is Terrell Owens a hall of famer ?

Ya'll might be smoking something if you think Lynn Swan was a better reciever lol.Now that being said if you're saying Swan was a better teamate or less of a whiner that T.O. then you'd be correct.But yes he IS a hall of fame reciever.

Owens

SEA-13

REC-951

YDS-14,122

AVG-15.2

TDS-139

Irvin (HOF)

SEA-12

REC-750

YDS-11,904

AVG-15.9

TDS-65

Swann (HOF)

SEA-9

REC-336

YDS-5,436

AVG-16.3

TDS-51

Bob Hayes (HOF class of 09)

SEA-11

REC-371

YDS-7,414

AVG-20.0

TDS-71

According to the numbers, hes in. Will he get in on his first year of eligibility, or will it take a few years?

Character doesn't figure in anymore since Lawrence Taylor went in, so T.O. will make the hall of fame.
Irvin: 3 Super Bowl Championships, Swann: 4 Super Bowl Chmpionships, and Hayes: 1 Super Bowl Championship, as well as changing the face of football by necessitating the creation of the zone defense with his speed. These statistics enhanced those three guys induction into the hall of fame, while T.O. will have to depend on numbers only. Numbers worked for Marino, although he didn't have the "team cancer" reputation that T.O. has. They'll make T.O. wait a couple of cycles because of his reputation.

Good point about the Championship rings. I bet TO has to wait a few years before he gets in the hall, but I think he will make it. However, if he acts the same way with his next team, and gets dismissed from that team, then its gonna take even longer for him to get in.

Irvin: 3 Super Bowl Championships, Swann: 4 Super Bowl Chmpionships, and Hayes: 1 Super Bowl Championship, as well as changing the face of football by necessitating the creation of the zone defense with his speed. These statistics enhanced those three guys induction into the hall of fame, while T.O. will have to depend on numbers only. Numbers worked for Marino, although he didn't have the "team cancer" reputation that T.O. has. They'll make T.O. wait a couple of cycles because of his reputation.

Steve Largent only had stats and he never even played in a super bowl

T.O. had one of the more memorable Super Bowl performances ever with 100+ yards on a broken leg. They lost because McNabb was outdone by Brady.

There is only one position that you can even think about blaming lack of championships on and that is the quarterback, that is because the rules of the game kind of make the quarterback above the rest of the team.

It took Lynn Swan a lifetime to get in and he was twice the receiver to his team that T.O. has ever been, and he had multiple superbowls. He will just be known as a team killer.

True, he will always be known as a team killer, but there is absolutely no doubt he'll have a bust in Canton when it's all said and done. Wide receivers don't have to win Super Bowls to be in the Hall of Fame, and his numbers are just too gaudy to keep him out. If Lawrence Taylor can smoke crack and make the Hall, I think T.O can mouth off and make it.

True, he will always be known as a team killer, but there is absolutely no doubt he'll have a bust in Canton when it's all said and done. Wide receivers don't have to win Super Bowls to be in the Hall of Fame, and his numbers are just too gaudy to keep him out. If Lawrence Taylor can smoke crack and make the Hall, I think T.O can mouth off and make it.

True enough, but I prefer winning over numbers.

Lynn Swann wasn't even on the same level as T.O. Just in the regular season T.O. had nearly 3 times as many yards and almost 3 times as many TD's. Your just messed up to believe that Swann was better.

He also has 4 less super bowls though, and Swann played in a time of much less pass happy offenses. Not saying he was more talented, you could argue that T.O. is in the top 5 most athletic receivers of all time, but he is a cancer and team killer. I could name off tons more receivers I would take over him.

I just cant put him there...He could have been had he shut his mouth, and caught the :censored: ball instead of leading the league in drops. Instead he alienated every quarterback he has played with, and destroyed the locker room of every team he has been on.

I care when its the last drive of the game to try and get the lead back and he is dropping passes because its not a break away pass that he wont get lit up on. Matters big time in terms of winning and losing which is ALL that matters.