whats the wierdest thing you seen in the woods

baseballfreak123

I watched a squirrel and a bobcat chase each other up and down a tree for about 30 minutes one time. The cat would run the squirrel all the way up to the thin branches and then come down. The squirrel would follow him down the tree and bark and flip his tail around in a circle at him. I think the squirrel was having fun but the bobcat was getting ticked off and would growl and hiss everytime the squirrel would come down the tree. I accidently scooted my foot and made a slight noise and the bobcat vanished before my eyes. I never saw him again. Sure wish I had a video camera that day.

I also saw a coyote and a rotweiler playing with each other in a pasture one time. They were acting like two puppies. The Rot finally mounted the coyote and started trying to breed her. I shot the coyote right out from under him. I don't need rotyotes running around our ranch.

Guest imyahuckleberry

Saw two coyotes copulating off in the distance. I thought about shooting the male but I didn't want to ruin his date.

Do unto others as you'd have them do to you.

Hunting a scrape line as a teenager, and had a group of wild dogs come by and each one of them went and #### in the scrapes!!!!! I was able to get two of the six by the way.

Sorry about that........ the #### stands for urinated

and yes it was DOGS not Hogs.

An emu would scare the heck out of me too if I came up on him in the dark. My dogs would probably beat me back to the truck too. I had a big bunch of turkeys bust out of their roost right as I was under the tree they were in. It souded like the whole woods was coming apart. I had a 6mnth old pup walking along with me and he literally jumped on my back. I don't know who it scared more, him or me.

The funny part was the dog spotted the emu first and came yelping back. When we hit the emu with the light all you could see was his body coming at you due to being unable to see the long skinny legs and neck at night. I didn't know what was going on but it didn't take my feet long to start moving. It was funny after we realized what it was.

Guest CNOrtega
I got into a grunting contest with a 4-point. That was pretty cool. It went on for over a minute, back and forth.

Better hope the Mrs. doesn't find out...

• 2 weeks later...
I watched a squirrel and a bobcat chase each other up and down a tree for about 30 minutes one time. The cat would run the squirrel all the way up to the thin branches and then come down. The squirrel would follow him down the tree and bark and flip his tail around in a circle at him. I think the squirrel was having fun but the bobcat was getting ticked off and would growl and hiss everytime the squirrel would come down the tree. I accidently scooted my foot and made a slight noise and the bobcat vanished before my eyes. I never saw him again. Sure wish I had a video camera that day.

I also saw a coyote and a rotweiler playing with each other in a pasture one time. They were acting like two puppies. The Rot finally mounted the coyote and started trying to breed her. I shot the coyote right out from under him. I don't need rotyotes running around our ranch.

I also have a bobcat story. I was fishing on Lake Fork and saw a bobcat dart out of the brush to the edge of the water (about 20ft) and grab a coot. He carried the coot still flapping back into the brush. Shortly after it disappeared, the coot came waddling back toward the water. Just as it reached the water, the bobcat darts back out and grabs it again. This went on for about 5 mins. with coot making another 2 runs for the water.

Finally the coot and the bobcat did not reappear.

I don't know if the cat was just playing with its food or if it was showing a youngster how to do it. Fun to watch anyway.

Many years ago hunting in the Felsenthal National wildlife refuge in Arkansas I was sitting in a tree and had another hunter come up about 50 yards away and took a dump right there. He never knew I was there. Needless to say it ended my hunting. I've often thought what would have happened if I'd fired a round off in the middle of one of his groans. Luckily I was upwind.

Guest imyahuckleberry
Deer hunting one day, saw a naked woman. She wasn't ugly either!!!!

... and what happened next? :rolleyes:

Deer hunting one day, saw a naked woman. She wasn't ugly either!!!!

I was stunned as well as my buddy with me! It was unbelievable. We watched her thru binoculars as she stripped.

Brother, if she was that good lookin' I doubt you'd even need those binoculars!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We were sitting on a ridge down in the Hill Country. Here and her boyfriend/husband were waking a trail across the fence about 200yds away. They got to a flat rock where they were going to sit and hunt. She proceded to strip and sit beside him rubbing his back, and kissing his ear. He was dressed in camo and he was HUNTING and nothing else. He was looking for a nice rack and had one beside him the whole time!