whats the wierdest thing you seen in the woods

baseballfreak123

This past deer season I watched a crow and a rabbit fighting in my food plot. The crow would dive down at the rabbit until he ran him into the edge of the woods. Once the rabbit was gone the crow would land and begin to eat corn, then out of no where this rabbit would come flying out of the woods and run the crow off. This went on for 5-10 minutes. It was really funny.

A few days later in the same stand I saw this grown bobcat emerge from the woods at the end of my food plot. He walked up to and past my stand. I was so into watching him that at first I missed the house cat trailing him about 25 yards away.

A friend of mine got pictures of the same buck under his feeder for 4 or 5 days straight. The strange part was that in every picture not only was the buck eating corn from under his feeder but so was a rat terrier. Never did he get a picture of either animal alone.

• 2 weeks later...

not the woods, but at the lake... yesterday evening me and my dad were bass fishing on a lake here in north east texas and noticed a bald eagle perched in the top of a tree by the shore.. we trolled in his direction a little and he took off over the lake.. all of a sudden coots started going crazy out there in the open water and we realized that eagle was doin a little hunting.. he kept swooping down and the coots would dive underwater... we kept hoping he would get one, but he never did that we saw.. he must have realized those were coots, not ducks and lost his appetite, lol.... i told a buddy from church about it and he said he had seen one attack a group of mallards in flight and caught one with his tallons, so i guess that is a fairly common meal for eagles... thought that was pretty cool, plus we caught 12 largemouth which was great too!

not the woods, but at the lake... yesterday evening me and my dad were bass fishing on a lake here in north east texas and noticed a bald eagle perched in the top of a tree by the shore.. we trolled in his direction a little and he took off over the lake.. all of a sudden coots started going crazy out there in the open water and we realized that eagle was doin a little hunting.. he kept swooping down and the coots would dive underwater... we kept hoping he would get one, but he never did that we saw.. he must have realized those were coots, not ducks and lost his appetite, lol.... i told a buddy from church about it and he said he had seen one attack a group of mallards in flight and caught one with his tallons, so i guess that is a fairly common meal for eagles... thought that was pretty cool, plus we caught 12 largemouth which was great too!

Sure an eagle will take waterfowl. I've got a buddy who's into falconry and hawks, and he actually duck hunts with his hawk. I know, weird........but cool to watch.

Sure an eagle will take waterfowl. I've got a buddy who's into falconry and hawks, and he actually duck hunts with his hawk. I know, weird........but cool to watch.

Have you ever seen the falconeer that does his show at Medieval Times in Dallas. Watching those guys with their birds is something else.