yankees fans

Stoney

It looks like the Yankees are redeeming themselves in the series against Baltimore. As long as they keep playing heads up ball, we might see some things from them this year. I know it's early, but I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. The Orioles are on a slide, and we have the Rays up next. We didn't get any help from the Rangers tonight.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 - 2 Orioles today.......

I don't like to talk about losses only wins, and the possibilities of the playoffs. Should the Yankees not be in contention at some point in the next several months I won't be talking about them. I don't expect the Yankees to be in contention by September, but Joe Girardi has proved me wrong. When the Yankees are loosing, I'd rather just lick my wounds in silence. We did win the series against with a return favor of a 6-2 victory. Of course Afraud and Tex went a combined 0-6 in this game. We also had some help from the Rangers to keep the Rays at bay. Our pitching has been above what I have expected, and as long as you have pitching, you can win ball games. If C.C. could break his slump, we'd be doing a lot better in the standings.

C.C. finally gets a win and the Yankees are now 4 games up in the East. He still gave up 3 earned runs and 4 runs while striking out 9. Tex and AFraud had decent days at the plate with Tex going 4-5 and going yard, and AFraud going 2-4 with one home run, both are still hitting .250 or below. The Yankees are only a half game behind Kansas City for the best record in the AL.

The Yankees have been in a tailspin the last week, and hopefully we can get back to winning. C.C. Sabathia did get another win, but that's been one of the few highlights. As long as we're in contention, and in first I'm happy.

• 2 weeks later...

After a 1-10 beat down by the Rays, Royals, Rangers, and Nationals the Yankees finally show that they have something in the tank by sweeping what was the #1 power ranked team in baseball : http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings . The Rays are in a slump with a 5 game losing streak, and we currently have a game and a half lead. AFraud's numbers are rising, but I will never be a fan of his. He has been as much of a scourge as Dave Winfield was in the 80's, overpaid and results didn't lead to playoff success.

• 2 weeks later...

The Yankees seemed to have re-grouped going on a 6 game winning streak. They've shown some tenacity in getting it back together. Right now I could only vote for Jacoby Ellsbury to be in the All Star game. Our pitching has been better than what I expected, and I think Dellin Betances and Michael Pineda have a shot to be on the Midsummer Classic roster. Masahiro Tanaka has been performing well in his last 5 starts going 3-1 with a 2.76 era. AFraud has been on a tear as well, but I hope that he is never elected to another All Star Game, but he doesn't seem to have enough votes to even catch up.

The A-Fraud lovefest saturday night was sickening. Oh he's such a great DH. Oh the pressure is off him. The Warrren kid looked good, even with a 6 run lead. They need another bat. I dont know who they could bring up or what they have as trade bait.

The A-Fraud lovefest saturday night was sickening. Oh he's such a great DH. Oh the pressure is off him. The Warrren kid looked good, even with a 6 run lead. They need another bat. I dont know who they could bring up or what they have as trade bait.

This is what I found, and Aaron Judge seems to be the top prospect. http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=nyy . I had hopes for Slade Heathcott, but with his early drinking problems that has set him back. I figured he'd be ready for the majors by now, he's not even on this list. Only Mason Williams is currently batting over .300, but he doesn't have any power and has yet to hit a home run with two years in the minors. We have the 16th and 30th pick in tonights draft so we'll see how that goes. I would love to have the draft picks that the Astros have, they're only going to get better in the next 5 years.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe it's been a month since I've posted here. I don't like talking Yankees when they're losing, because I hate seeing them out of 1st. They've righted the ship, and we're 3 games up after winning the series with the Rays and A's. We do have the stinking Sox up next in Boston before the All Star break. It's helped that the Orioles, Blue Jays, and the Rays have been in slumps with the Rays having the toughest time of it losing 9 of their last 10. Boston and the Yankees are the only teams with a win streak.

I have to give them an A so far this year, because no one except maybe the team expected them to be this good this year. Andrew Miller may not be Mariano Rivera, but he's played well enough with his 0.73 era and only 1 blown save with 18 saves in 27 games. The Yankees used to get hot after the All Star break, and I hope that tradition returns.

The mighty Yankees finished up at the All Star break with the second best record in the American League, and sitting nicely 3.5 games up in the East after a series win vs. the Red Sox. Our over paid star pitcher is the only starter with a losing record. Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller have provided us with a solid bullpen. Our batting is suspect with only Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner as the only starters to bat over .300. We have had solid run support from Tex, Brian McCann, and I hate to say it AFRAUD. I wish I could say these are the Yankees of the past, but I can't. I can't guarantee a post All Star hot streak as we've seen with prior Yankee teams. If the Yankees are able to sustain their winning ways, then I don't see how Joe Girardi doesn't win the Manager of the Year. Most pundits had the Red Sox, Orioles, or Blue Jays winning the East. It appears the experts are wrong so far since the Rays are behind the Yankees after their three game sweep of the Astros.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the All Star Break the Mighty Yankees have won 3 straight series, and can hopefully put the Orioles further in the hole with a sweep tomorrow. The Blue Jays sit 5 games back. Hopefully we can build the lead into a bigger one. I know Cashman has said that he doesn't plan on bringing in any free agents before the trading deadline, but I wouldn't mind getting a solid bat in the lineup. I realize there isn't much out there, and why Cashman has said that the team is staying pat.

The Yankees win another series from the Twins. AFraud might be back on the juice with his 3 homers last night to help bring us back for the win. Now it's up against the Rangers. Wish I could go since it's in Arlington, but it's during the week. Hope we can take this series as well.

Yankees take another series from the BoSox, and now it's up against our closest competitor in the East with the Blue Jays. They've been on fire with a 5 game winning streak. Hopefully we can stop that, and take another series otherwise we'll lose more ground.

• 2 weeks later...

After the Blue Jays swept the Yankees August 7-9th many had the Blue Jays taking the East with the trades they made. The Yankees have held their own winning the series against the Jays and sweeping Minnesota. It could be a tough battle the rest of the way, but they're playing great baseball right now. They're a game and a half in the East, and 5 games up in the Wild Card Standing. Cleveland's up next and hopefully we can redeem the series loss to them earlier this month.