Pine Tree Shortstop selected to Sunbelt Team

coach19

Brett McAfee, the Soph. shortstop at Pine Tree, was selected to play in the sophmore Sunbelt games on June 4-7 in Edmond, Oklahoma. The players are selected by the THSBCA. 40 players in the state are picked for 2 Texas teams to play against teams from Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, California, Arizona, Mississippi, and Canada. Brett was just selected the Offensive Player of the Year in District 13AAAA. He hit .515 with 6 Home runs this season.

Brett McAfee, the Soph. shortstop at Pine Tree, was selected to play in the sophmore Sunbelt games on June 4-7 in Edmond, Oklahoma. The players are selected by the THSBCA. 40 players in the state are picked for 2 Texas teams to play against teams from Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, California, Arizona, Mississippi, and Canada. Brett was just selected the Offensive Player of the Year in District 13AAAA. He hit .515 with 6 Home runs this season.

This will be just one of many awards in Brett's future. Outstanding baseball talent as well as young man.

I watched PT a few weeks back and saw Brett play. Congratulations, he is a great player. My question is what is the process for a player to be selected for this honor? Does someone have to nominate them and if so, how many are nominated, who nominates them, etc.?

When the stats came out in the LNJ it was a very impressive season for the young man. I knew he was a great hitter but I had no idea he dominated the district in almost every offensive category. I looks like a well deserved honor for the young man. Congratulations and only a sophomore. Wow!

I watched PT a few weeks back and saw Brett play. Congratulations, he is a great player. My question is what is the process for a player to be selected for this honor? Does someone have to nominate them and if so, how many are nominated, who nominates them, etc.?

I guess nobody knows?

• 2 weeks later...
I guess nobody knows?

Coaches nominate the players, who are then reviewed by a committee that looks at statistics and talked to baseball people to get the lowdown on a nominee. The committee then selects 40 sophomores and 40 seniors, creating two 20-player teams per age group