"Climate Change"

Fivehead

In 1504, Christopher Columbus and his crew were held hostage for a period of time by the natives of Jamaica. Columbus, reading a from a text by a German astronomer, discovered that there would be a lunar eclipse on February 29th. Late that afternoon, he called together the tribal leaders and told them that if he and his crew were not released, God would be displeased and would steal the moon from the sky. Of course, the eclipse occurred as predicted and the terrified natives released Columbus and his men.

In 1990, Al Gore noticed that global temperatures were rising slightly. He quickly assembled an organization to convince the American public that this natural occurrence was THEIR fault. Global temperatures rose until 1998, at which time they, as always occurs naturally, began to decline. But it was too late. The sheeplike American population, quivering in fear, quickly grabbed on to this "global warming" idea and began clamoring for the great Al Gore to save them.

Do you notice any parallels with these two stories?

The things our children are taught now as fact, about climate change, is troubling. My sons are in junior high and they often tell me about what they are taught on global warming. I explain to them although their text books blame the human race but there is more to the story than they are taught. They shouldn't fall into the "ignorant natives" category because I teach them to look further than the mainstream ideologies.

My daughter is going to college next year and will be majoring in meteorology. She is anxiously awaiting the discussions with those who are all about global warming. In her study of weather she is absolutely sure there is no such thing (she has learned this on her own, we tried very hard not to influence it) I am actually hoping that she won't encounter all that much opposition (just a mom thing) but i am sure she will be able to hold her own.

I am continually amazed at how people think we could even do that much damage. I am also amazed that people just accept this stuff as fact even when they see evidence to the contrary just by looking out their window.

I don't think there is enough data to say there is "global warming". The earth goes through cycles, some summers are hot some are cold, the same applies to winter. We have only had researchers at the poles for the last 50 years. We have only had weather satellites for the past 40. This is not enough time to come to any conclusions or even the "global warming" hypothesis". I think we can only know with at least 200 years of study.

I don't have a problem with some forms of conservation. I don't have any problem with people recycling products. Again, my parents lived through The Depression. I don't believe in going to extremes. I think we should be stewards of the Earth. I think the global warming fiasco is overhype to make Al Gore and his cronies money. There hasn't been a day of 90 degrees where I'm at, and usually in Texas there are several in the month of May. I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

I don't think there is enough data to say there is "global warming". The earth goes through cycles, some summers are hot some are cold, the same applies to winter. We have only had researchers at the poles for the last 50 years. We have only had weather satellites for the past 40. This is not enough time to come to any conclusions or even the "global warming" hypothesis". I think we can only know with at least 200 years of study.

I don't have a problem with some forms of conservation. I don't have any problem with people recycling products. Again, my parents lived through The Depression. I don't believe in going to extremes. I think we should be stewards of the Earth. I think the global warming fiasco is overhype to make Al Gore and his cronies money. There hasn't been a day of 90 degrees where I'm at, and usually in Texas there are several in the month of May. I don't see what all the hoopla is about.

Well said Dave, we should be stewards of the earth.