District 18-2A

1Softballfan

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ef 1 har 0 very good game errors hurt harleton

Since when is a frozen rope shot up the middle that scores a run called a error. Monster u and I both know that the score could of been a lot worse.........EF left 12 runners on the bags.

dont know that i would call that a frozen rope but it was a good hit. Had we not had an error earlier in the inning she does not get to bat

No u would call it an error.

From MNM

Lady Jackets open district with win

Blair Hickey gave up two hits and had 11 strikeouts to lead Elysian Fields to a 1-0 win over cross-county rival Harleton in both team's District 18-2A opener Tuesday at Lady Jacket Field.

Hickey also went 1-for3 with a triple. Savannah Quintana was also 1-for-3, scoring the game's lone run for the Lady Jackets, who moved to 14-7, 1-0 with the victory, while Lauren Parker added a hit. Lacy Liles had one hit and drove in the only run.

Harleton's Kayla McDaniel took the loss, striking out seven and walking one.

Elysian Fields will travel to Harmony on Friday.

i think what dmonster is saying, is that the overthrow on the bunt, moved the runners into scoring position. which, allowed liles single to drive the run in, but we threw out the second runner to end the inning. it was a good hit by liles. dont' think monster is saying that they scored on errors.

don't know about the 12 runners stranded. they're stranded if they are in scoring position (at least 2nd). but give credit to kayla for throwing some good pitches to get us out of the inning. good game, two good teams.

i think what dmonster is saying, is that the overthrow on the bunt, moved the runners into scoring position. which, allowed liles single to drive the run in, but we threw out the second runner to end the inning. it was a good hit by liles. dont' think monster is saying that they scored on errors.

don't know about the 12 runners stranded. they're stranded if they are in scoring position (at least 2nd). but give credit to kayla for throwing some good pitches to get us out of the inning. good game, two good teams.

McDaniels did look good last night on the mound as well as Hickey, great game by both pitchers.

P.S. You might want to wear some catchers equipment when coaching 3rd base....3 shots in one night, looked like someone may have a hit out on you...lol.

Good luck with Diana on Friday.

true, very true, and someone having a hit out on me is probably not out of the realm of possibility stinger!! you better watch out too

It's not "someone". It is some -MANY no doubt! I have seen you coaching (if that is what you want to call it) and you talk to your team in a way that would not be allowed in most places.

all i meant by my statement is that he had a line shot too that almost hit him, so apprently he needs to watch out too, because there could be a hit out on him as well. and that's all i meant. it was just banter. you have every right to your opinion though

How very gracious of you but it's not an opionion. It is a fact.

So, the EF catcher played for Harleton and you at one time? Now this is an opinion: Smart move... smart girl! And another opinion: You should be focusing on your classroom during school hours or fine tuning your social skills.

So, the EF catcher played for Harleton and you at one time? Now this is an opinion: Smart move... smart girl! And another opinion: You should be focusing on your classroom during school hours or fine tuning your social skills.

To be perfectly honest. NO ONE really cares about opinions! This is to update stats and scores, so do everyone a favor and

stick to the topic.

So the EF catcher has an empty trailer on the Liles property, and claims they live in the EF school district after clearly changing school for athletic purposes.

So Harmony has mandatory Sunday practices.

So ...on and on and on.... Im sure every school has something against UIL rules.

Opinion - there are some big time suspicious activity in this district.

To be perfectly honest. NO ONE really cares about opinions! This is to update stats and scores, so do everyone a favor and

stick to the topic.

So where is your update, stat or score? Are you here to defend? Charming. You must be a middleoftheroad fan as well as a catfan10.

can we please stay on topic, this is ridiculous. it's obvious you came on this site to bash, itslikethisuc. just stick to the topic at hand.

I chose to visit this site because I was told that it was an excellent source for sports information. It is indeed. I will continue to visit this site. I will also comment as I feel necessary while remaining within the guidelines defined by this exceptional web site. Unfortunately, as with most things, the unsavory are in the midst.

So the EF catcher has an empty trailer on the Liles property, and claims they live in the EF school district after clearly changing school for athletic purposes.

So Harmony has mandatory Sunday practices.

So ...on and on and on.... Im sure every school has something against UIL rules.

Opinion - there are some big time suspicious activity in this district.

Redsweet you are right they dont live in ELYSIAN FIELDS they live in....................DeBerry.

Games for Friday 13th

EF @ Harmony

Diana @ Harleton

Sabine @ Winona

White Oak @ Union Grove

I chose to visit this site because I was told that it was an excellent source for sports information. It is indeed. I will continue to visit this site. I will also comment as I feel necessary while remaining within the guidelines defined by this exceptional web site. Unfortunately, as with most things, the unsavory are in the midst.

we are not going to miss you any, if you decide to leave.

It's not "someone". It is some -MANY no doubt! I have seen you coaching (if that is what you want to call it) and you talk to your team in a way that would not be allowed in most places.

that style sure has brought a lot of w's to the lady wildcat program and a bunch of girls that seemed to play awfully hard for their coach when i had them in longview a few weeks back.

calling out someone's character in a anonymous forum seems really petty. i don't have a dog in the fight, but it sure is a waste of a great public forum to bash a coach without merit. unless you've been on the practice field or in the dugout, then it is probably best to stay back in the peanut gallery.

This forum should promote 18-2A softball. i call a lot of games there and whoever makes it out of the district has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. in the spirit of the site, why not promote the kids and the programs and maybe an umpire now and again and leave a personal beef at home in the trash where it belongs

that style sure has brought a lot of w's to the lady wildcat program and a bunch of girls that seemed to play awfully hard for their coach when i had them in longview a few weeks back.

calling out someone's character in a anonymous forum seems really petty. i don't have a dog in the fight, but it sure is a waste of a great public forum to bash a coach without merit. unless you've been on the practice field or in the dugout, then it is probably best to stay back in the peanut gallery.

This forum should promote 18-2A softball. i call a lot of games there and whoever makes it out of the district has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. in the spirit of the site, why not promote the kids and the programs and maybe an umpire now and again and leave a personal beef at home in the trash where it belongs

yeah, we don't want to bash someone in a coaching position who might talk down his girls just to get a W. That would be just wrong of us parents concerned for our kids. Hmmmmmm. Yep, that makes em play harder by putting the fear in em. especially if an athlete is in a coaches class.

yeah, we don't want to bash someone in a coaching position who might talk down his girls just to get a W. That would be just wrong of us parents concerned for our kids. Hmmmmmm. Yep, that makes em play harder by putting the fear in em. especially if an athlete is in a coaches class.

I think more kids need the fear of god put in them with a but chewing every now and then. If you don't want your kid to learn intensity, hard work and what the real world is going to offer put her in a checkers tournament. There's no crying in baseball :thumbsup:

If you are a parent who is concerned, then why not set a positive example for your child by going through the proper channels and talking to a coach about specific concerns in person, and not on a message board? That shows maturity.

Taking pot shots behind a screen name shows a lack of accountability and what does a coach's classroom have anything to do with the softball field?

I hire workers from the younger generation and there are many good hard working kids, but too many want to be spoon fed and cant take criticism, constructive or otherwise. That sometimes is the reality of life and competition.

A coach, manager, or employer's job is not to always to play nice and make friends, sometimes you have to be hard nosed if you want to get the job done.

There are plenty of PARD leagues and checkers tournaments, like Sports said, if competitive athletics is not for you.

Unless you know a person personally, don't judge. If you know them, man up and confront them about your concerns.