Boys & Girls Playoff Postings

sfacujackcat

Free kicks were awarded because #15 and #11 for Kilgore kept MAULING #23 for Lindale the entire game. I saw #23 get undercut or literally pushed off the ball by one, two or sometimes three Kilgore defenders at least a dozen times that were not called. Conversly, Lindale defenders did the same and the calls were made in the first half. Kilgore generated little or no offensive threats in the second half so no calls were necessary. The Kilgore keeper handled the ball outside the box and it was not called. Numerous accidental handballs were let go, as they should have been. The law calls it deliberatly handling the ball. Lindale midfield and defense matched the level of physical play that Kilgore established in the first half, and Kilgore was awarded more free kicks in the first half than Lindale, and the game was played mostly in the Lindale defensive end in the first half. The referee took control and started making more calls in the 2nd half to try and gain control of the game. I thought they should have blown the whistle more often...against both teams, especially in the 2nd half. But to call it horrible just shows your favoritism to one team. Generally speaking, Lindale upped their intensity in the 2nd half and Kilgore responded with even more physical play and that was the reason for the calls (and cards).

I can say that I am an impartial observer because I do not have children that play for any East Texas high school, I did not coach any current player in any High School, and do not work for any school district, and I am a USSF referee, Grade 8 with hundreds of games of experience. The only observation about the referees in this match is that they let the play go too long before taking control of the play. And the AR on the Kilgore side blew two (2) calls on possession. Thats it.

Very fair observation, though I think you are mistaken that most of the 1st half was played on Lindale's end. I recall it being fairly even during the 1st half. Not that it matters, as the 2nd half was completely dominated by Lindale. It was certainly a physical game, and Lindale's yellow was in retaliation for the fouling by Kilgore. Both of Kilgore's yellows were direct fouls, and may have been both on Lindale's CM, who might as well have had a saddle all night long.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs in that game were horrible! They were going to keep giving Lindale free kicks until they scored. For some reason Kilgore changed their game plan vs the last 2 games. The have a sophomore that they were using in defense last night. They had moved her up to offensive mid in the previous 2 games and she really made a difference. You touched on good point though. Kilgore needs a much better offensive plan if they are going to move forward. I know Coach Farmer is up to the challenge and they have a lot of talent coming up. Also they will hopefully have one of their starting forwards back next year who has been out with an injury since preseason. Congrats on the win Lindale. Ole!

Thanks for the congrats and good luck next year. As for the game plan, I would not want to speak for K's coach, but it seemed pretty apparent that the decision was made to play a very defensive match and hope for a counter-attack goal. Obviously, it didn't happen and the physical play cost Kilgore. That said, if they weren't so physical, they may very well have gotten scored on (and probably would have) any way. The referee was not horrible and did not effect the outcome of the game. The better team won last night. Again, good luck.

wow, thats some trick by Coach Lawless, especially since he's been with his boys team all day and have been on their way to Marshall getting ready to play tonight. I think he's got more on his mind than posting about last nite's girl's game.

lawdog and ballboy and now soccerjones. soccerjones sounds to smart for lawless.

Lindale girls defeated Pleasant Grove 6-0.

Lindale will now play Mt.Pleasant at Pine Tree on Fri. night. Time TBA.

I know we get on here and say when we think that the refs do a bad job but tonight I want to say that the girls' game had good refs. I heard that they were from Longview and they did a nice job. It was a clean game. Congrats to both teams!!!

I know we get on here and say when we think that the refs do a bad job but tonight I want to say that the girls' game had good refs. I heard that they were from Longview and they did a nice job. It was a clean game. Congrats to both teams!!!

Yea, it would've been nice to see good refs ... the game I attended (MP-Hend) was aweful. The offsides (that led to the first goal) where the side judge said the two players were even was outright absurd.

Yea, it would've been nice to see good refs ... the game I attended (MP-Hend) was aweful. The offsides (that led to the first goal) where the side judge said the two players were even was outright absurd.

It is really funny to me how people come on here and say things about offsides when most people dont have a clue to recognizing an offsides. The girl that scored the first goal for mp was not offsides. The henderson sweeper was right there when the shot was taken. When the ball was played she was playn a deep sweep an the mp girl ran by her and she chased at a really good pursuit angle. It was just a great finish and a really good play. Henderson played really good and so did mp. It is a shame that people can't just say good job!

It is really funny to me how people come on here and say things about offsides when most people dont have a clue to recognizing an offsides. The girl that scored the first goal for mp was not offsides. The henderson sweeper was right there when the shot was taken. When the ball was played she was playn a deep sweep an the mp girl ran by her and she chased at a really good pursuit angle. It was just a great finish and a really good play. Henderson played really good and so did mp. It is a shame that people can't just say good job!

GOOD JOB!

Better?

how were they?think nac girls will be able to handle them?

Umm.. just know that they have such good control and movement. Almost everything is one-touch. They also have the communication that Nac has, which is key. Know that #24 has a big throw-in, I'm talkin she throws from the line and it lands in front of the goal and someone could just lay it in. They don't do much shooting from far away, most of it is quick passes to someone close, then they shoot. They are very quick also. Make sure the midfield gets back quick enough to play defense. Also, when the ball does get down to their defense, very rarely do you see them boot it up the field. Like the rest of the team, they pass it over to other defenders if they're in trouble, who pass it to the midfield. They're calm with the ball, so you have to pressure them big time.

I would love to see Nac win this one considering Midway hasn't had any goals scored on them in district! Where is being played?

Woodrow Wilson 12-10-2

Last loss was to North Dallas on March 7th. Actually lost both times to ND during district. Longview did beat them first games of the season.

VS. At Kincaide Stadium Friday at 8 in Dallas

Adamson 15-3-1

Last loss was Jan 23rd. Their most impressive victory was beating Mckinney North early in the season.

Winner plays the winner of Lindale vs. Mt.P

North Dallas 15-3-3

PineTree did beat ND back on Jan 9th, their 1st loss of the season. ND last loss was on Jan 20th.

VS At Tiger Stadium Friday at 8 in Corsicana

Corsicana-15-5-5

Last loss was back on Jan 23. Had two ties during their district season including last game of district to Waxahachie.

Winner plays the winner of Kilgore vs. PT

My picks are Adamson will beat WW

Corsicana will beat North Dallas

Lindale over Mt. Pleasant 2-1 in SO! This was a great game! It started to get out of control a little bit, and some Mt. Pleasant player were kind of getting out of hand, number 17 for example was "flipping-off" the Lindale fans and bench. But all in all it was a great game!

Lindale play Woodrow Wilson, time and place TBA

Lindale over Mt. Pleasant 2-1 in SO! This was a great game! It started to get out of control a little bit, and some Mt. Pleasant player were kind of getting out of hand, number 17 for example was "flipping-off" the Lindale fans and bench. But all in all it was a great game!

typical MP team. no dicipline

Actually it looked like MP had alot of discipline. They fought hard and when things got heated they made sure they defended themselves. Nice to see the ref not hand out a bunch of cards for heat of the moment issues. Both teams had their pushes and after the ball hits.

It is amazing to me that you say that MP players were getting out of hand without mentioning the things that occurred that they walked away from. There were numerous times that Lindale players pushed MP players after the whistle and never did they retaliate. One MP player was even kicked while sitting on the ground by a Lindale player. Dont come on here and tell a one sided lie!!!!!!!!

I really don't have a clue what your motivation for your posting is. I will tell you that in saying MP has no discipline you are full of it. You have no idea what you are talking about! Since Mayfield has been in charge there MP is 107-22-4 with a trip to the state tournament. The last two years they were eliminated in the ployoffs by a team that won the region and the other lost in the regional final. One loss came in double overtime and the other in a shootout. I guarantee you Lindale will say that MP was the best team they have played this year! A program is not this successful without any discipline. Anyone who has a clue about what it takes to have a successful program or has guided a succeessful program will tell you discipline is a major part of success. MP's kids are not perfect, but whose are?

i guess "flipping off" the stands and bench is a lot of dicipline. maybe they win that match if they are more busy playing the game then taunting people :jawdrop: