Is there ever going to be a flag football league in Tyler/East Texas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anything in Kilgore/Henderson area? I've been playing with some buddies/old high school teammates recently and we're looking to get a little bit serious by joining a leage this Fall.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
>Only 2 non-members of one church per team.

Unfortunately you have to be a church member or know someone who is. :(

Still looking for a city league around Tyler.

If you find one myself and maybe a few from Chandler/Brownsboro area would like to get in on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have lived in Tyler for many a year and I was just wondering why don't we have a flag football league. It seems we would considering how many people in East Texas love football.

There is a flag football team in Tyler/East Texas. They're called the East Texas Drillers. lol! I think anyone could walk on and play. It's a talented roster. I hear they're paid with coupons to Sonic and gas money to get back and forth from the games. You know that anyone who is paid to play is considered a PROFESSIONAL. So, want to be a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER? East Texas Drillas!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I play on the 4-on-4 league in Tyler and they don't travel to Dallas for their games. They are played at Pollard Park. If they were traveling to Dallas, it was for a seperate tournament.

The indoor soccer arena used to hold a 5-on-5 league but they wouldn't pay for refs so we had to either ref our own games or have someone from another team do it. Things got a little ugly sometimes that way.

I've been told that the 4-on-4 league is trying to move into the indoor soccer arena.

• 9 months later...

I play on the 4-on-4 league in Tyler and they don't travel to Dallas for their games. They are played at Pollard Park. If they were traveling to Dallas, it was for a seperate tournament.

The indoor soccer arena used to hold a 5-on-5 league but they wouldn't pay for refs so we had to either ref our own games or have someone from another team do it. Things got a little ugly sometimes that way.

I've been told that the 4-on-4 league is trying to move into the indoor soccer arena.

I have my own flag football team (Goon Squad) in Tyler. We still play in Tournaments in the Dallas area, last one being played at the new Cowboy Stadium. I was involved in the East Texas and Indoor Flag Football leagues. Both have disbanded. BUT....There is something big we are working on, FlagFootballX is trying to make there way out of Dallas to start a whole new league. I know of alot of people and teams in Tyler where we still play weekly and you will be SURPRISED at the turn-out. Get @ me if you wanna come out and join our games.

• 3 weeks later...

Only 100 slots remain for the first Secondary Summit. Secondary Summit is a clinic devoted to bringing the best football minds together for a day of devising strategies to combat the spread offense.

This one-day clinic will feature coaches from the: Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Stanford Cardinal and Lake Travis Cavs. Also, a former Navy SEAL will talk about how to construct a defensive gameplan the Navy SEAL Way.

Don't miss it.

Date: Feb. 11, 2012

Register today at: Secondary Summit

Coach Daron K. Roberts

[email protected]

617.308.6913 (cell)