District 18-2A

1Softballfan

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be the problem with youth today, too much mommy and daddy intervention with everyday life affairs. I am sure what is said to a student-athlete on the playing field is a lot less damaging in the long run than for a parent to always step in the way of any type of 'issue' (or shall I say correction)that arise by a teacher, coach, boss or what have you.

That could be the problem with youth today, too much mommy and daddy intervention with everyday life affairs. I am sure what is said to a student-athlete on the playing field is a lot less damaging in the long run than for a parent to always step in the way of any type of 'issue' (or shall I say correction)that arise by a teacher, coach, boss or what have you.

"That could be the problem with youth today, too much mommy and daddy intervention with everyday life affairs". That's an interesting statement stinger. Moms and Dads not involved with their kids day to day activity. So where are the kids? and what are they doing? out getting stoned, shoplifting at Walmart, how about shooting up a school? I wish mamma and daddy would've intervened in Alabama. So do all the parents who lost their kids as well.

"That could be the problem with youth today, too much mommy and daddy intervention with everyday life affairs". That's an interesting statement stinger. Moms and Dads not involved with their kids day to day activity. So where are the kids? and what are they doing? out getting stoned, shoplifting at Walmart, how about shooting up a school? I wish mamma and daddy would've intervened in Alabama. So do all the parents who lost their kids as well.

There is a difference between being involved in your childrens lives and making excuses in/for your children. Let me give a shot at what you are trying to impose... Son or daughter is upset with teacher or coach because son or daughter did not own up to their responsibilities, therefore, the blame must be placed on someone else other than poor little defenseless 'ol Bobby or Betty. Is that what you are saying? Ever heard of accountability? I don't expect you to understand by the first response you gave... As far as the situation in Alabama, you have no clue what those kids family life was like so why make such a blind ignorant statement?

There is a difference between being involved in your childrens lives and making excuses in/for your children. Let me give a shot at what you are trying to impose... Son or daughter is upset with teacher or coach because son or daughter did not own up to their responsibilities, therefore, the blame must be placed on someone else other than poor little defenseless 'ol Bobby or Betty. Is that what you are saying? Ever heard of accountability? I don't expect you to understand by the first response you gave... As far as the situation in Alabama, you have no clue what those kids family life was like so why make such a blind ignorant statement?

You seem to be the one making blind statements. What do think saying the kids are not living up to their responsibilities is doing? What responsibilities do kids have-go to school, study, make the best grades that they are capable of making, go to practice and follow the coaches lead, play the game to the best of their abilities and with good sportmanship, clean their rooms and maybe a few other chores. Nowhere in there is it their responsibilitiy to be publicly degraded in front their teammates, parents, opposing team, umpires and fans. And it is also not the players that should be held responsible if the coach and the parents have conflicts. The kids need to be allowed to be kids and the adults should act like adults.

You seem to be the one making blind statements. What do think saying the kids are not living up to their responsibilities is doing? What responsibilities do kids have-go to school, study, make the best grades that they are capable of making, go to practice and follow the coaches lead, play the game to the best of their abilities and with good sportmanship, clean their rooms and maybe a few other chores. Nowhere in there is it their responsibilitiy to be publicly degraded in front their teammates, parents, opposing team, umpires and fans. And it is also not the players that should be held responsible if the coach and the parents have conflicts. The kids need to be allowed to be kids and the adults should act like adults.

Kids need to be kids, I like that. One day they won't be and times flies so quickly. Here today, changing the world tomarro. Enjoy being the kid!! No coach should take that away from ya. And never say "ya can't. No such word in a winner's dictionary.

Kids need to be kids, I like that. One day they won't be and times flies so quickly. Here today, changing the world tomarro. Enjoy being the kid!! No coach should take that away from ya. And never say "ya can't. No such word in a winner's dictionary.

Sorry but if your kid wants to pick daisies in the outfield and get their participation ribbon there are rec leagues for that. If you want them to play competitive varsity sports they will have to play like adults. Kid can be kids all they want but when they step on the field/court in a varsity sport more is and better be demanded of them. When they do away with coaches getting fired for high school kids performances then you can have your way.

not a whole lot separating e.f, harmony and harleton. should be an interesting race, and a great 2nd round

:thumbsup: only 2 points so far but hey a W-I-N is a W-I-N. :thumbsup: Wonder what the ranking will look like this week?

why call out harleton, just curious?

this is thing is wide open. not taking anything away from e.f. (i know some will construe it that way) but they could easily be 0-2. it's just going to make the race that much more interesting down the line. great softball all around

mcdaniel their ace didn't pitch tonight. don't know what's wrong with her. #24 came in and had a 1 hitter going into the 7th up 9-0. harleton really hit the ball hard tonight. that 24 did a good job.

EF beat White Oak 10-0

what's up with white oak?