Sports Talk to move to FM Dial

Smoaky

Effective Monday, April 27th, Sports Talk will move from AM600 KTBB to 92.1FM KDOK (will soon be KTBB-FM).

Here's my conversation with Paul Gleiser of Gleiser Communications, LLC, who explains how the switch will allow me to fulfill a dream of reaching an even larger audience without a signal or power change, especially during the evening during the fall.

Sports Talk to move to FM Dial .

David Smoak

Effective Monday, April 27th, Sports Talk will move from AM600 KTBB to 92.1FM KDOK (will soon be KTBB-FM).

Here's my conversation with Paul Gleiser of Gleiser Communications, LLC, who explains how the switch will allow me to fulfill a dream of reaching an even larger audience without a signal or power change, especially during the evening during the fall.

Sports Talk to move to FM Dial .

David Smoak

Will we be able to get a feed over the internet, regardless of location?

Will we be able to get a feed over the internet, regardless of location?

netexas92,

Yes, you will still be able to get an internet feed of SportsTalk and all of our other shows regardless of location. The only difference might be that you have to access it from a different site. I know that our webmaster is working very hard to get the new 92.1 KTBB-FM site ready to put in place of the KDOK site on April 27th. Live streaming, podcasts, etc. will definitely still be available. Nothing that we do is really changing except for the frequencies.

Craig Smoak

netexas92,

Yes, you will still be able to get an internet feed of SportsTalk and all of our other shows regardless of location. The only difference might be that you have to access it from a different site. I know that our webmaster is working very hard to get the new 92.1 KTBB-FM site ready to put in place of the KDOK site on April 27th. Live streaming, podcasts, etc. will definitely still be available. Nothing that we do is really changing except for the frequencies.

Craig Smoak

hey david, i saw you on the tube last night, i believe the old smoakster is looking younger. maybe it was the sweater outfit.

hey david, i saw you on the tube last night, i believe the old smoakster is looking younger. maybe it was the sweater outfit.

The sweater outfit helps cover the gravity issues at the waist.

Not getting any younger, in fact about to hit the big 50!

While at the doctor about 2-months ago, he asked my age and I said I'll be 50 in 2 1/2 months.

He said, okay good, you have 2 1/2 months until you're all mine.

Ouch.

Smoaky

I can get the AM signal,But not the FM....what a bummer! :huh:

Where do you live and/or work?

Smoaky

Is this just for Sportstalk or is the whole programming moving to 92.1?

KTBB-AM will stay basically the same, except for Sportstalk moving out. This will allow all 3 hours of Hannity to be heard w/o interruption.

92.1 KDOK will become KTBB-FM. They will have the same morning show as the AM station. I think Dave Ramsey will proceed Smoaky with Dr Laura somewhere in the mix also.

I'm excited about the changes, they allow more live local sports to be heard also. More choice is a good thing.

KTBB-AM will stay basically the same, except for Sportstalk moving out. This will allow all 3 hours of Hannity to be heard w/o interruption.

92.1 KDOK will become KTBB-FM. They will have the same morning show as the AM station. I think Dave Ramsey will proceed Smoaky with Dr Laura somewhere in the mix also.

I'm excited about the changes, they allow more live local sports to be heard also. More choice is a good thing.

THANKS

Unable to listen to Sports Talk in Marshall. There is a FM station 92.3 which is a Spanish station. We cannot pick up the 92.1 signal.

From all indications, KTBB-FM will drop right about Marshall, and we have a few options to change that in the near future.

However, in my 19 1/2 years of hosting the show, I've taken no more than a handful of calls from Marshall, I know we've had email from Marshall---but few calls.

The biggest difference will come during the football season and especially around mid-October.

I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but if you have an iPhone, you can listen to KTBB-FM anytime, live and loud.

And there's always the online streaming, ktbb.com with the following information to allow you on at no-charge.

Username: free

Password: pass

Smoaky

And there's always the online streaming, ktbb.com with the following information to allow you on at no-charge.

Smoaky

:thumbsup: Thanks Smoaky, I haven't been able to catch the show since moving to Aggieland.

Great to hear that.

"NOW"-- if only we could do a Long.-Tyler joint Sports talk show; that would be awesome. Now retired after 30 yrs. @ the City of LGV. PARD Dept.-- I've got the time. Gosh; we could make "Greenberg/Golic, Myers/Hartman, & Dan Patrick take a back seat to us. You know Paul G. could make it happen. Working a sports talk show with "YOU"-the man; would be a dream come true. C U!!

From all indications, KTBB-FM will drop right about Marshall, and we have a few options to change that in the near future.

However, in my 19 1/2 years of hosting the show, I've taken no more than a handful of calls from Marshall, I know we've had email from Marshall---but few calls.

The biggest difference will come during the football season and especially around mid-October.

I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but if you have an iPhone, you can listen to KTBB-FM anytime, live and loud.

Smoaky

Smoaky, last time I checked our zip code in Marshall (Harrison County) doesn't qualify for the online streaming on ktbb.com. 92.1 in Marshall is some Hispanic music station broadcast out of Shreveport I was told. I haven't been able to pick up your show since the change over. You have to live in Smith, Gregg, or Cherokee County to qualify for the online streaming. Bummer deal for us in Harrison County and beyond!

Smoaky, I love your show and all, but I am saddened.

92.1 was the only station left of it's kind around Tyler/Longview.

Classic Rock, the Oldies, and what not.

As far as I know, it was a complete transformation to talk radio, is this right?

If so, I think you should replace any one of the 50+ "modern" stations.

But regardless, I'm sure to enjoy you alot more on Friday Nights, since coming back from away games and going on home, it sounded like you were talking into a pillow!

:D

Anyways, wish you the best with the new station!

Smoaky, last time I checked our zip code in Marshall (Harrison County) doesn't qualify for the online streaming on ktbb.com. 92.1 in Marshall is some Hispanic music station broadcast out of Shreveport I was told. I haven't been able to pick up your show since the change over. You have to live in Smith, Gregg, or Cherokee County to qualify for the online streaming. Bummer deal for us in Harrison County and beyond!

KirtFalcon,

Please read carefully.

Hint-Hint.

Hint-Hint.

Smoaky