Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

Guest bleeds

by Connie Hair

02/11/2009

Republicans have caught the Democrats in a midnight “stimulus” power play that seeks to cut Republican conferees out of the House-Senate negotiations to resolve a final version of the Obama “stimulus” package. Staff members from the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) met last night to put together the “stimulus” conference report.

They intend to attempt to shove this $1.3 trillion spending bill through in the dead of the night without Republican input so floor action can take place in both chambers on Thursday.

I spoke with House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence (R-Ind.) moments ago about this latest version of Democratic “bipartisanship.” Pence told me, “I think the American people deserve to know that legislation that would comprise an amount equal to the entire discretionary budget of the United States of America is being crafted without a single House Republican in the room.”

How many Senate RINOs will go along with this? Probably just enough for the Dems to get away with it. The House unanimously passed legislation last night that would require a 48 hour period wherein the legislation would be posted on the internet before a vote.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30667

Change is blowing in the wind. Tornado Pelosi, Hurricane Reid and blow-hard Barry Boy are gonna blow this country right down the tubes. These bunch of idiots plan to screw America and bleed it dry just like Saddam tried to do to Kuwait. They want to be dictators and abolish democracy in America.

Eventually the moderates who wasted their votes on the dumbest President ever elected in the history of the USA will get fed up and turn on the idiot BH Ohbamabao. Dumb butt Barry Boy will tick off the middle of the road voters. That combined with the caustic nature of Pelosi and Reid, the tables of the shoe licking democrats will be turned.

Cry me a river.

We shouldn't have made concessions to your people in the first place.

So, all this junk you've been spewing for the last two years about unity, etc., is just that, junk. I knew it all along. Just like your boy, you have no desire for unity.

You're so typical it hurts.

So, all this junk you've been spewing for the last two years about unity, etc., is just that, junk. I knew it all along. Just like your boy, you have no desire for unity.

You're so typical it hurts.

It'd be unified if ya'll just got on board.

I would rather have my fingernails and toenails ripped off, be drawn and quartered and have my entrails scattered down Hwy 69, than get on board! Is that clear enough?

Wow, just wow! I don't even know what to say -- RJ you have left me speechless and that does not happen very often. Although, I do agree with the sentiment (um, sorta)