2010 Season!

upper90

Just wanted to start a NEW Topic about next years predictions!!

Kind of getting tired of looking at the same old posts and topics.

Put your thoughts out there for (boys and girls) playoff teams, district champs, district standings, etc.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I think the Mt. Pleasant boys will be the team to beat, considering how they played at the end of the seaason. And how few of the players they lost

They might be ok, but watch out for those SS wildcats. I have heard great things about them and expect them to be headed to the tournament. They have a phenomenal Coach and a superb Asst. Coach that is on the verge of big things himself. There is absolutely no reason they shouldn't win it all. I have watched many games and seen them win games simply by the adjustments their staff make at half. NOTICE HAS BEEN ISSUED!

They might be ok, but watch out for those SS wildcats. I have heard great things about them and expect them to be headed to the tournament. They have a phenomenal Coach and a superb Asst. Coach that is on the verge of big things himself. There is absolutely no reason they shouldn't win it all. I have watched many games and seen them win games simply by the adjustments their staff make at half. NOTICE HAS BEEN ISSUED!

I agree. I heard they were ready to make a run out there. I have seen my share of games as well and also have to agree that they make great adjustments and could win games with 8 players if they had to. SS is very lucky to have hit the jackpot with these 2 up and coming studs.

if they are so salty at coahing then why havent they made a big run before. you guys talk trash every year and lose by the 2nd round and if you got past the 2nd it was cuz the comp was to easy.

Yeah, Regional Finals wouldnt be considered a big run, and if I remember correctly they beat a very good Athens team to get there. Choke on it toohot.

On the girls side I feel that it will be a close race again in our district between, Lindale-Chapel Hill-Whitehouse for the top spot! A lot of changes for these schools for next season!!

As far as CH goes, we have a new coach coming :thumbsup: Ashley Aparicio our awesome midfielder will be back for her Sr. year :thumbsup: The entire team will be veteran players (don't know of any freshman players coming in) :thumbsup: We have a new AD that is great and as excited about the girls athletic program as he is the boys!! :thumbsup: So hopefully CH Lady Bulldogs will have a great season in 2010!!

I am sure the Nac girls will be favored as well.

How does the rest of the district pan out, that is the question!

I predict the Nac girls to be stong contenders as usual for the District, and expect Jacksonville and Palestine to battle for the second spot. Jacksonville should have an awesome sweeper coming back to control the defense, but Palestine will have multiple players coming back that have quickness and whom will be difficult to keep up with the entire game.

My predictions;

1. Nac

2. Palestine

3. Jacksonville

Just wanted to start a NEW Topic about next years predictions!!

Kind of getting tired of looking at the same old posts and topics.

Put your thoughts out there for (boys and girls) playoff teams, district champs, district standings, etc.

On the girls side I feel that it will be a close race again in our district between, Lindale-Chapel Hill-Whitehouse for the top spot! A lot of changes for these schools for next season!!

As far as CH goes, we have a new coach coming :thumbsup: Ashley Aparicio our awesome midfielder will be back for her Sr. year :thumbsup: The entire team will be veteran players (don't know of any freshman players coming in) :thumbsup: We have a new AD that is great and as excited about the girls athletic program as he is the boys!! :thumbsup: So hopefully CH Lady Bulldogs will have a great season in 2010!!

This year will be interesting between CH girls and Lindale girls for sure! Lindale lost 8 or 9 seniors, and that's gonna hurt. But we also have some good solid juniors coming up that have been playing for many years in rec. with those outgoing seniors, so that old team isn't gone yet :-) I'm glad to hear Ashley Aparicio is in good shape and will be returning. She's a really good player and should have an awesome senior year!! FYI, I hear Coach Hicks won't be coaching the girls soccer program next season. Might just be a rumor, but that's what's going around town. I just hope we don't wind up with a tennis, golf or volleyball coach this time. :-)

This year will be interesting between CH girls and Lindale girls for sure! Lindale lost 8 or 9 seniors, and that's gonna hurt. But we also have some good solid juniors coming up that have been playing for many years in rec. with those outgoing seniors, so that old team isn't gone yet :-) I'm glad to hear Ashley Aparicio is in good shape and will be returning. She's a really good player and should have an awesome senior year!! FYI, I hear Coach Hicks won't be coaching the girls soccer program next season. Might just be a rumor, but that's what's going around town. I just hope we don't wind up with a tennis, golf or volleyball coach this time. :-)

From what I understand the Lindale coach will be leaving the team and going into administration and after talking to some of the Lindale parents they are worried about who is going to replace him also!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LONGVIEW

pinetree/henderson (could go either way, im pulling for pine tree to beat henderson without Lee's)

Marshall

Hallsville

Kilgore

Longview beat out pine tree, and tore up henderson, with returners and some more new club players they should take the prize easily, probably going deep in playoff once again.

lindale longview rematch coming up? probably. lets hope so to see some good soccer.

• 1 month later...
What can you tell us about him? I heard he was a assistant coach and that he is young.

He's definitely more ambitious than the former Girls coach, he is more prompt and works the girls harder, but he fell into one of those seasons that has to recover from a very very strong graduating class, so we might not see the results we want right off, but i think in the long run he will be better for the girls team.