4H Shooting Clubs

codeman95

Hey folks. Just wondering who all out there has 4H youngsters competing in spoting clays, trap, etc.

Titus County has about 25 kids shooting every weekend and they really put the old folks to shame. Some are competing in Tyler today and some are getting ready for the State shoot in San Antonio.

Don't have kids old enough yet but they will. I competed in riflery when I was a kid. They didn't have trap or sporting clays back then. Placed 2nd in State with my grandpas bolt action. The Dads of the other kids couldn't believe it since I didn't have a high dollar rifle and fancy peep sights. My dad told them that it was because I shot 3 bricks of shells a week. Still have the medal and am prouder of it than any trophy I ever won. I still have the gun too. I wish I still had Grandpa.

Don't have kids old enough yet but they will. I competed in riflery when I was a kid. They didn't have trap or sporting clays back then. Placed 2nd in State with my grandpas bolt action. The Dads of the other kids couldn't believe it since I didn't have a high dollar rifle and fancy peep sights. My dad told them that it was because I shot 3 bricks of shells a week. Still have the medal and am prouder of it than any trophy I ever won. I still have the gun too. I wish I still had Grandpa.

Ya know, that's a pretty good story. Hope your kids learn something from a dad who's willing to take time for em. So many kids don't these days. As far as the gun, mine shot his grandpas for a while. someday he will get a newer gun. Maybe not better. Some of these kids get the best it seems. Or maybe I should say the most expensive. I'll let mine earn it first.