.

Hehehe. I didn't think you would. :thumbsup:

Yea, but let's say you had a dinosaur. Wouldn't velociraptors discourage terrorists more than a plane? And by the way, there will still be planes even if they quit making this particular kind.

I mean a bunch of raptors roaming the streets of Gaza could probably nip that thing in the bud.

But we would need the planes to bomb the raptors back into extinction once they ate all the Palestinians.

You let the US Government start messing around with dino DNA and we'll have a worldwide Jurassic Park on our hands.

Guest CNOrtega

That actually isn't the worst idea. If we lived in fantasy funtime land. We could also send the Justice League to end the war on terror and Spidey could spin a web and snare Bin Laden.

But we would need the planes to bomb the raptors back into extinction once they ate all the Palestinians.

You let the US Government start messing around with dino DNA and we'll have a worldwide Jurassic Park on our hands.

I know, it'd be awesome.