2009 Deer Lease

tylersooner

Your going to have to pay out the ying yang for a place with a " lodge ". For the most part those places only exist out in south and west texas and even then you would probably only be able to schedule a weekend or two all season. I would suggest going on texas trophy hunters website..maybe they have some links there for property

That really depends on the location. If you in South or West Texas it's costly. Your best bet is to ask around locally. Sometimes a private land owner if he knows and trust you may be willing to lease land but even that is becoming more difficult to find.

Your going to have to pay out the ying yang for a place with a " lodge ". For the most part those places only exist out in south and west texas and even then you would probably only be able to schedule a weekend or two all season. I would suggest going on texas trophy hunters website..maybe they have some links there for property

We currently have a place out west west that is 4000+ acres with 13 members or which on 8 actually hunt. It is a year round lease with a great sleeping arrangement that has all the amenities of home and then some. We are willing to pay, but don't want to be so far from home.

If you get a lease in the Hill Country or South Texas, get a signed contract from the landowner if possible. Usually about the time you get all your stuff moved onto a lease, landowner decides to sell it. Have seen it over and over. I have found several leases in the Hill Country for various people but, when the time comes to pay the landowner, I get egg on my face. The person that wanted the lease "so bad" can't find any partners or some other excuse. I quit locating deer leases.

• 2 months later...

on a lease looking for a few guns...located in Red River Cty south of clarksville, fishing, good all round hunting lease...no lodging however, we have elect and water hookups for campers...1500 a gun if interested notify...usually get one doe tag some years two

I have been looking very hard to find one for the past 2 years and thus far have not been able to come up with anything. Most of the leases have a long waiting list or you have to be kin to a memebr already! It is a circus!