White Oak's Blake Ware fires no hitter

snuffy

Blake Ware threw a no hitter tonight with 16 strikeouts in a 10-0 win over Union Grove. The Lions managed 1 baserunner, a leadoff walk in the bottom of the 7th. Ware was hitting 88-89 mph on the gun all night.

Congrats to Blake he's a great kid, he has picked up some velocity since last summer!!!!

Congrats Mr. Ware.... Sounds like he was rolling... I am very much awaiting the WO vs Harleton matchup... I by no means say this because I think Harleton will hit him well, or beat them, but it will be a much anticipated game.. Harleton has yet to face a pitcher of his caliber. It wil be a good one, we hope anyways.. Good luck WO. Great job..

congrats Blake! white oak has got to have one of the best pitching rotations in the state in 2A with seniors Ware and Thomas and junior Gawrieh who threw a 4inning no hitter against daingerfield in one of the tournaments

I agree with you on that... I believe Harletons rotation will be a little deeper than WOs from the middle to the bottom, but WO may have the best #1..

It will be interesting to see what the matchup will be when they face off.

I agree with you on that... I believe Harletons rotation will be a little deeper than WOs from the middle to the bottom, but WO may have the best #1..

It will be interesting to see what the matchup will be when they face off.

from top to bottom tho it really dosent matter. if u have 2 good pitchers, which WO has 2 really good ones, then u will be successful. look at Pg last year. went all the way to state with just wacha in one gamers. WO's rotation is better than harletons

White Oak has had a good pitching pipeline to Panola thru the years

2009- Blake Ware and Justin Thomas---seniors at WO, Panola Signees

2008- Derek Bowen- currently at Panola

2006 Scott Copeland- Panola, currently in weekend rotation at Southern Miss

2000- Robbie Martindale- Panola, then Arkansas Monticello

1987- Todd Smith- Panola, then Oklahoma State University (1990 CWS National Runner Up)

from top to bottom tho it really dosent matter. if u have 2 good pitchers, which WO has 2 really good ones, then u will be successful. look at Pg last year. went all the way to state with just wacha in one gamers. WO's rotation is better than harletons

You may be rite, maybe not. Only time will tell. When Billy King is on his game, he is very good. I do believe Chase Jones has thrown a no hitter as well, and I don't think he has been scored on yet. Key word "yet". I watched the ND game, he was a little off for him, but he still threw a 2 hitter against a usually high scoring ND team.. Then there is the Beattie kid, his herky jerky windup is deceiving, he throws the ball pretty well. They also have a sophmore which really impresses me.

Playoffs are often a best of three set, and I believe Harleton has the deepest pitching rotation around. You just never know if it's gonna be a one game set or a three till ya flip...

You may be rite, maybe not. Only time will tell. When Billy King is on his game, he is very good. I do believe Chase Jones has thrown a no hitter as well, and I don't think he has been scored on yet. Key word "yet". I watched the ND game, he was a little off for him, but he still threw a 2 hitter against a usually high scoring ND team.. Then there is the Beattie kid, his herky jerky windup is deceiving, he throws the ball pretty well. They also have a sophmore which really impresses me.

Playoffs are often a best of three set, and I believe Harleton has the deepest pitching rotation around. You just never know if it's gonna be a one game set or a three till ya flip...

beattie couldn't hold ware's jockstrap. and king may have thrown a no hitter, but really who have they played?

beattie couldn't hold ware's jockstrap. and king may have thrown a no hitter, but really who have they played?

Sorry dude but you can't use that argument. Who did ware throw the no no against? Don't get me wrong he's a great ball player but ug is not good. I know that is my own team and all but we havnt seen anything in the 80s all year. So you can't really use that argument

I can understand that union grove team is not a great team. Ware has throw 21innings this year and has faced Mineola and Spring Hill. He has only given up 2 runs off one bad pitch. I would say giving up 4 hits vs Spring Hill and 3 hits vs Mineola is throwing well against two pretty good teams.

We also understand that Mineola and Spring Hill are overrated. They are not waskom and linden