Which one of the SIX East Texas teams in Austin has the best chance to win it all

RETIREDFAN1

Which East Texas baseball team has the best chance in Austin  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best shot at winning in Austin???

• Overton
    • White Oak
    • Carthage
    • Pleasant Grove
    • Texas High
    • Lufkin

I can't remember the last time East Texas had that many representatives at the state baseball tournament. That's incredible. I wish I could be there to just watch.

Last time I was in Austin for the state baseball tournament I saw Kyle Drabek play (The Woodlands). He was fascinating.

I picked Texas High, deeper pitching than the Texas Rangers... lol but deep for HS baseball for sure! Light them bats up come game day TH :thumbsup:

I picked Carthage on tradition but would like to see T-hi and PG win the thing. T-hi will have to beat the #1 team in the nation, CC Moody to win it all!!!!!!!!!! Dont know how they pick this but this was on a web site that I was checking on.

I picked Carthage on tradition but would like to see T-hi and PG win the thing. T-hi will have to beat the #1 team in the nation, CC Moody to win it all!!!!!!!!!! Dont know how they pick this but this was on a web site that I was checking on.

Maxpreps baseball

I hope they ALL bring back titles, I chose Carthage, they are playing incredible team ball.

Good Luck to all, great seasons ya'll should be very proud.................. :happy65:

If memory serves me, the last time Texas High made it to Austin they beat No. 1 draft pick Jimmy Jones in the regional finals in 16 innings. Jones pitched all 16 innings, throwing 260 pitches and striking out 28, but he lost. Two days later he pitched in relief and Texas High won on a home run by Dr. Greg Richter (he wasn't a doctor then obviously). A lot of folks figured Texas High would win state, but they lost in the semifinals to a Houston junior named Greg Swindelll. That Texas High team had some truly great players, but not a Josh Turley or Slade Heathcott. That's just my opinion.

If memory serves me, the last time Texas High made it to Austin they beat No. 1 draft pick Jimmy Jones in the regional finals in 16 innings. Jones pitched all 16 innings, throwing 260 pitches and striking out 28, but he lost. Two days later he pitched in relief and Texas High won on a home run by Dr. Greg Richter (he wasn't a doctor then obviously). A lot of folks figured Texas High would win state, but they lost in the semifinals to a Houston junior named Greg Swindelll. That Texas High team had some truly great players, but not a Josh Turley or Slade Heathcott. That's just my opinion.

Lord, that must've been about 20 years ago!! :w00t:

---Just looked it up......26 years ago to be exact!

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they ALL bring back titles, I chose Carthage, they are playing incredible team ball.

Good Luck to all, great seasons ya'll should be very proud.................. :happy65:

One in a hundred, congrats to all the teams that made it to Austin.