Chapel Hill High School Softball

talllongskinny

I am afraid that the CH softball team will have a bad season unless coaching improves. CH has some talent on the field, but no Coaching :thumbdown: . Great pitcher, shortstop, and second base the rest needs improvement.

Is that Chapel Hill Mt Pleasant ? Thought they had a pretty good 3rd baseman too!

I am afraid that the CH softball team (Tyler) will have a bad season unless coaching improves. CH has some talent on the field, but no Coaching :thumbdown: . Great pitcher, shortstop, and second base the rest needs improvement.

Is it all coaching? Those three plus 1 other starter are all soccer players and VERY limited in softball practice. Please get informed befor you post something so unknowledgable.

Is it all coaching? Those three plus 1 other starter are all soccer players and VERY limited in softball practice. Please get informed befor you post something so unknowledgable.

Have heard first hand that the pitcher has to call her own pitches. Coach doesn't have a clue. Weak practices with no structure. Errors ,errors and more errors. Sad when a AAA school doesn't have enough pride in their school to put a quality product on the field, but see it everywhere when it comes to girls athletics. Is the coach a football or basketball coach that had an offseason or couldn't get a bus route. Usually the case. All the TISD schools fall under this standard, although looks lik REL is finally starting to "get it" .

This problem also exixts at the local 4-A level as well, which is even worse because the enrollment figures are larger (more girls).

If a 4-A school can't field a softball team with 12 players and a girl's soccer team with 16 players at the same time, without sharing, then shouldn't the school consider dropping one of the programs, much like some of the 1-A and 2-A schools that choose to focus just on basketball and not have a volleyball team due to a lack of participants.

Sharing girl's between two sports for half the season doesn't do justice to anyone; although I tip my hat to the young ladies that make the sacrifice to do both for the sake of their schools.

Coaches come and coaches go, yet some schools continue to get throttled year-after-year at some of the same schools who have very thin ranks in softball (or soccer).

The girls for Chapel Hill that are playing soccer and softball or not the problem. The Coach basically lets the girls run the practice. The Coach was the assistant Coach last year and the Assistant Coach is a Coach from the Junior High. From what I can tell neither have a clue. Most of the girls playing soccer and softball I have seen playing select softball. As usual at Chapel Hill the girls seem to get the slide on Coachs except for the head volleyball coach (Linda Godwin).

The Coach :thumbdown: is an actual softball Coach from what I have been told.

The girls for Chapel Hill that are playing soccer and softball or not the problem. The Coach basically lets the girls run the practice. The Coach was the assistant Coach last year and the Assistant Coach is a Coach from the Junior High. From what I can tell neither have a clue. Most of the girls playing soccer and softball I have seen playing select softball. As usual at Chapel Hill the girls seem to get the slide on Coachs except for the head volleyball coach (Linda Godwin).

The Coach :thumbdown: is an actual softball Coach from what I have been told.

Not sure if this is a shot at the school or coach? maybe both? If it is a shot at the school then approach someone in the school with the power to make change happen. If it is a shot at the coach then maybe you should apply so they can have a "real coach" because it appears you have the answers. :thumbsup:

Not sure if this is a shot at the school or coach? maybe both? If it is a shot at the school then approach someone in the school with the power to make change happen. If it is a shot at the coach then maybe you should apply so they can have a "real coach" because it appears you have the answers. :thumbsup:

The school has been this way forever from what I understand, and I am not a coach and it doesn't sound like you are either.

The school has been this way forever from what I understand, and I am not a coach and it doesn't sound like you are either.

Used to coach HS ball so I have a decent perspective . Got out so I could enjoy my own kids. I coach them for the fun of it. We go to the HS games and SUPPORT our school and coaches. If I did have a problem with the school, I would get involved and try to be a part of the solution. Ranting about it on a message board will never do any good. But, if it makes you feel better, continue on...

Used to coach HS ball so I have a decent perspective . Got out so I could enjoy my own kids. I coach them for the fun of it. We go to the HS games and SUPPORT our school and coaches. If I did have a problem with the school, I would get involved and try to be a part of the solution. Ranting about it on a message board will never do any good. But, if it makes you feel better, continue on...

I went to school at CH and so did my kids, it was the same way then as is today. The community has relied on the School Board and others at the school with no help.

The softball program has improved 100% over the past three years.

It is like most things in life - you take two steps forward and one

step back.

When the parents stop talking bad about the coach in front of

their kids then the kids will respect the coach a little more.

The softball team has a few core players that think they know

everything and choose to ignore the coach. Don't put

all the blame on the coach!!

There is a lot of attitude from the players and parents.

If you have a problem with the coach - GO TALK TO THE COACH!!!

The softball program has improved 100% over the past three years.

It is like most things in life - you take two steps forward and one

step back.

When the parents stop talking bad about the coach in front of

their kids then the kids will respect the coach a little more.

The softball team has a few core players that think they know

everything and choose to ignore the coach. Don't put

all the blame on the coach!!

There is a lot of attitude from the players and parents.

If you have a problem with the coach - GO TALK TO THE COACH!!!

If the softball team has improved over the last 3 years - why are most of the Senior and Juniors not playing. The games I have been at, I saw no problem with the players or the parents.

As far as CH girls athletics go there is a lot to be done to improve those programs!! The current AD is leaving and I truly hope that the school will choose someone to replace him that thinks that the girls athletic programs and the coaches they choose to head those programs are just as important as the boys programs!!

There is a group of about 6 sophomore girls and 1 Freshman at CH that can play every girls sport at CH and are good at all of those sports and a couple of them do play every sport!! It is very hard for the coaches to share them but they are all good at the sports and they all want them on their teams so they do try to work it all out!!

CH softball coaches needs to schedule some structured Saturday practices so that all of the girls can practice together until the soccer season is over and maybe that will help a little!

Just my opinion!!

As far as CH girls athletics go there is a lot to be done to improve those programs!! The current AD is leaving and I truly hope that the school will choose someone to replace him that thinks that the girls athletic programs and the coaches they choose to head those programs are just as important as the boys programs!!

There is a group of about 6 sophomore girls and 1 Freshman at CH that can play every girls sport at CH and are good at all of those sports and a couple of them do play every sport!! It is very hard for the coaches to share them but they are all good at the sports and they all want them on their teams so they do try to work it all out!!

CH softball coaches needs to schedule some structured Saturday practices so that all of the girls can practice together until the soccer season is over and maybe that will help a little!

Just my opinion!!

AMEN

There are UIL rules in place that restrict the number of hours students are allowed

to practice outside of school.

The coach is not allowed to schedule these practices due to that rule.

If the girls want to get together on their own - that would be great.

I agree about sharing the students.

The football coaches refuse to share with the band but all the

other sports are required to share.

Always a double standard.

Just think where the girls would be without Title IX

baseballfan29, I am at most of the softball practices and at everygame that CH plays and I haven't seen or heard any disrespect from the players about or to the coach. We have a good group of girls this year they just need some tweaking!!

As far as the parents go I see nor hear disrespect just frustration!! I don't feel our core players think they know it all but they have played sports pretty much their entire lives and for many years played on select teams as well and it is very hard for the girls and parents to go from very disciplined and structured coaches and teams to none at all!!

At a very recent game the coach was screaming and hollering at the girls from across the field and I personally heard the coach talking down about his own team to the opposing coach and that was very upsetting to me, and the coach was spoken to about it and things seemed to change the next few games!!

We at CH are trying to work it all out the best way we can!!