**Jasper Coaching Applicants List**

setxsports

Yes, they can. But I know for sure when the school narrows down its finalists, those names have to be released to the media if requested. It's public information, and under the Freedom of Information Act, a public school that is funded by the state has to release such information if it is requested, by the media or a random Joe off the street. I don't know for sure if they have to release all the applicants, but I know they have to concerning finalists.
Correct!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoonfork.....

What if your Dad has passed away since the beginning of football season and you are tryuing to get closer to your mom to help her? Dont attempt to put barriers around ALL the reasons people look for jobs in a tight neat box to fit your agenda.

Release or not release? You can make good arguements for both sides... Bottom line, it's the law (Freedom of Information Act). It's not a secret... coaches know the info may be released when they apply.

As for loyalty, it goes both ways... good coaches get fired all the time after a couple (even one) bad or mediocre year. Most of us work one year contracts (not many of those sweetheart multiyear contracts for coaches). Not complaining... that's just the way it is.

Spoonfork.....

What if your Dad has passed away since the beginning of football season and you are tryuing to get closer to your mom to help her? Dont attempt to put barriers around ALL the reasons people look for jobs in a tight neat box to fit your agenda.

That would be commendable. However, I would expect that if that was the case for a particular coach, then he would have a relationship strong enough and positive enough with his administration where it would not be an issue.

My opinion.

They couldn't refuse?

Bull, then why dont you see every applicant to every job in Texas. Jasper is bush league for putting these coaches in this postion. The ones that dont see it that way are not coaches. I would like to see the list of names that pulled out after the list came out.

? means it was a question.

I know it happens but anyone with even a little integrity should want anyone that has a chance to better himself to do so and support them, if it doesn't work out it shouldn't be held against them. The superintendent didn't start at that position...........

nothing? Huh. must be a hush hush job

Hiring has been delayed until after Spring Break. A committee of folks from the community are putting together a list of finalists to present to the school board.

Hiring has been delayed until after Spring Break. A committee of folks from the community are putting together a list of finalists to present to the school board.

Why are they waiting. Have they had first round interviews yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Last interview today. The final interviews were 5 according to the Beaumont newpaper. The only name released was the Newton DC named Johnston. The other finalists names were not known but two are from the Dallas area, one from San Antonio, and one from Houston. They will by the end of next week.

Anything new?

Hiring is Wednesday!!

Kevin Byrd Off. Line Coach Fort Bend Clements

W.T. Johnston Def. Coord. Newton

Mike Bickham Off. Coord. Tyler John Tyler H.S.

Danny Russell Def. Coord. Garland H.S.

Brett Sawyer Def. Coord. Richardson Berkner

Kris Micheaux Head Coach Gonzalez H.S.

Micheaux would do a great job. Also - thought the DC at Newton was Gene Wokoviak(sp).

No, Coach Walkoviak is just an assistant at Newton...Johnston has been DC awhile now at least going back to the early 2000's if not before....