Hallsville vs Texas High

Catmaniac

Will we get the much anticipated Peterson - Turley matchup?

Turley pitched a full game Monday and Peterson pitched 5 innings on Tuesday. Will 4+ days for Turley and 3+ days for Peterson be enough rest for the matchup I have been waiting for?

It looks like the Bobcats are beginning to get their mojo back in the batter's box so I'll go with Cats if it matches up with the aces :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, im putting all bets on Hallsville if they keep playing like they have as of lately. But im sure not only for the win... Coaches will pitch these two for a classic showdown.

If Turley pitches im putting all bets on Texas High. Not taking anything away from Peterson, but Ive seen Turley to many times. Actually i don't think Peterson will even pitch. Not enough rest.

If Turley pitches im putting all bets on Texas High. Not taking anything away from Peterson, but Ive seen Turley to many times. Actually i don't think Peterson will even pitch. Not enough rest.

I would normally agree with you but Peterson only pitched 5 innings due to the mercy rule and there is no game until late next week after this game. I don't think his pitch count was very high so he may be good to go on Saturday. Plus he hasn't thrown much this year due to the early season knee injury. Not saying you are wrong because you probably aren't but just giving reasons why I think he possibly could throw against TH.

whats the difference, how many innings did turley pitch on monday?

The difference is a day, obveously, and i don't have any idea how long Turley went on Monday. They could both go if that's what the coaches want to do, but personally i just don't think Peterson will. Turley may not either for that matter. I do know one thing for sure. If i was the coach of either team i make sure my aces are ready to go for this game, no matter what i have to do. :hmm: Maybe that the reason im not a coach

The difference is a day, obveously, and i don't have any idea how long Turley went on Monday. They could both go if that's what the coaches want to do, but personally i just don't think Peterson will. Turley may not either for that matter. I do know one thing for sure. If i was the coach of either team i make sure my aces are ready to go for this game, no matter what i have to do. Maybe that the reason im not a coach

well thats kind of my point, its just a day lol

why would it make a lot of difference for turley over peterson?

I believe the game went into extra innings - so I am assuming that Turley at least pitched a full 7 innings. Notice I said assuming. I can hope they will match up ace to ace especially with no game in the first half of next week.

Doesn't TH play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of this week?

well thats kind of my point, its just a day lol

why would it make a lot of difference for turley over peterson?

For pitchers a day of rest can make a big difference, especially from 3 days to 4. I don't know how many man rotation either team pitches but if Turley pitched Mon and their going with a 3 man rotation and are playing games Tues, Fri, and Sat. then Saturday would be his normal rotation. Thats why it wouldn't surprise me if he went. The Hallsville coach stayed in his regular rotation the first time these two played which makes me think he wont throw Peterson on 3 days rest this time. I hope im wrong and you guys get your match-up.

For pitchers a day of rest can make a big difference, especially from 3 days to 4. I don't know how many man rotation either team pitches but if Turley pitched Mon and their going with a 3 man rotation and are playing games Tues, Fri, and Sat. then Saturday would be his normal rotation. Thats why it wouldn't surprise me if he went. The Hallsville coach stayed in his regular rotation the first time these two played which makes me think he wont throw Peterson on 3 days rest this time. I hope im wrong and you guys get your match-up.

except that he only threw 5 innings (which is my thing) or id be worried as well

and because it could be (essentially) for the district championsihp one way or another

whats the deal with heathcott? is he not back from his shoulder deal (and wasnt it his non pitching hsoulder) -- is he officially not pitching at all this year/not going to be released to?

Slade played his 1st game (in the field) on Tuesday. He has not pitched this year. Don't see how he could be ready to pitch anytime soon without any type of conditioning.

Wrecked his knee in football, came into baseball late, & then injured the shoulder diving for a ball. He's probably the biggest stick in the lineup & arguably the best pitcher. But you go with what you can. I'm sure other teams are dealing with injuries too. At least it hasn't been catastrophic like happened to us in football.