high school 1a football 09-10

footballfiend

Slapstick, you have no clue what you are talking about. I am the basketball coach at Cayuga and I would say we get less time on the basketball court than most any school you could name. WE DID NOT PICK A BALL UP UNTIL DEC. 28 THIS PAST YEAR. Our kids are not basketballing now. We are lifting and running everday. Bottom line is you are speaking out of turn about something you are clueless about. Ya our kids enjoy basketball, and we are successful at it. Have a wonderful day.

Greg Jenkins

Cayuga Boys Basketball

But coach...that can't be true!!! You know all those basketball coaches on here that say you can't win at basketball if you lift all those heavy weights and go through a tough off season!!!LOLOLOL (please note the sarcasm!!) You guys do a great job with your programs...we hope we can be that successful in the future!! Keep up the good work!!

I would say Cayuga could win big or small. They have unbelievable talent. All they have to do is replace a center and QB.

We'll see, I think Alto will knock them off next year and be back on top of the district. 9 back on defense and all 5 OL plus couple skill guys. And I believe Cayuga lost 3/5 OL

We'll see, I think Alto will knock them off next year and be back on top of the district. 9 back on defense and all 5 OL plus couple skill guys. And I believe Cayuga lost 3/5 OL

I highly doubt Alto will knock off Cayuga. They got a taste of what it felt like to play in the state championship game last year, and they were not thrilled about their performance. I think they will come back this year stronger and a lot more hungrier to get back to state!

Excuse me Mr. Jenkins if I spoke out of turn, as you say, but from what I hear you guys couldn't put a 4x400 team together to go to the state track meet. I know by watching your kids play football and basketball that you guys could have put one heck of a 4x400 team together if not for kids playing basketball right now. By the way this is just from what I have heard from some of your community members. I am not telling their names, because I have not asked them if they wanted me to.

Now as far as practice time on the court, well I don't know how much time you actually spent on it, but I would say that the kids themselves probably stay on it more than just at practice. They love the game of basketball probably more than they love other sports. Nothing wrong with that either. It is usually what has always been shown to be the so-called family sport in some places. Moms and Dads get out their and play with thier kids, when they don't in other sports. It is that way in several towns. I know a school that only practiced in the mornings for about an 1hr. So to say you practiced less than most teams, that may be a little misleading. You got to practice, but for a lot less because of the shortened season; that may be the case.

By the way, Congrats on all the sports(Baseball, Basketball, Football) that you have done well in this year. I hope every one sees that you guys do an unbelievable job of talent development and great coaching. I wish you luck in this and next year. I hope you guys win it all.

Stick :thumbsup:

Could make a run for state:

Don't really know what Alto has coming back,...but they'll make a run as usual,...Lovelady did very well in their district and with their schedule and all with a pretty young team...Cayuga will be in there for sure....Maud will be,....what does Mt. E have coming back? can anyone tell me? They were pretty freakn good last year....

oh,...and I have to say my Grapeland Sandies will make a push for it as well....

SLAPSTICK. You got bad info. and I doubt very seriously it was a " community member" if indeed somebody did tell u that I got good idea who it was AND HE IS NOT A COMMUNITY MEMBER. You said "if they could stay of the court long enough they could win big or small football"...My response is that BASKETBALL DOES NOT LEAD TO US NOT WINNING FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS" The cowards that are talking about OUR 4X400 KIDS need to come speak to me...I am in this for all the kids, in ALL the sports and I take bigtime offense to ANYBODY taking cowardly, cheapshots at OUR KIDS. I support all programs and I will continue to do so. ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT. I COACH FOOTBALL AS HARD AS I DO BASKETBALL. I get so tired the football vs basketball ####. Did it ever cross your mind that BASKETBALL HAS A PLACE IN THE LIFE OF SOME KIDS AND COACHES . Ya we have kids at Cayuga that love basketball MORE THAN FOOTBALL AND TRACK....STONE THEM, KICK THEM OUT OF ATHLETICS, ACCUSE THEM OF COSTING US FB AND TRACK TITLES..GIMME A BREAK! If what you say is true about OUR KIDS AND THE TRACK COMMENT....THEN PASS THIS ON....SEND THOSE COWARDS MY WAY. We have great kids, sports here at Cayuga and they all deserve the same....

COACH JENKINS

CAYUGA

Excuse me Mr. Jenkins if I spoke out of turn, as you say, but from what I hear you guys couldn't put a 4x400 team together to go to the state track meet. I know by watching your kids play football and basketball that you guys could have put one heck of a 4x400 team together if not for kids playing basketball right now. By the way this is just from what I have heard from some of your community members. I am not telling their names, because I have not asked them if they wanted me to.

Now as far as practice time on the court, well I don't know how much time you actually spent on it, but I would say that the kids themselves probably stay on it more than just at practice. They love the game of basketball probably more than they love other sports. Nothing wrong with that either. It is usually what has always been shown to be the so-called family sport in some places. Moms and Dads get out their and play with thier kids, when they don't in other sports. It is that way in several towns. I know a school that only practiced in the mornings for about an 1hr. So to say you practiced less than most teams, that may be a little misleading. You got to practice, but for a lot less because of the shortened season; that may be the case.

By the way, Congrats on all the sports(Baseball, Basketball, Football) that you have done well in this year. I hope every one sees that you guys do an unbelievable job of talent development and great coaching. I wish you luck in this and next year. I hope you guys win it all.

what the heck are you talking about? we couldn't put together a relay team because of basketball? you're clueless...so don't congratulate us as you did so in your last paragraph. we don't need your congrats nor do we want them. i would write more but if you'll excuse me, i've got to get to basketball practice so that we can ruin the baseball playoffs.

By the way, I was reminded by some of our track/football/basketball KIDS that are STUDS in both sports and just happen to have read these insane statements that "community members" are saying.... They said that that whoever thinks basketball at Cayuga cost THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM OR TRACK PROGRAM JUST DUMB" JUST DUMB PEOPLE COACH". Not my words, THOSE ARE THE WORDS OF HIGH SCHOOL JRS.

I really wish I knew who you claim made those statements. PM me if you will. This burns me up. Our kids give our heart and soul to all sports and this mess is what they get in return. BASKETBALL COST FOOTBALL AND/OR TRACK..PLEASE......Man you have no idea. I could really tell you what those kids said, but I will save that for your ''COMMUNITY MEMBER"..........

if they can stay off the basketball court long enough, I would say Cayuga could win big or small. They have unbelievable talent. All they have to do is replace a center and QB.

you sound like a cayuga football coach or buddy of a football coach trying to pass the buck on why you couldnt get it done! lay off the hoops squad and coach! maybe if they could keep some of the basketball players off the gridiron then they could win it all in basketball.... point taken yet?

Hang on just a second here!! Basketball cost football a state championship and a relay team at state?? Seriously?? Didn't basketball in Cayuga lose in the regional semis or finals?? Didn't the football team make it to the state finals??

Heck, by your logic one might conclude that if the kids spent less time on the football field and more time on the court Cayuga would have a state championship in basketball.....see....that type of idiotic logic can work both ways.

Anything that starts with "I heard" is a waste of time. You know nothing.

I heard . . . blah, blah, blah. I can't tell you who said it, but I heard . . . blah, blah, blah.

If kids want to get out and play basketball on their own, how is that the coaches fault? And by the way, that's not an organized practice. What school did you hear of that practiced in the morning? Can you reveal that, or did you not ask them for their permission?

Hey Slappy,

How come, with almost no small school kids playing basketball and not football, its ALWAYS those few kids that are keeping the football team and other sports down. With tons of coaches and almost every athletic kid in football, it seems to always be about the few kids football doesn't have, rather than the huge majority that they do have.

You sound like another ignorant parent / ex-high school hero who hasn't a clue what coaching and teaching entails. If you are a coach...you're an excuse-making basketball-hating loser. Coach em up. Don't make excuses and put it on the few you don't have.

By the way, I wish Cayuga all the luck in the world, and hope they continue to support all of their wonderful teams and student/athletes.

OK I thought this thread was about "HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IN 1a for 2009-2010".....ignore the jibber jabber...people say the darnest things.....Cayuga has established themseleves again in all sports dang! End of discussion..

People better watching out for Alto.....they layed low last year but i see them trying to make a run yet again..and of course my Wildcats of YUGA state finalist...The boys should be in for another fun run!!!!!!....and of course you have the lovelady's, mart's, bremond's, and grapeland's of the world!!! Region III is always loaded with talent!!! I cant speak for west texas and south texas football.....