Mallett sacked.

Although I cannot reveal my source, suffice it to say it was a sports writer who got the story off the wire... Probably surprising no one, former Texas High star QB and much-anticipated starting QB for the Arkansas Razorbacks, Ryan Mallett was arrested in Fayetteville this weekend for public intoxication.

Although I cannot reveal my source, suffice it to say it was a sports writer who got the story off the wire... Probably surprising no one, former Texas High star QB and much-anticipated starting QB for the Arkansas Razorbacks, Ryan Mallett was arrested in Fayetteville this weekend for public intoxication.

Arrrr thats bad news! :pirate:

Don't be so quick to judge. It appears he made a terrible choice, but he's still very young. That's not an excuse, but it's way too early to be giving up on him. Hopefully he's learned a lesson and won't throw away the great opportunity he still has.

OMG! College kids drink? Really though.... he will get another shot, and he should. What he does from this very point on has the potential to alter his life forever. He should lock himself in the film room for the next 2 years. If he goofs again, it may be the end.

OMG! College kids drink? Really though.... he will get another shot, and he should. What he does from this very point on has the potential to alter his life forever. He should lock himself in the film room for the next 2 years. If he goofs again, it may be the end.

Good point! I think the kid will be given a second chance. And I believe it is ok if you live in a different state and have the UIL's approval to attend the school. I think McLeod does the same thing with a few of their athletes, but I could be wrong.

He should be given a second chance. On any given Friday or Saturday night policeman could probably give 90% of the college students walking out of bars some kind of ticket whether it be PI/MIP/MIC/DUI. Now what he can't do is get his name in the paper again for this. It's one thing to make a mistake and learn from it; it's problematic to keep making the same mistkakes over and over again.

Yeah, because Ced and Ricky are terrific role models huh?

The UT arrogance knows no bounds...even when being blind.

Lighten up- hatred is not a good thing. You need to understand the difference between good hearted jabs and serious posts.