Best band around

coach35

Pittsburg the best band in all the land!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

The best bands in all of East Texas are Lindale, Longview, Canton, and Nacogdoches (In no particular order). Queen City and New Boston are also outstanding programs, but they lack the size of the first four. The band at North Lamar in Paris is also very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Center High School is a band that's quietly kickin butt and taking names. Its growing in size and is a constant sweepstakes band. Very good marching style and quality and very technical and musical playing. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

• 4 weeks later...

I would have to say Robert E. Lee and because of several reasons: inner-city school, not so great demographics, scheduling issues to where marching is only rehearsed after school, and for 3 directors with nearly 280 kids. When they compete with schools from the DFW area, they rank right there with them all and when you here them on stage at contest, you will be amazed at the literature being performed at the high standard. Bobby Castillo has done a great job of building that program up to being successful. Considering all things, Robert E. Lee HS Band is the best!

www.relband.org

When it comes to military marching in 2A level

Union Grove is king.

Just throwing it out there. White Oak isn't sitting silently anymore. Big things are happening. The contest will be between Union Grove and White Oak. This is a state year for them

Just throwing it out there. White Oak isn't sitting silently anymore. Big things are happening. The contest will be between Union Grove and White Oak. This is a state year for them

With Union Grove's success in past years, I dont see us having trouble with many bands except QC and NB.

It's got to be Queen City, The heart and soul of that small band puts the 4A's to shame. I've never heard a small band like that make you say, "All one's"

Don't look for QC to maintain their dominance like they have. It is amazing what a year and a good senior class can make. When I saw them this past year they were a shadow of their '07 State Champion Band.

Don't look for QC to maintain their dominance like they have. It is amazing what a year and a good senior class can make. When I saw them this past year they were a shadow of their '07 State Champion Band.

Don't get me wrong...they will still be competitive in AA and, IMO, have a 99% chance of going to state again and probably making finals...but don't look for them to show up AAA and AAAA bands like they did from '05-'07.

If I am wrong then I am wrong, but with what I am hearing watch for this in the future.

Queen City will always have the capability of bouncing back, they may have lost a good group of senions, but thats just more of a chance for new leaders to step up. Being from UG, Queen City is always competition to us, I dont see any reason for that to change as long as the effort is put forth.

Queen City will always have the capability of bouncing back, they may have lost a good group of senions, but thats just more of a chance for new leaders to step up. Being from UG, Queen City is always competition to us, I dont see any reason for that to change as long as the effort is put forth.

Also, UQ will always have a great band b/c the middle school is always outstanding and continues to send up good musicians...maybe therein lies the difference that will start to show.

Hands down Whitehouse and Hallsville, always on top of their regions and always making state, Hallsville has one if not the most tradition rich Band in East Texas. Crowds are always pleased at Halftime. Not to mention they have the biggest band ive seen even through 5A...

Mount Pleasant is more intertaining IMO they play the same stuff week after week but its different from everyone elses play.

Hands down Whitehouse and Hallsville, always on top of their regions and always making state, Hallsville has one if not the most tradition rich Band in East Texas. Crowds are always pleased at Halftime. Not to mention they have the biggest band ive seen even through 5A...

Mount Pleasant is more intertaining IMO they play the same stuff week after week but its different from everyone elses play.

tradition rich? sure. quite mediocre though. bigger is not better. a football crowd typically is not an accurate judge of quality. hallsville does not currently live up to its potential. wish they did though.

Nacogdoches and Lindale have had really great bands the last few years. I thought Lindale looked better than any other band at region last year. Pine Tree was good, just sluggish and a bit sloppy, it seemed like half way through their drill they got tired. Longview looked sloppy too, probably the worst they've marched in a long time, but good enough.

Also, saying that getting a 1 at UIL makes Hallsville the best is absurd. Most bands at contest get ones. Longview has gotten a one for 59 straight years and I don't think they're anywhere near the best band around.