The government censors will soon be taking over a newspaper near you

DLeihman32878

The cartoon is the truth, any monkey could have written the stimulus bill that BHO and his pals in Congress have forcefed America with. I can recall at least 10,000 cartoons portraying President George W. Bush as a chimp or monkey, and there wasn't any backlash. Sounds like these new politicians have a thin skin.

Anyone who can't read this cartoon and understand that is satire, insinuating that the stimulus bill was so absurd that some species below a human wrote it, doesn't have enough intelligence to participate in political discourse.

That describes just about every liberal in America....

Anyone who can't read this cartoon and understand that is satire, insinuating that the stimulus bill was so absurd that some species below a human wrote it, doesn't have enough intelligence to participate in political discourse.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29263781/

Why, that police officer shot Hairy Pelosi!

Why, that police officer shot Hairy Pelosi!

pelosi key author. The Califorians, Itilians, or Polocks are the ones that should be crying racist. Oboma clearly promised using a scalpel. So do not blame him.

But hey any critism of present regime and you are a Racist.

The first black president of the US is in office and people still make racist connections that are not there. Racism will never be a thing of the past if people don't let it go and stop making issues where there are none.

A monkey (1: a nonhuman primate mammal with the exception usually of the lemurs and tarsiers ; especially : any of the smaller longer-tailed catarrhine or platyrrhine primates as contrasted with the apes. defined by merriam-webster) could have wrote this stimulus bill. I would like to know the exact number of members of congress that did not read it before they voted to pass it. Now they could be compared to trained monkeys... doing what they are told for a treat from Pelosi.

The democrats have me extremely worried with their control of the US government. You would think they would have learned from the republicans mistakes during their control.

Quite frankly it is time to take politics out of this mess. Our elected officials are playing with our future as if it is the biggest political leverage tool in history. It is in a sense but it should leverage everyone into doing what is right, not what they need to do to pander to their financial donors.

Sorry, that was a bit off topic...

Back to the topic...

Crazy chimp shot by police could have wrote a better bill. No racist statement in the cartoon, in my opinion.

Bring in the assclowns:

By Edith Honan

NEW YORK, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Hundreds of demonstrators

rallied to boycott the New York Post on Thursday, branding the

newspaper as racist for publishing a cartoon that appeared to

compare President Barack Obama to a chimpanzee.

Demonstrators led by civil rights activist Al Sharpton

chanted "End racism now!" outside the parent company's

skyscraper in midtown Manhattan and called for the jailing of

Rupert Murdoch, whose international media conglomerate News

Corp NWSA owns the Post.

The newspaper has defended the cartoon as a parody of

Washington politics, but Sharpton said it exploited a potent

image in the history of racism toward blacks.

Published on Wednesday, it shows police shooting an ape and

plays on the real shooting of a pet chimpanzee that went on a

rampage in Connecticut this week.

One of the police officers says, "They'll have to find

someone else to write the next stimulus bill."

Because Obama promoted the $787 billion economic stimulus

that he signed into law on Tuesday, critics of the cartoon

interpreted the dead chimp as a reference to Obama, who became

the first black U.S. president on Jan. 20.

"I guess they thought we were chimpanzees," Sharpton said.

"They will find out we are lions."

Sharpton said he would meet with advertisers to encourage

them to pull their ads and said New Yorkers would boycott the

newspaper.

"You would have to be in a time warp or in a whole other

world not to know what that means," said demonstrator Charles

Ashley, 25, a model who did not believe the cartoon was an

innocent political joke.

Others said it made light of assassinating Obama, a

possibility they said that worries many African-Americans.

"Just the fact that they put a monkey with gunshot wounds

in his chest, it gives the idea of an assassination," said

Peter Aviles, 48, a building superintendent.

Police in Stamford, Connecticut, shot and killed a

200-pound (90-kg) chimpanzee on Monday after the pet nearly

killed its owner's friend and attacked a police car. The chimp,

named Travis, had once starred in television commercials and

was taking medication for Lyme disease.

New York Post Editor-in-Chief Col Allan said in a statement

the cartoon "broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the

economy."

(Editing by Daniel Trotta and David Wiessler)

(([email protected], ph: 1 646 223 6280))

Once again the double standard between blacks and whites is unfolded!! Where was the outrage in support of Pres. Bush! Why is it so much worse for compare a black Pres to a monkey? What are they thinking? Al Sharpton IS a stinking Ape!!

The cartoon has nothing to with Obama.

By now, I'm sure everyone is aware of the chimp attack in Connecticut. The cartoon takes that incident and tries to make a point about the absurdity of the stimulus bill, which was authored at great length by Nancy Pelosi, an Italian-American. The cartoonist was making the point that the stimulus bill was so absurd that it was if a monkey, chimp, or some other species not as intelligent as a human, wrote it, as opposed to Nancy Pelosi. Sharpton's argument is a classic straw man argument and defies logic.

The people complaining about this particular cartoon simply want to stifle dissent to a totalitarian regime. It's nothing new. The Bush administration was just as guilty as the Obama administration. Remember how they would remove people with anti-Bush t-shirts from Bush's rallys.

If there was a cartoon comparing a black President to a monkey that would be completly different. In that case, the cartoon would be vile and reprehensible.

If there was a cartoon comparing a black President to a monkey that would be completly different. In that case, the cartoon would be vile and reprehensible.

Was it ok to compare George Bush to a monkey???????

Was it ok to compare George Bush to a monkey???????

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but it would definitely depend on the context.

If someone comparing Bush to a monkey had anything to do with Bush's ethnicity, then it would be wrong.

However, if someone were comparing Bush to a monkey because they thought he made bad decisions and that a monkey could have possibly made better decisions, then I would it funny, just like I found this cartoon to be funny.

I've made it very clear. I don't like George Bush or Barrack Obama. For 8 years, I thought Bush was the worst President we had ever seen, but in just a month Obama has already replaced him at the bottom.

By now, I'm sure everyone is aware of the chimp attack in Connecticut. The cartoon takes that incident and tries to make a point about the absurdity of the stimulus bill, which was authored at great length by Nancy Pelosi, an Italian-American. The cartoonist was making the point that the stimulus bill was so absurd that it was if a monkey, chimp, or some other species not as intelligent as a human, wrote it, as opposed to Nancy Pelosi. Sharpton's argument is a classic straw man argument and defies logic.

The people complaining about this particular cartoon simply want to stifle dissent to a totalitarian regime. It's nothing new. The Bush administration was just as guilty as the Obama administration. Remember how they would remove people with anti-Bush t-shirts from Bush's rallys.

But idiots like Al sharpton, saw and opportunity to race bait...again! He is condemning it because HE thinks it is comparing Obamination to a chimp. My question to you and Sharpton is why is it Ok to compare Pres. Bush to a chimp and not Obamination. Why is MORE reprehensible to compare a black pres than a white pres.?

But idiots like Al sharpton, saw and opportunity to race bait...again! He is condemning it because HE thinks it is comparing Obamination to a chimp. My question to you and Sharpton is why is it Ok to compare Pres. Bush to a chimp and not Obamination. Why is MORE reprehensible to compare a black pres than a white pres.?

Again, with me, it is all about intent.

Racism is never acceptable in my world, but I have no problem with verbally attacking a public figure who makes decisions I disagree with....

With that said, if a political cartoon compares George Bush to a monkey, implying that he made bad decisions, I would find a lot of truth in the cartoon and laugh. I look at the cartoon in question here--the dead chimp and the stimulus bill--and I find it funny. Again, it lampoons bad decision by bad lawmakers.

On the other hand, if a cartoon existed comparing Bush, Obama or anyone else to a monkey based on some bigoted racial stereotype, I would find it highly offensive and speak out against it.

Again, with me, it is all about intent.

Racism is never acceptable in my world, but I have no problem with verbally attacking a public figure who makes decisions I disagree with....

With that said, if a political cartoon compares George Bush to a monkey, implying that he made bad decisions, I would find a lot of truth in the cartoon and laugh. I look at the cartoon in question here--the dead chimp and the stimulus bill--and I find it funny. Again, it lampoons bad decision by bad lawmakers.

On the other hand, if a cartoon existed comparing Bush, Obama or anyone else to a monkey based on some bigoted racial stereotype, I would find it highly offensive and speak out against it.

Agreed.

I think once anyone regardless of race reaches a level of fame, they are subject to satire and caricatures. I did not see anything in the picture that resembled BHO. So this is much ado about nothing with Sharpton and his ilk. I've seen photoshopped pictures that have portrayed BHO as a monkey and Alfred E. Neuman.

I'm getting sick that anytime that someone says anything against BHO, they are immediately attacked as being racist. Every President has been mocked, even George Washington. Why BHO needs to be apologized to or be protected is a lack of leadership. His critics will grow in the next few years. We haven't seen anything, yet. This is just touching the surface.

I think once anyone regardless of race reaches a level of fame, they are subject to satire and caricatures. I did not see anything in the picture that resembled BHO. So this is much ado about nothing with Sharpton and his ilk. I've seen photoshopped pictures that have portrayed BHO as a monkey and Alfred E. Neuman.

I'm getting sick that anytime that someone says anything against BHO, they are immediately attacked as being racist. Every President has been mocked, even George Washington. Why BHO needs to be apologized to or be protected is a lack of leadership. His critics will grow in the next few years. We haven't seen anything, yet. This is just touching the surface.

That's why I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity offender. At one point or another in my life, I've made some harsh criticism against every President during my lifetime (was born during the Carter administration).

My two favorite presidents were Reagan and Clinton--imagine that....The one president who I find it hardest to criticize though is Bush, Sr. With the exception of puking on the Japanese prime minister, there's not much to make fun of there.