2010 Season!

upper90

pitchblack.........I read your first couple posts then I had to stop because you clearly have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. And I doubt you saw a lady lobo game last year because if you had then you would have known that nearly all of their most talented players were underclassmen. Yes they lost their #1 scorer, but not to infer anything bad about that girl because she was a very good player, but was by no means lobos best offensive player. And saying they lost their best 3 defenders....wow give me a break, Gizelle Rios was outstanding and played an attacking defensive position, but the best pure defensive player was clearly freshman Jo Adams. You are extremely ignorant if you do not think that Longview will most likely win district, im not saying they will have it handed it to them, but they are far and beyond the clear cut favorites. They will have to earn it though.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see tomorrow if the Longview boys can compete against MP.

They scrimmage at Lear Park at 8:30 a.m.

No all games tomorrow are on the Longview HS grass field. However, last year Mt. Pleasant had a totally different group of guys at regular season that wasnt there at scrimmage time. Many go to mexico for the holidays. So I wouldnt put much stock in deciding how good either team is based on tomorrow. Longviews challenge is next weekend against: odessa permian, richardson pearce, and flower mound

I come back from a little holiday time off and find that I must not only defend the merits of my conclusion but also the question itself. Not to mention pulling all the claws out of my back from loobboo who I can only conclude is a Lady Lobo defender’s mom. Well ok, let’s get it on.

Rednblack, you’re first. Thanks for the playoff information on Pinetree, as I suspected they did in fact make the playoff each of the last ten years with only four playoff appearances for Longview. I will also agree with you on your talent and leadership point with this one caveat. I think that their youth will be a greater negative factor than the incoming talent can overcome. I also agree that 32-4A is not a strong district top to bottom and Longview is clearly capable of winning it. But the question is not whether they are capable or not, its whether they will.

Now as to what’s a more interesting debate. Judging by the non-existent responses to your “more interesting debate” I can only conclude that your proposal for debate is not interesting and certainly not relevant. The mere fact that Longview, is in fact, the consensus favorite to win district and will obviously make the playoffs suggests to me that the only compelling debate is the one that we have been debating.

Your turn Futbolfan

“If I'm not mistaken, aflopper has just stated that they play club soccer at extremely high levels.”

According to the information I was given, many of the Longview girls play for a Sting team in Tyler. If I’m not mistaken their team is a middle of the road Lake Highland Div. II team. While impressive, I think it’s a big, big stretch to consider that an “extremely high level”.

Now to you loobboo

Ok, mom, pull your claws in. I am not disparaging the individual talent of Ms. Adams or any of the other Longview defenders. I’m sure they are all very talented young ladies. In fact I will never speak negatively of any individual player. If I ever mention a player by name it will only be because she deserves praise. My point about Longview’s defense is more to the overall difficulties any team would have replacing two all district seniors and one All-State starter. I know Ms. Adams was an all-district performer last year but she will line up with several new teammates, with little or no varsity experience. Now, as to old Pitchblack’s extreme ignorance. Well, my wife agrees, although for entirely different reasons. I do think the consensus is that Longview will most likely win district. That is what prompted my original statement and that’s what makes my position so compelling.

Lastly, I just read the results of the weekend scrimmages. And well, let’s just say “I rest my case”.

Oh, I almost forgot. hey dunce where did you go? Did I scare you off?

Whats up pitchblack,

I had to respond to the part that Lake Highlands DII is not a extremely high level. While DII is not DI at Lake Highlands, Many of the Lobo girls have played D1, while they are not DI this year, there are plenty of players on the Sting team that could be playing there if time and budgets allowed them to travel. With the exception of one or two players, there are no teams in this area that have Classic league players. Arlington or Tyler Open league is not even close to that level. Even you have to admit that those leagues can't replicate Lake Highlands pace of play. I promise that the ODP program and ECNL league is played at a etremely high level and there are at least six players on the Longview team that have had that experience.

Saying that, the defense will be the biggest hill to climb. While there are capable players ready to step in those positions, it will take time to gel. Will they be as good as last year, maybe not, but they probably won't have to be. As for the scrimmage results, the starting keeper was not there and two girls were playing ECNL games at the Disney Showcase. Another ODP player didn't start due to playing in a showcase tourney in Miami, Fl. Two of the players will be sitting out the alumni game, and part of two upcoming games as their punishment for going to the ECNL games. Their return should stabilize things. There will be a few girls that will miss certain games this year due to the ECNL committment and ODP regional championship game.

I have watch a few alumni games, and if the Lady Lobos play up to their ability, I just don't see them not winning district. I could be wrong, and it would be the first time. I will rest my case, good or bad" after district.

Take care pitchblack!

Aflopper

Let the excuses begin!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, whats the point in resting your case after the seasons over and done? Anyone, can do that. Come on Aflopper your better than that. Not much, but better. :P

Oh, also I will stipulate that many of the Longview girls have competed at a high level. I'm just saying lets not get carried away.

Anyway, It's good to have you back. Hope your Holidays were great.

Not a good idea to judge a team by a round robin scrimmage or any scrimmage for that matter. Coaches play players that wouldn't normally see as much time or try different things in those. The real look will start tonight and for sure this weekend.

Not a good idea to judge a team by a round robin scrimmage or any scrimmage for that matter. Coaches play players that wouldn't normally see as much time or try different things in those. The real look will start tonight and for sure this weekend.

I agree. Many Longview girls were playing in the Disney Showcase this past weekend and werent even there.

The fact that some Longview girls have missed/will miss games due to various non-school tournaments is an indication of the talent on the team. On the other hand, I can't imagine it does much for team chemistry.

Team Chemistry is very good.

pitchblack,

After many, many very lengthy posts from you, we have learned very little - the Longview girls will finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th in district. Presumably, your isolated comment that Kilgore, Hallsville, Marshall and even Henderson are at a competitive disadvantage means none of them will win either. That only leaves Pine Tree which last won district in 2005.

Surely someone of your expertise has an opinion about who will win district. Please, grow a pair and make a prediction (your phraseology from earlier in this thread).

Last i checked you are only as good as the players on your team. If Longview had people gone then their bench must not be very deep. If PT won and did good and played players in different positions i guess that means they are deeper according to your enlightened detail of how High School Soccer works.

The fact remains the scores were different. If Longview is this dominant force (which they are VERY good) they would have showed a little better in that round robin. You can judge talent anywhere a game is played. I don't think the girls go out and not try just because it is a scrimmage.

Last i checked you are only as good as the players on your team. If Longview had people gone then their bench must not be very deep. If PT won and did good and played players in different positions i guess that means they are deeper according to your enlightened detail of how High School Soccer works.

The fact remains the scores were different. If Longview is this dominant force (which they are VERY good) they would have showed a little better in that round robin. You can judge talent anywhere a game is played. I don't think the girls go out and not try just because it is a scrimmage.

I agree. The games may not count, but that doesn't mean the results are totally meaningless.

Wow! I'm just an outsider adding some insight to what MAY have been involved in the scores you saw. I was just trying to make the point that different coaches do different things in these scrimmages and the results may be deceiving based on that. It is entirely possible for example that PT played what they consider their starting group against their opponents mixed starting unit and bench. And the opposite could be said for Longview. Maybe they all played their starters and the scores do give some insight to the teams. I really don't care, just trying to chime in.

Like I said before, this weekend you should have a good idea of where they stand because these count now.

Wow! I'm just an outsider adding some insight to what MAY have been involved in the scores you saw. I was just trying to make the point that different coaches do different things in these scrimmages and the results may be deceiving based on that. It is entirely possible for example that PT played what they consider their starting group against their opponents mixed starting unit and bench. And the opposite could be said for Longview. Maybe they all played their starters and the scores do give some insight to the teams. I really don't care, just trying to chime in.

Like I said before, this weekend you should have a good idea of where they stand because these count now.

I dont totally disagree with what you said. Sorry if i came off as rude. Longview was missing their 2 best players, and talking to a bunch of people in Longview they kinda chalked it up to that. However the score was 4-1 and in soccer that is a big gap is all im saying.

well, longview was missing 2 of their outstanding players, but i wouldn't exactly say the 2 "best players". are we forgetting that soccer is a "team" sport and it takes more than just 2 players to play a game? longview has a whole team of "best" players, maybe it was just the fact that they pretty much played back to back with only a short break. Maybe they were just not "gelling" together as a team, what ever the reason, we should not count them out as a powerhouse team because of one scrimmage. Every team has their ups and downs, why don't we just give them a break!

The games may count now (on a team's or coach's record), but they still don't matter. It's fun to win tournaments, but I expect a lot of coaches will still be tweaking things to find the most effective lineups.

The only games that truly matter are district games. Everything else is just for braggin' rights, state rankings or whatever.

How are the Palestine and Jacksonville girl's looking this year...anybody know anything?

Palestine, even though they lost their twins to I believe Rowlett are showing signs of having another strong team. They played last weekend in Chapel Hill and showed some good chemistry. They tied John Tyler, 0 to 0, and tied White House and Chapel Hill each at 2-2. Palestines Coach will have them in line by the time they face Nac. Like always, it will be a good game. I can't wait to see it.