Eli Manning or Tony Romo....Who's better?

Until Tony can become a leader for the Cowboys, he does not deserve the kudo's that many give him. Football is a team effort, I think all of us have played the wonderful sport that is Football. I'll voice my opinion on the Cowboys, because they are my team.

You don't hear me talking about the Ravens, Dolphins, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Cardinals, and many other NFL teams. I don't care about them, I'm concerned with the Dallas Cowboys and their opponents. I expect excellence from the Dallas Cowboys. I expect the Head Coach and the Quarterback to be the face of the team.

If Tony Romo was throwing 5 interceptions a game, and fumbling 3 snaps, but the Cowboys were winning I wouldn't say a thing. Those mistakes can't happen for the Cowboys to achieve their goals as a team. Turnovers aren't luck, they are mistakes, even the interception that bounced off of Wittens ankle was thrown behind him. Accuracy matters.

There is a reason that teams keep track of interceptions, fumbles. and in the baseball world #### and errors. They are unacceptable in the professional world of sports.

The one thing I can say about Tony Romo is he is consistently inconsistent, which is an oxymoron. I can say the same for Flozell Adams. I'm not going to give my team a free pass to perform beneath their ability. I never was given a free pass in life. How anyone can be happy with the way the Cowboys played on Sunday night is beyond me.

People can be happy because parts of the teams play was excellent! It just as easy could have been a win.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can be happy because parts of the teams play was excellent! It just as easy could have been a win.

Losing only makes one better, and I have yet to see the Cowboys become better due to their losses. They tuck their tales between their legs, and think no different because of it. Losing is not acceptable, failure to accomplish one's goals is not something to achieve. I understand each and everyone of us have setbacks, either you grow from it and become better or you become complacent. The Cowboys have shown complacency for the past 13 years. It's time for the Cowboys to become better as an organization.

Thinking back to the days of Coach Landry, the only time that you saw him smile was after a Super Bowl victory. Coach Landry was tough, but he was fair. He didn't hoo rah, he expected results. Coach Landry wasn't perfect, but the Cowboys were consistently vying to win a Lombardi Trophy. I miss those days, and I sure don't expect anything less from my Cowboys today.

Losing only makes one better, and I have yet to see the Cowboys become better due to their losses. They tuck their tales between their legs, and think no different because of it. Losing is not acceptable, failure to accomplish one's goals is not something to achieve. I understand each and everyone of us have setbacks, either you grow from it and become better or you become complacent. The Cowboys have shown complacency for the past 13 years. It's time for the Cowboys to become better as an organization.

Thinking back to the days of Coach Landry, the only time that you saw him smile was after a Super Bowl victory. Coach Landry was tough, but he was fair. He didn't hoo rah, he expected results. Coach Landry wasn't perfect, but the Cowboys were consistently vying to win a Lombardi Trophy. I miss those days, and I sure don't expect anything less from my Cowboys today.

The team is almost a completely different team from top to bottom over the last 13 years. There is no where they are staying status quo. Well for one we wanted our rushing offense to be better this last week. Second we wanted to shut down new yorks rushing game. Those are two major differences from the Tampa Bay game. Looks like there was improvement there.

Just because a coach can be on the sidelines all stoic and non expressive? That makes him a good or great coach? You are sadly mistaken if you think Landry was not very expressive. I've been to practices and games. He was.

Phillips expects results just like Landry or any other coach. He holds the players accountable and they understand what needs to be done.

Dallas is only 1 and 1 on the season. Yeah its time to really panic!

The team is almost a completely different team from top to bottom over the last 13 years. There is no where they are staying status quo. Well for one we wanted our rushing offense to be better this last week. Second we wanted to shut down new yorks rushing game. Those are two major differences from the Tampa Bay game. Looks like there was improvement there.

Just because a coach can be on the sidelines all stoic and non expressive? That makes him a good or great coach? You are sadly mistaken if you think Landry was not very expressive. I've been to practices and games. He was.

Phillips expects results just like Landry or any other coach. He holds the players accountable and they understand what needs to be done.

Dallas is only 1 and 1 on the season. Yeah its time to really panic!

I know he was, but he never smiled unless there was a Super Bowl victory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwYAFFV5GE .