yankees fans

Stoney

How about that ? No Afraud in the lineup tonight, and the Yanks are taking care of business. We got some help from the Tigers today, and so did the Rangers. What can you say ? The Yankees are better off without the ARoid.

The core of the team is playing great in SEA tonight. 11-1, maybe Giarardi will let little steroid boy try to get some base hits. This is baseball, not little league. :coolball:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when the Yankees are on the west coast, and I'll take 2 out of 3 any time during a series. The did that with Sea and Oak. The euphoria you get by watching your teams win is wonderful. The reverse happens when they loose. With the Yankees tearing it up in Boston on their on turf is wonderful. That's what teams want to do to instill doubt in their opponents.

Nothing would be better than a sweep, however only 3 players didn't up their average today and that was Damon, Hairston, Jr. , and Cano. I didn't watch the game, because I'm a bigger Cowboys homer than a Yankees homer. It was nice to hear them announce that the Yankees trounced the Red Sox, during the game tonight. Huuuh, Huuuh, Huuuh, Trounced like the bean eaters that they are. :thumbsup:

Oh, and um good job :highfive: Afraud you went 4-4, in a game the Yankees would have won anyway. I'm sure you're proud. When we get beat tomorrow night (probably), you'll go o-fer. I'm hoping that's not the case, but usually after a game like this, there's a big celebration and then a let down. I hope Joe doesn't allow for them to become complacent. If they can win this series, and keep playing smart baseball, the World Series is ours. There is no luck in winning, only hard work, execution, and determination.

Well it was a thumping today, and I expected it. :cripple:

When you put an animal in the corner, they either retreat or they fight back. The Red Sox, rarely limp off into the sunset. I still hate them. Joe let the boys go off into Beantown and have a night. Hopefully, they got their wake up call this afternoon. As I've said 2 of of three ain't bad, and the Yankees better be ready for tomorrows game.

The American Empire is flexing it's muscle. The Yankees are the epitome of what America should be. You pay your good players, bring in some talent, if they don't succeed you get rid of them. That's the way America should be, but everyone of the namby pamby "it's not fair" society desires to see the Yankees fail. That's another reason that I love baseball, you're not the best until you can beat the best. The Yankees aren't the best with an 8-4 win tonight. They are in a position to succeed, and I love watching it. This team celebrated Saturday morning / Friday night, and we saw it on the field yesterday afternoon. Manager Joe Giarardi understood that aspect of baseball, and he rallied the troops to play a great game of baseball tonight.

Professional sports is a business, it's not a nursery. That's the way life is as well. The job isn't finished, until it's accomplished. 2nd best means that you gave up.

The core of the Yankees need to alienate AFraud, until he can prove that he is a team player. I saw his three run shot, but he needs to contribute more to the team than what he is doing. If he wants to wear pinstripes, he needs to stop being a prima donna.

2/3 in bahston? not too shabby except for saturday. that was horrible. we still control the east. our bats are bringing in runs by the dozens. our pitching is getting better and better as the season rolls along. que up frank and " start spreadin the news".

2/3 in bahston? not too shabby except for saturday. that was horrible. we still control the east. our bats are bringing in runs by the dozens. our pitching is getting better and better as the season rolls along. que up frank and " start spreadin the news".

You have to be patient. I want it all, and I want it now, but there are still games to be played. The Yankees aren't ready for the World Series, yet. I'm not saying they can't do it, but I'm happy with their progress. Joe Giarardi needs to tighten the reigns a little bit, and then unleash the horses. The Strangers will be visiting the Bronx tomorrow, and they're hungry.

They are coming into the house that Jeter, O'Neil, Williams, Martinez, Pettite, Hernandez, and Posada built. They better have their guns ready.

The Yanks put the 10 run rule on the College World Series today, and I'm not complaining. The Yankees are getting back on track, but they have to remember there are a lot more games to play. Boston is lurking in the back ground, and I'm still not comfortable with our meltdown at home against the little red shoes.

New York needs to get back to basics, and stop depending on their bats. I like to see the explosiveness of the Yankees, but there's something about about our pitching that is bothering me. Hopefully there will be some cohesiveness with the pitching. I like consistency, and the pitching staff has been running in streaks. The Yankees need to start in the clubhouse, and the AFraud factor keeps coming to my mind. He just doesn't seem to bond with his team mates, especially his defensive players.

Some might try to make a big story out of Joba Chamberlain being pulled today in the 4th. The Team Captain spoke and he's right :

"It's good that we're winning. Because I'm sure if we weren't playing well and we weren't winning, then people would make a bigger story out of it,'' Derek Jeter said. "But you have to realize that Joba hopefully is going to be here for a long time, so in the same sense you want to make sure that he's healthy.''

Joba came back and said :

"You've got to realize what they're trying to do - to protect me for a long time,'' Chamberlain said. "It's humbling for me to know that they care that much about me. ... I feel good, but I also understand this is a process.''

The above quotes were taken from the AP's Mike Fitzpatrick interview.

It was a great 7th inning for the Yanks, and "Tex" is making a case for the MVP. The Yankees are heading down to the town of their origin, and yes we remember the whipping that the Orioles put on us early in the season. It seems like our skipper knows what he's doing between the lines. Hopefully the Orioles are demoralized about their season, and the Yankees can sweep them at Camden Yards.

A nice win in the town of our birth tonight. AFraud was out of the lineup, with his bum back, ankle, who know's with that clown. Andy got his 12th win of the season, and I think this year will be his last in pinstripes. The bottom of the lineup pulled the Yankees through tonight, and that's where it matters, sometimes. This is a team, and I think that they are ignoring the clubhouse cancer. It's a good start tonight in Baltimore, but it's not enough to hang your hat on.

A sweep in the old stomping grounds of the great Herman George "Babe" Ruth, with a 7 run 9th I might add. AFraud did give us 4 rbi's, and we still would have won 6-2.

I expect a loss tomorrow against those Nanooks of the north. The blue jays got a sound whipping by the Rangers the last three days and they'll be hungry. They've practically folded this season, but they'll want to win. The Yankees are on a 6 game winning streak, and they deserve a rest. They're 7.5 games up, and "Train Kept a Rollin' " Aerosmith :

It's so good to be wrong, that New York train keeps rollin' . Great game by Jorge Posada, that old man can still step to the plate. Since 2000, Posada had more runs batted in, home runs, and hits than any other catcher in baseball. 15 years in the majors, and he's a great team player.

Maybe the blue jays have mailed in the season, and they just show up at the park. The Yankees need to keep going strong. I'd like to see AFRAUD benched in the playoffs, however.

8 1/2 games up, and we're going into the stretch. I figured the Yankees would lose, at least one game in the series. I'm glad it was against Roy Halladay. It's time to step it up, and keep this Yankee team going strong.

I still have my doubts with the Yankees in the playoffs. Girardi needs to reign in that loose cannon that plays 3rd, and explain a few things to him. I saw a lot of good things from the Yankees today, but college football did have it's precedent today.

It's baseball and football season, or is it football and baseball season ? I love them both, but football is more exciting to watch.

I've been burnt for the past 8 years or so .... go Yankees .. I'll celebrate when they win the World Series. There's been too many disappointments this decade to get too excited about "winning the East".

However, one thing I like is the more "team" attitude that seems previlent in this year's Yankee effort. That's more refreshing than what I've been watching the past few years.

Just maybe this is the year ..... uh yeah .. I guess that I'll wait until ...

I've been burnt for the past 8 years or so .... go Yankees .. I'll celebrate when they win the World Series. There's been too many disappointments this decade to get too excited about "winning the East".

However, one thing I like is the more "team" attitude that seems previlent in this year's Yankee effort. That's more refreshing than what I've been watching the past few years.

Just maybe this is the year ..... uh yeah .. I guess that I'll wait until ...

I agree, What is winning a division ? It's nothing. World Series or bust !! We played two today and won, that's what the Yankees are supposed to do. If we wanted to just win a division, we'd be like Rangers, Astros, or Mariners fans.

I'm still taking a "wait and see" with Aroid in the lineup. I loved the doubleheader today. There is a lot more baseball to play.

The Yankees are still in the catbird seat, but the playoffs are ahead. 4-4 from Tampa Bay would be too much to ask. If the Yanks take a day off tomorrow, I won't fret about it. I'll say the Yankees lose 10-4, and if I'm wrong :happy65: . It should be fun to watch regardless.

I have so much respect for the Iron Horse. I never thought a puny kid playing shortstop would ever come close. Not once, but twice has this happened to the great Lou Gehrig.

Sorry folks, Jeter may have tied him tonight, but only Babe Ruth may have been a better baseball player than Lou. Babe has the edge because of his early pitching days.

It was a good 4 game sweep, the Yankees get a days rest tomorrow, and it's back to the diamond on Friday.

Great comeback tonight ... Posada hits a 3-run "go ahead" homer to give the Yankees another "come-from-behind" win. Congrats to Jeter for his play for and contribution to the spirit of the Yankees. This is the best I've seen this team play in several years. Just hope that their pitching comes through in the playoffs ... and the timely hitting shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

There is still a lot of baseball to play. The playoffs aren't even close, and the Yankees have been in a downturn. They have made the playoffs, and that is it. A chance to win the World Series, but until they accomplish a World Series Championship, they are nothing.

I hope that they do not celebrate, because there is more work to be done. Winning the AL East is nothing, Winning a World Series is everything.

I have been very disappointed in the Yankees for the past week, but I understand that they can coast a little bit. It's time to prepare themselves for the Playoffs. Now is not the time to Parrrrttyyyy, it's time to regroup, recuperate, and not take things for granted.

It's been a decent year for the Yankees, there is still only one goal, anything short of that is failure.

Home field advantage, the AL East, and the sweep of the hated Red Sox is over. I'm glad that the Yankees can rest up to prepare for the World Series run. I hope that they sweep the Angels to help the Rangers out for the playoffs. The Yankees have done all that they could to increase the Rangers chances for a playoff birth. There's still more baseball to play, and I hope that the Yankees don't rest too much on their laurels.

I for one will be glad when the post season gets going.....just so I can root against the yankees.....lol.....

Unfortunately for you, the Yankees will be there. I'm not asking for you to join the organization, but the Yankees do things the right way. You may not see it, but they are the symbol of capitalism. They may overpay for talent, but winning pays for itself in the end. The Yankees did not cut back because of the economy, they pressed forward.

There is still work to do, Yankees don't rest on their laurels. They were given a break by their manager today, and they still came through. I used to love watching the Kansas City Royals in the late 70's early 80's. It's sad to see them play the way they do today.

A new season is about to start. All Yankees fans know that this is where we belong. It will take work perserverance, and giving every ounce of energy that they can muster. Championships are not won on luck.

Now is the time for all good Yankees, to prepare to win the World Series !!

• 2 months later...
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/12/17/no-exte...ar-of-contract/

I like what my team is doing in the offseason. The Phillies have given up their future, with the trade of a better pitcher and 3 minor leaguers for Roy Halladay.

As a Yankees fan, this is how it should be done. Can we trade AFraud ?

You know, even if the Yankees did want to trade AFraud (which they don't), there are probably only two or three other clubs that could afford to take on his contract.

You know, even if the Yankees did want to trade AFraud (which they don't), there are probably only two or three other clubs that could afford to take on his contract.

I'd rather AFraud be the Milton Bradley of the Major Leagues. :coolball: I think every baseball team in the majors should have to put up with him.