2010 Season!

upper90

Palestine, even though they lost their twins to I believe Rowlett are showing signs of having another strong team. They played last weekend in Chapel Hill and showed some good chemistry. They tied John Tyler, 0 to 0, and tied White House and Chapel Hill each at 2-2. Palestines Coach will have them in line by the time they face Nac. Like always, it will be a good game. I can't wait to see it.

The CH-Palestine score was 1-1 and the other team they played was Lindale not Whitehouse. The Palestine girls looked good, the girls worked well together, you can tell they are having to adjust to not having the twins there. I feel they will do well this season.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, longview was missing 2 of their outstanding players, but i wouldn't exactly say the 2 "best players". are we forgetting that soccer is a "team" sport and it takes more than just 2 players to play a game? longview has a whole team of "best" players, maybe it was just the fact that they pretty much played back to back with only a short break. Maybe they were just not "gelling" together as a team, what ever the reason, we should not count them out as a powerhouse team because of one scrimmage. Every team has their ups and downs, why don't we just give them a break!

Yeah actually 2 of the best players can make a HUGE difference. i realize its a team sport but its till the fact of the matter. IF they had those 2 girls i believe the scores would have been different. THis isnt hold your hand soccer its High School soccer and 2 very good players can make a very big difference. There is a reason they werent there because they were playing somewhere else obviously something a little more important and better for them.

Looks like the Lindale boys and MP boys are the teams to beat this year. Kilgore is playing very well from what I hear. I would think Longview girls are the team to beat this year.

We will definently find out this weekend. Longview tournament picts.

Longview vs Lufkin

Lindale vs Mt.Pleasant

Kilgore vs John Tyler

Teams in tournament: Red Oak, Longview, Lufkin, Tyler lee, Lindale, Mt.Pleasant, Henderson, Kilgore, John Tyler, Pittsburg, Palestine, Athens

Is Longview boys going to play Lindale or MP? Those would be great games to watch.

The schedule presently has

5pm Longview vs Lufkin

7pm Lindale vs Mt.Pleasant

On sat at 4pm winner of bracket A (lufkin/ redoak/longview/athens bracket) plays winner of Bracket B (lindale/mt.pleasant/henderson/tyler lee bracket). So longview will have to win bracket to play either team in finals. Finals of that game will be at Lear Park

from what iev seen and played against i would choose lindale over mp. and kilgore is playing some good ball. we (jville) beat em 3-2 in thier tournament. we came out firing shots and got up 3-0 they are very fast at the forward. #10 is thier form of offense. was real talented and made his own shots. was not impressed by thier defense though. tall and physical yes but could be beat easily if played quick around them

LINDALE IS THE TEAM TO BEAT THEY BEAT MT. PLEASANT AGAIN . THEY BEAT SULPHUR SPRINGS 3-0, AND DESTROYED PITTSBURG . THE ONLY WAY LINDALE DOES NOT GO ALL THE WAY IS IF THEY BEAT THEMSELVES . AND CONGRATS TO COACH LAWLESS FOR HIS 200TH AND 201ST VICORIES.

• 2 months later...
GIRLS scrimmage results (@ Red Oak):

Pine Tree 3, Red Oak 2

Longview 1, Waxahachie 1

Red Oak 4, Longview 1

Pine Tree 0, Waxahachie 0

Nearly 3 months after scrimmaging, these 4 teams are scheduled to face off in the regional quarterfinals:

Longview vs. Red Oak

Pine Tree vs. Waxahachie

On the eve of these games, it was interesting to read back through the subsequent posts regarding the value of scrimmage results, pitchblack's prediction that Longview would not win district, etc.

Nearly 3 months after scrimmaging, these 4 teams are scheduled to face off in the regional quarterfinals:

Longview vs. Red Oak

Pine Tree vs. Waxahachie

On the eve of these games, it was interesting to read back through the subsequent posts regarding the value of scrimmage results, pitchblack's prediction that Longview would not win district, etc.

Good Point!

Lindale will be back and kickin....losing 5 seniors I think, they will do good again because they have "THE TWINS" back for their senior year.

They also have many good juniors and sophmores coming back.

thought the Shipman boys were seniors this year

Lindale will be back and kickin....losing 5 seniors I think, they will do good again because they have "THE TWINS" back for their senior year.

They also have many good juniors and sophmores coming back.

Elijah & Enoch Shipman are seniors this year.

People around here said the Brenham Cubs would be down this year after loosing a large senior class that had been to the state tournament 2 years on a row. But the Cubs were 1 goal away from winning the district this year and made it to the reginal quarter finals. Got beat by a good Waco University team 3-2 in over time last night. So, good coaching can over come alot of question marks, and team work can over come a lack of experience.